View Poll Results: Escalator, which side to stand in Australia?
Stand on right, walk on the left.
33.33%
Stand on left, walk on right.
66.67%
Surf the handrail.
0%
Stand in the middle and act disgruntled towards anyone that wants to get past.
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Escalator etiquette

Old Apr 20th 2022, 3:33 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Escalator etiquette

I'm learning.

Last edited by Charismatic; Apr 20th 2022 at 5:09 am.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Escalator etiquette

Stand wherever you like. Just don't fart.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Stand wherever you like. Just don't fart.
Farting requires that you walk quickly up the escalator to share the love
Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Farting requires that you walk quickly up the escalator to share the love
Or do it in the supermarket and walk off giggling at the gagging sounds behind you
Old Apr 20th 2022, 5:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Or do it in the supermarket and walk off giggling at the gagging sounds behind you
​​​​​​A friend told me that when he was in army training of anyone farted on parade or standing to attention they'd make the entire company put on NBC suits and run a few laps.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
​​​​​​A friend told me that when he was in army training of anyone farted on parade or standing to attention they'd make the entire company put on NBC suits and run a few laps.
Damn, that's a lot of laps
Old Apr 20th 2022, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

In Vancouver (Canada), we'd used to be able to pick the East Coasters as those who walked up the escalators. ;-)
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'm learning.
In Canberra it's stand on the left and walk on the right (or so my granddaughters tell me when I did it the Underground way). Of course if you are heading for the Tube, definitely stand right walk left (oh and dont fart)

Old Apr 21st 2022, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Walking on the escalators cause more wear & tear than anything else.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 1:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I don't care where you stand, so long as you aren't blocking the escalator for those who want to walk!

I have got quite adept at moving from side to side around Americans who seem averse to walking on escalators, and who feel the need to hang on to the handrail like grim death. To emphasize the contrast, I choose to walk and dodge other riders while holding my coffee/ drink/ bag in one hand with my other hand in my pocket.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 21st 2022 at 1:41 pm.