Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Exoiring UK Passport

Exoiring UK Passport

Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exoiring UK Passport

Originally Posted by Syedney
Did you use Australia Post for renewing it? My daughter and mine is expiring in June
You have to use Aus Post if renewing in Australia I loathe all the workings of Aus Post, but have to admit when it came to Brit passports, they were good, and the passport office in NZ only took 2 weeks to get the passport back to me
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You have to use Aus Post if renewing in Australia I loathe all the workings of Aus Post, but have to admit when it came to Brit passports, they were good, and the passport office in NZ only took 2 weeks to get the passport back to me
Im praying for two weeks. If I ruin this holiday Mrs will cane me
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
for you..........
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

for you..........
To get his passport or for him to be caned?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Two weeks that contain the Easter public holidays...hmmm!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

If its any help we got our Australian passports in seven days.Also some people would say getting caned is not such a bad thing.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Two weeks that contain the Easter public holidays...hmmm!
I don't think NZ is having a public holiday on 26th Apr in lieu of either Anzac Day or Easter Monday (whichever it is here). However, being a high commission they'll probably have non-work days on UK public holidays too, meaning Fr 29th Apr and Mon 2nd May.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
To get his passport or for him to be caned?
You reading my mind again?!!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:10 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

You reading my mind again?!!
i want a long a hard cane
with slight upward curve
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i want a long a hard cane
with slight upward curve
Cost you extra
Old Apr 30th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

God Bless Her Majesty. It came Choosday right after Easter.
Colour me impressed.
That coupled with the wedding has got me all misty eyed for Blighty again.
Old May 1st 2011, 1:25 am
Home and Happy

God Bless Her Majesty. It came Choosday right after Easter.
Colour me impressed.
That coupled with the wedding has got me all misty eyed for Blighty again.
Me sitting here in London - seriously misty eyed, I tell you.
Glad the passport came through OK
Old May 1st 2011, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Me sitting here in London - seriously misty eyed, I tell you.
Glad the passport came through OK

Tell me that you didn't just do the trip for the Royal wedding?

And by the way, how does it feel to be back there (even briefly)?
Old May 1st 2011, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Syedney
Tell me that you didn't just do the trip for the Royal wedding?

And by the way, how does it feel to be back there (even briefly)?
Pure coincidence, I'd booked the tickets to come back and see family and friends, and they announced the wedding date after I'd booked. I did get some fun out of telling people at work I was flying over specially for it though Spent time in Bristol and London, and again its coincidence that I came back up to London on Thursday, so was here for the whole thing.

Its beautiful being here, I wss talking to someone yesterday saying this is definitely "home", its a feeling I get as soon as we approach Heathrow, every time. Flying back into Brisbane almost feels like I'm commuting or something, just going there to work and bide my time till I get back "home" again to live a little.
Its clearer this time that there's a recession on, but the shops are still busy (and fantastic, and people are still out and about and they are cheerful, and friendly, and it just feels more of a community than Brisbane (to me anyway)
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pure coincidence, I'd booked the tickets to come back and see family and friends, and they announced the wedding date after I'd booked. I did get some fun out of telling people at work I was flying over specially for it though Spent time in Bristol and London, and again its coincidence that I came back up to London on Thursday, so was here for the whole thing.

Its beautiful being here, I wss talking to someone yesterday saying this is definitely "home", its a feeling I get as soon as we approach Heathrow, every time. Flying back into Brisbane almost feels like I'm commuting or something, just going there to work and bide my time till I get back "home" again to live a little.
Its clearer this time that there's a recession on, but the shops are still busy (and fantastic, and people are still out and about and they are cheerful, and friendly, and it just feels more of a community than Brisbane (to me anyway)
Thanks for your ! Would have been nice to be in a London Pub on Friday ! Definitely miss the community feeling over there.
My jingoistic Aussie wife who cried last time we landed at Heathrow (Depressed not sentimental tears) watched for 5 hours and was moved and impressed,