Enoughs,enough!

Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:32 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Enoughs,enough!

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get sun cream off a soft leather suite ? My blue leather sofa is covered in the bloody stuff thanks to our guests that are staying with us Im slowly losing patience we set down some boundries when they first arrived but they just seem to be disregarding what we said,last thing i want is to be seen as is moaning faced bag but this is our home
Can they not respect the fact that it someones home they are living in & not a hotel? little insight into our week so far is sh!tty nappies being left on a bedroom window sill cooking in 30degree heat hubby & i freaked

We're both going about at the moment biting our lip,we have spoke up but it seems to be falling on deaf ears,anyone got any ideas how im gony cope with another 2weeks of this? last thing i want is a horrible atmosphere between us all.

Donna.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Enoughs,enough!

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get sun cream off a soft leather suite ? My blue leather sofa is covered in the bloody stuff thanks to our guests that are staying with us Im slowly losing patience we set down some boundries when they first arrived but they just seem to be disregarding what we said,last thing i want is to be seen as is moaning faced bag but this is our home
Can they not respect the fact that it someones home they are living in & not a hotel? little insight into our week so far is sh!tty nappies being left on a bedroom window sill cooking in 30degree heat hubby & i freaked

We're both going about at the moment biting our lip,we have spoke up but it seems to be falling on deaf ears,anyone got any ideas how im gony cope with another 2weeks of this? last thing i want is a horrible atmosphere between us all.

Donna.

Donna,

Have you tried just warm soapy water to get the suncream off??

As far as your guests go, I would just sit them down and talk to them. If they dont like it, then buggar them....as you say its your home. I must admit its horrible when things like this happen. Hope you can sort something out!!

Hels
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:44 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Donna.
Have you thought about visiting them in the UK in the Summer and taking a dump on one of their windows sills?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:52 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of warm water and keep wiping the area to lift the oil.

I would suggest you get some old bed sheet and put that down on the sofa to protect it further.

Sounds like your guests dont give a toss, I would ask your husband to have a word in his friends ear.

Good Luck

Hi Folks,

Donna.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:56 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rapitts
Lots of warm water and keep wiping the area to lift the oil.

I would suggest you get some old bed sheet and put that down on the sofa to protect it further.

Sounds like your guests dont give a toss, I would ask your husband to have a word in his friends ear.

Good Luck

thanks folks for the replies, this is going to be a very long three weeks

Malcolm, had a word, so we will see if that has any effect!!.

Donna
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:56 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Get a hose.
Wait for them to come through the door.
Then give it to them full blast.
They should get the message.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think water is a very good idea if the sofa is soft leather (I presume you mean suede?). In general leather & water dont mix (particularly suede), if its plain leather best off to try a saddle soap which is specifically designed to clean leather, if its suede Id be calling a professional cleaning company & giving them the bill, cos suede can be ruined so easily.

Good luck with them Donna.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

thanks folks for the replies, this is going to be a very long three weeks

Malcolm, had a word, so we will see if that has any effect!!.

Donna

I think you & Malky should start walking about the house naked Donna.

See if you can embarrass them into leaving.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Someone beat me to it, Warm soapy water does the trick................. "throw a bloody bucket of warm soapy water over your visitors".
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:50 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe a few strategically placed Huntsmen might cure the problem
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get sun cream off a soft leather suite Donna.
Have you tested it for DNA, maybe its not sun cream
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:56 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I always used to find that getting our kids to say something really loudly used to make adults listen.......... like were not allowed to sit on the sofa without havin a shower first. And Muuuummmm are we allowed to leave stuff lying around now!!!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 4:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just stand in the room where the crime was committed and shout (making sure they are close enough to hear) who the hell did ***, for god's sake, was it you (name a child you have already warned) and see what happens You might have to bribe the child but hey, if it works
Old Jan 6th 2006, 5:46 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I swear by Saddle Soap for my leather sofa!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:07 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Donna.
My son and pal sat on my soft blue leather sofas covered in 30+
I used warm water, washing up liquid and a flannel and just wiped and wiped but very gently and it all came off.
Good Luck with the visitors, if I remember right you hardly know them do you? rather you than me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.