British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Exoiring UK Passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/exoiring-uk-passport-712352/)

twhurl Apr 6th 2011 2:39 pm

Exoiring UK Passport

Hi,

My UK passport is expiring in July. IM flying to Bali this weekend. Will I have problems ? I've just found out alot of countries wont let you in unless you have 6 months left on your passport. :eek:

Pollyana Apr 6th 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Exoiring UK Passport

Originally Posted by twhurl (Post 9289166)
Hi,

My UK passport is expiring in July. IM flying to Bali this weekend. Will I have problems ? I've just found out alot of countries wont let you in unless you have 6 months left on your passport. :eek:

I think Bali is one of those countries? If so they may refuse you entry - in fact you may not even be allowed to board the plane.

http://www.balitouristforum.com/bali...quirements.htm

commonwealth Apr 6th 2011 8:11 pm

Its weird many passports are useless 5.999999 months prior to expiration.

twhurl Apr 6th 2011 11:09 pm

That sucks looks like Im stuffed :thumbdown:

roaringmouse Apr 7th 2011 1:40 am

Originally Posted by commonwealth (Post 9289977)
Its weird many passports are useless 5.999999 months prior to expiration.

It's weird many people don't know roughly when their passport is due to expire. UK passport renewals can have up to 9 months added to validity, and so last for 10 years + 9 months.

twhurl Apr 7th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by roaringmouse (Post 9290580)
It's weird many people don't know roughly when their passport is due to expire. UK passport renewals can have up to 9 months added to validity, and so last for 10 years + 9 months.

Yeah didnt realise they added on the old validity was waiting for it to expire then a trip came up. Lesson learnededed

moneypenny20 Apr 7th 2011 1:52 pm

Bali is fairly overrated so I wouldn't worry about it. :D

nickyjohnt Apr 7th 2011 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by twhurl (Post 9289166)
Hi,

My mother found this out when visiting there after a trip validating her Visa here in Australia, She had to pay bribes to the officials and was treated like a criminal. She just wanted them to refuse her entry and get out of there, Be prepared to buy your way in and continue to untill you leave there:thumbdown:

commonwealth Apr 7th 2011 7:39 pm

I dont understand why passports should expire. They should be valid until cancelled or when the photo is no longer age appropriate. The governments conspired to invent the need for expiry dates as a moneymmaking business.

commonwealth Apr 7th 2011 7:39 pm

Bali overrated : Agreed. There are much better beaches in Ostreya.

twhurl Apr 8th 2011 2:17 pm

Well we backed away from trying to bribe our way through with our boogie board full of goodies and rebooked the flight which was a nightmare but we got there in the end. My fault, I usually carry a few passports on me to suit the occasion but now I'm down to my soon to expire UK one.

twhurl Apr 12th 2011 2:16 pm

Sent in my renewal today for my British passport. What are the odds of getting it within a month ???

Pollyana Apr 12th 2011 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by twhurl (Post 9300621)
Sent in my renewal today for my British passport. What are the odds of getting it within a month ???

Mine took 2 weeks, that was in February :)

Syedney Apr 12th 2011 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9300672)
Mine took 2 weeks, that was in February :)

Did you use Australia Post for renewing it? My daughter and mine is expiring in June:eek:

commonwealth Apr 12th 2011 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Syedney (Post 9301059)
Did you use Australia Post for renewing it? My daughter and mine is expiring in June:eek:

why would you expire your daughter in June? :eek: