Expecting TWINS!!

Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice
Smile Re: Expecting TWINS!!

Originally Posted by ian_s
I would just like to announce that we are expecting twins in February. They will be a welcome addition to our family. We already have a 9 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. Can't believe we're going to have genuine aussies in the family. Already started looking for a bigger rental and a seven seat car. So anyone with any practical advice with regards multiple births feel free to add your bit.

I'm hopefully going to put an update on as we have been here six months already.

Ian.
Would like to congratulate you on your news, I have twin girls aged 7 and although it came as a shock as we had 3 children already I think they are very special and the bond they share is amazing. Mine are identical and are extremely close and still sleep in the same bed and if you ever upset one of them then you will be in trouble with the other. At first I dreaded it and didn't know how I would cope, but to be honest it was no where near as bad as I was expecting it to be, my advice is just be ready for an arrival as early as 28 weeks as mine tried to arrive early at 30 weeks, but I managed to hold on til I was 35 weeks and they were very good weights and very healthy. Just try to get as much help as possible as it can be quite tiring, also be prepared to be stopped in the street all the time for people wanting a look.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Expecting TWINS!!

Big congratulations! You are truly blessed! Keep us updated

Last edited by Baltibabe; Jul 30th 2008 at 9:42 pm. Reason: can't spell
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all for your good wishes. We are anxious to say the least because of the high risk scenario. My wife really wanted to go back to the UK as we had planned in November but by this time she will be about 26 or 27 weeks gone. Due to see consultant on the 18th so will go on medical advice. Its hard really as she really wants to see her mum. I'll just have to send the MIL on a guilt trip to see if that makes her decide to come here instead. Once again thanks for all your comments and kind words.

Ian.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to announce that we are expecting twins in February. They will be a welcome addition to our family. We already have a 9 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. Can't believe we're going to have genuine aussies in the family. Already started looking for a bigger rental and a seven seat car. So anyone with any practical advice with regards multiple births feel free to add your bit.

I'm hopefully going to put an update on as we have been here six months already.

Ian.

Whayyaaahaayyy
Congrats

That's wonderful news!!

So it's going well in South Australia???

sam and stu xx
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

It certainly is. Toni is still feeling a little homesick. All that work to get us into the country as childcare co-ordinator went to waste because of all the red tape here in SA. She still hasn't worked because the licencing authority insist she do some managerial units at TAFE. This would mean working as unqualified and she doesn't want to do this when there is a so called shortage for qualified childcare workers. Other than that we doing well, eldest settled into school and youngest into playgroups. Me, gave up on going for an apprenticeship and am now qualified as a driving instructor. Total seachange.

Hows are the banana benders treating you and yours?

Ian.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to announce that we are expecting twins in February.
Congratulations Ian!

We have a pair of 3-year olds.

The Australian site for Multiple births is www.amba.org.au , they have a very useful forum at http://www.amba.org.au/forum/ .

I also started a twins for Australia thread on British Expats when ours were only a few months old, here's the link - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331703

and here's the 7 seater car thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376751

Hope that lot helps!

Buzzy
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Buzzy,

Thanks for the links the multiple birth one was really useful. With regards to the cars I have just read all NINE pages of the original thread. Which car did you buy in the end? As we've already got two bin lids and two more on the way we're looking more towards the MPVs. At the moment its a toss up between the Grand Voyager and the Grande Carnival as they seem to to provide more boot space. You'll appreciate that a double pushchair isn't the smallest thing you will put in the boot! I would also like to take a look at the Ssanyong(sp) Stavic, doesn't seem to many about though. My issues with the Voyager and the Kia stem from been a bit of a car snob in the UK (Beamers and Audis). Although saying that we bought a Hyundai Tuscon when we got here and had no problems with it and also teach people to drive in a Ford Focus. Just don't want to splash out $25000+ on a Kia for it not to hold its value in a years to come. Hope this makes sense, its late, its Friday and off to bed am I.

Ian.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buzzy,

Thanks for the links the multiple birth one was really useful. With regards to the cars I have just read all NINE pages of the original thread. Which car did you buy in the end? As we've already got two bin lids and two more on the way we're looking more towards the MPVs. At the moment its a toss up between the Grand Voyager and the Grande Carnival as they seem to to provide more boot space. You'll appreciate that a double pushchair isn't the smallest thing you will put in the boot! I would also like to take a look at the Ssanyong(sp) Stavic, doesn't seem to many about though. My issues with the Voyager and the Kia stem from been a bit of a car snob in the UK (Beamers and Audis). Although saying that we bought a Hyundai Tuscon when we got here and had no problems with it and also teach people to drive in a Ford Focus. Just don't want to splash out $25000+ on a Kia for it not to hold its value in a years to come. Hope this makes sense, its late, its Friday and off to bed am I.

Ian.
We have friends with six kids (have quite a few actually - shouldn't send our kids to catholic schools i suppose). They have the Grande Carnival and the dad gave the kids and I a lift to the airport when we left Brisbane. I was really surprised how huge the boot space is - much more room than our Kluger or Landcruiser with extra seats in use.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buzzy,

Thanks for the links the multiple birth one was really useful. With regards to the cars I have just read all NINE pages of the original thread. Which car did you buy in the end?
Ian

We bought the Pathfinder. Various reasons, but the main ones being -

- Once you have all 7 seats up there's still enough space behind the third row for a pram and some shopping (this is rare in 7 seaters)
- The 3rd row of seats folds into the floor so you don't lose boot space if you're not using them
- side curtain airbags to all 3 rows of seats.
- diesel (11.5litres/100k)
- loads of other features. The one we didn't care about but really appreciate now we have it is the DVD player - the kids can now go for 3 hours or more without a boredom stop whih is very handy in Australia!

HTH

Buzzy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

I got twins too ... !!!!

my advice?
1. buy a dishwasher if you havent already got one,
2. buy a tumble dryer if you havent already got one,
3, buy lots of vodka/alcohol of choice ...
4. take up every offer of help, wherever it comes from ...
for what its worth, i find twins are much easier than singletons ... in all aspects
totally agree with this as another mum with twins, it's easier when you have 2 at once

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you hear about the irish guy who's wife had twins,Paddy went out with his shotgun looking for the OTHER fella
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Many congratulations!!!!!!

Twins are wonderful, mine are now 6 and so close to one another.

It is hard at the beginning, but they play together and entertain each other, which is great.

Well done, x
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations to you and your wife.

I have 4 year old twinnies, their older sister is only 1 year and 1 week older than them and wasn't walking when they were born so hubby had to diy a toddler chair for a double pram! We were quite a sight walking along the street. We were once stopped in Edinburgh city centre by a family of japanese tourists who wanted to take pictures of us, think(as many do) they thought the wee ones were triplets but still it was surreal

My advice for what its worth,
Tell your wife to allocate twice as much time to do anything like shopping as the wee ones attract all the attention of a newborn only it lasts for years not just a few weeks!

Prepare a few standard replys for the well meaning though not very original comments like "Double Trouble" , "Surround sound" and "you've got your hands full" cant tell you how many times I've heard these and it becomes difficult to keep kidding on your amused!

But most importantly Enjoy! As others have said it's not as hard as some would have you believe, in fact I think my first was the hardest as it's all new. I can't think of a day when my twinnies haven't made me laugh with the things they say to each other, and at least you know they'll always have someone to play(or fight) with!

Oh and on the car front we got a Chrysler grand voyager the week the twins were born at the time it was the only car with the boot and passenger space we needed and I find the layout of two captains chairs with a centre aisle and a triple bench at the back much easier than the other config of three seats then two at the back so the kids either have to clamber over or fold down one of the middle row to get to the back seats, with the voyager everyone can climb in and walk to their seats, I've got 5 kids now and the Grand Voyager still works for us. Sorry that turned into a bit of a ramble hope it makes sense!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes and be prepared for people to to ask if they are boys/girls regardless of what they are wearing !!

I lost count of how many people said "Awwww girl and a boy is it ?" when they were identical and both wearing pink
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Oh yes and be prepared for people to to ask if they are boys/girls regardless of what they are wearing !!

I lost count of how many people said "Awwww girl and a boy is it ?" when they were identical and both wearing pink
And then there are those who say..."ah, a boy and a girl - are they identical???"!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.