Expat baiting.

Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default Expat baiting.

Seems to be an increasingly popular past time. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were?

There seems to be a growing number of people want to "light the touchpaper" and let it fly so to speak. Then seem to revel in the glory of rubbishing anyone who dares defend Australia and their choice to reside here.

Answers on a postcard.

Last edited by shonalouise; Jan 24th 2010 at 10:20 am.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:05 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat baiting.

Originally Posted by shonalouise
There seems to be a growing number of people want to "light the touchpaper" and let it fly so to speak. Then seem to revel in the glory of rubbishing anyone who dares defend Australia and their choice to reside here.
Been here for longer than I care to remember (ok, about 3 years or so) and what you are saying happens occasionally.. if you stick around for a good number of years then you'll see it is actually more of circle of trends... with regard to the "Then seem to revel in the glory of rubbishing anyone who dares defend Australia and their choice to reside here" it comes and it goes... along side the price of lettuce and the choice of bacon or sausages...

Em x
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Seems to be an increasingly popular past time. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were?

Answers on a postcard.
As in: "too many spiders"? or "too hot"? on "No M & S"?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:34 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banksia
As in: "too many spiders"? or "too hot"? on "No M & S"?
I read that as hot spiders doing S&M
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Been here for longer than I care to remember (ok, about 3 years or so) and what you are saying happens occasionally.. if you stick around for a good number of years then you'll see it is actually more of circle of trends... with regard to the "Then seem to revel in the glory of rubbishing anyone who dares defend Australia and their choice to reside here" it comes and it goes... along side the price of lettuce and the choice of bacon or sausages...

Em x
And it happens in reverse too, sometimes people have a real dig at ones who are heading back to the UK.

At the end of the day, it would be a pretty bloody boring forum if a fight didn't spark up from time to time. But the longer you've been here, the more you know which threads to avoid.

I ignore the "whats great about Australia" and the "whats crap about the UK" threads.

Having said that, I've just watched "Relocatiion: Phil goes down under". If that wasn't a bloody advert for immigrants from the UK I don't know what is. Jeez... Apparently we all go for bike rides before work in the morning, and then go surfing after work in the evenings.

Oh *** off.

JTL
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:02 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I bring popcorn it's better than the tennis
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:41 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Expat baiting.

Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Apparently we all go for bike rides before work in the morning, and then go surfing after work in the evenings.

Oh *** off.

JTL

The posts that I find funny at the moment are the ones where people assume they will be banned for being anit-Aus! They obviously don't know their Mods very well....!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:59 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

The posts that I find funny at the moment are the ones where people assume they will be banned for being anit-Aus! They obviously don't know their Mods very well....!!!!

quick, start a thread about the price of lettuce polly!!!

Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:03 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mods are a pain in the arse and should be banned
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:11 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Answers on a postcard.
Postcards, there is something I haven't seen for a while ...
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:17 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were?
I don't see what's wrong with a bit of baiting. People do it everyday in the real word, not just on the internet.

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:24 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".[/I]
My wife made the mistake of saying that to me 10 years ago, I duly obliged
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Mods are a pain in the arse and should be banned
Behave or you'll be buying your own beer next week......
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Behave or you'll be buying your own beer next week......
Thanks but somebody already stocked me up yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.