Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ex husband - what would you do?

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex husband - what would you do?

No idea of the position you're in. No kids and no divorce here. But I would say, if he and his new GF are coming to Oz for a holiday, they treat it like holiday and get a hotel. The fact he and the kids get to spend time with each other is an added bonus.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:00 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Wow! How insecure is she? What a nutter!

My husband (therefore step parent to my children) spends far more time with my kids than their own actual father does. Yet he doesn't really 'parent' them unless he feels he has to step in, and my kids think of him as a 'bonus person' in their lives.... Their lives would be infinitely lesser if he wasn't in it, I think.
Psycho evil bitch!

I can still picture the look on his face when, during one particularly heated discussion over access and childcare arrangements, I told him that if he continued to be difficult I would simply move away, get married, have more children and he would have to deal with another man being ‘Daddy’. He visibly crumbled. I didn’t mean it, and it was a terrible thing to say. But it would be even more terrible a thing, in my mind, to put into action.
When you're a single parent, it is so very difficult to know when to introduce the children to a new boyfriend, but Jesus, words fail me.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:33 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
In that case, this one's easy... (when the kids aren't looking... but the new partner definately is looking) flirt with him, outrageously. You can just about guarantee they will have new digs within a very short space of time!
Or go one better & suggest to him that as he's still professing his drunken love to you that you quite fancy the idea of a threesome & would he run it passed his girlfriend.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Or go one better & suggest to him that as he's still professing his drunken love to you that you quite fancy the idea of a threesome & would he run it passed his girlfriend.
OK smartarse, what happens when the girlfriend says yes please?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
OK smartarse, what happens when the girlfriend says yes please?
Yes to a threesome with your partners ex wife, that you've never met............ unlikely
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yes to a threesome with your partners ex wife, that you've never met............ unlikely
One would hope but there's some funny people around........
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
No idea of the position you're in. No kids and no divorce here. But I would say, if he and his new GF are coming to Oz for a holiday, they treat it like holiday and get a hotel. The fact he and the kids get to spend time with each other is an added bonus.
What he said. Of all the people involved in this situation, i.e. you, ex, kids, new girlfriend, it is only the new girlfriend's position that I can even remotely relate to as I once had a boyfriend that had a child from a previous relationship.

So as new girlfriend, I would hate to come and stay at your place I don't even know why he is suggesting it. Separate accommodation definitely. I think it is sadly too rare but great that you have managed to keep up the amicable relationship, but this is a stretch too far.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:16 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think I would say that you are happy for her to come, but that they would have to find alternative accommodation.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
have had a real giggle reading through some of these replies but you have pretty much confirmed what I am thinking (but wasn't sure if i was being unreasonable)
Im going to write an email tonight telling him that i will help them find reasonable priced accomodation but don't think it is a good idea them staying here when we have never met. (from her point as well as ours ) Listening to them banging in the next room was the decider There is no way I would go there again but not sure i want to listen to their holiday romps, particularly when i get drunken text messages professing his love for me still! great catch that one hey?
Thanks everyone x
So, how did it go?
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
So, how did it go?
After a very abrupt text message in reply to mine he called tonight to say they have booked some accomodation 5mins down the road - good result for all i think. close enough for kids to walk and i dont have to house them! The thought of sex and cereal was a real decision maker for me lol x
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Ex husband - what would you do?

I would be desperately trying to think of diplomatic ways to tell my wife that I have an ex-husband...

Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

After a very abrupt text message in reply to mine he called tonight to say they have booked some accomodation 5mins down the road - good result for all i think. close enough for kids to walk and i dont have to house them! The thought of sex and cereal was a real decision maker for me lol x
Yeah who needs cereal
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:28 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Result.

I can't imagine if he gets pissed and sends you declarations of love via txt, then what would have happened if you'd been in the same house together.