Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Expat Voting Apathy?

Expat Voting Apathy?

Old Nov 12th 2012, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Voting Apathy?

Err.... post 27, you confirm that you called him stupid.

Just saying.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:32 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Err.... post 27, you confirm that you called him stupid.

Just saying.
Err Brush up on your reading skills and get back to me on that ok luv
Old Nov 14th 2012, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that I would have the opportunity to vote in UK elections if I choose, because I still care about the country and who will lead it through the difficult economic times.

But like others have said, it is more likely that I will refrain because I question whether I should vote considering I don't live or pay taxes there.

I did register for the referendum, because it had forever implications and I may go back one day. I don't think they sent me the papers in time for that either though so I missed it.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rod_ph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I did register for the referendum, because it had forever implications and I may go back one day. I don't think they sent me the papers in time for that either though so I missed it.
It's almost impossible for overseas voters to use the postal vote due to the too short period between the ballot papers becoming available & polling day.
At least the government has recognised that this is a problem & is talking about extending the period to 26 days I recall. In comparison, US citizens already have a 45 day period in which to vote.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
Without substance you're just noise not worth taking any notice of. Want to at least try and qualify that. At least when I called you stupid I backed it up.
My reading skills are fine Furbaccchione.
Perhaps you should look at what you wrote before attacking me or denying that you called knockoffnige stupid.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When a Moderator deletes a post, that post has not been deleted just because we have nothing better to do. That post has been deleted for a specific reason - in this case Moneypenny deleted it as it was a breach of the rules.

That post is then NOT to promptly be reposted or referenced. The subject is to be dropped

If the subject is not dropped, and the thread returned to topic, then someone will be finding their posting privileges removed.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Rod_ph is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd just like to say that overall I've much appreciated the feedback provided so far by all contributors to this thread, whether for or against the principle of expat voting rights.
When I've similarly raised the subject on-line with other expat Brits elsewhere eg in Spain another popular location, the discussions have also got quite heated, perhaps due to the political dimension & sometimes towards me but I'm now quite used to it!