English newspapers

Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:20 pm
Banned

MrWoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English newspapers

Originally Posted by Carbery
All UK titles are available from any decent newsagent (like me) only a few days late, the Daily Mail prints an edition in Australia every day and is widely available. Weekly editions of the Express, Telegraph, Times, Guardian are popular. Added to this are the Spectator and all weekly current affairs magazines, most popular weekly and monthly mags as well.
Cheers, thats the answer I was looking for.

Are the dailys available off the shelf or do they normally have to be ordered/subscribed to?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:09 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrWoo
Cheers, thats the answer I was looking for.

Are the dailys available off the shelf or do they normally have to be ordered/subscribed to?

The dailies probably would have to be ordered - if your local newsagent tells you its not possible thats him being lazy! I can PM you the distributors name if you like. Most of the weekly papers are generally available, we stock the weekly Express,Telegraph, Times & Guardian plus British Football week which is a good read if you are that way inclined.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by slipshot
Come to Melbourne and read the Herald Sun - it's like the Sun, and Mail combined.

But with no tits on page 3.

Well, no real ones. Lot's of other people masquerading as tits, but not breasts.
why isn't there any tits in the aussie papers then?
i'm sure they used to have it
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe that is why they are popular with migrants to Australia
Absolutely.....never a truer word said in jest ...for some, naturally.
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
....and a few on this forum
Possibly .....

Seems to me that when it comes to the question of the 'thick' and 'uneducated' people, it draws no lines between migration or repatriation.

The biggest issue for Australia is that it does tend to pick them - or attract them. Thank God that not every Australian - nor Briton, nor migrant - is as thick or uneducated. The biggest problem lies with the lower-middle classes in my opinion - a most problematic slice of the population. The first to think they are better than the mass of the uneducated - and the most tedious, and limited. Australia picks 'em in thousands..
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
You must mean comics as the Sun and Mirror are written for people with a reading age of 10. Plenty of pictures to keep the 20% of functionally illiterate people in the UK happy.

Get so fed up with people like you ( ive got a degree bla bla bla !)

Im allowed to belittle people !

stuck up your own arses more like!

Old May 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
why isn't there any tits in the aussie papers then?
i'm sure they used to have it
There was an article on the royal family in the SMH the other day - does that count?