Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Email address changes

Wikiposts

Email address changes

Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Email address changes

Hi everyone, sure someone can help. My account is set up with my UK ISP which for obvious reasons is going to be defunct shortly! I have now got a web based email addy which i will be able to use in Oz but how do i go about changing my account on here please?? thought may as well do it NOW whilst im killing time
Thanks in anticipation
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:58 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Email address changes

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi everyone, sure someone can help. My account is set up with my UK ISP which for obvious reasons is going to be defunct shortly! I have now got a web based email addy which i will be able to use in Oz but how do i go about changing my account on here please?? thought may as well do it NOW whilst im killing time
Thanks in anticipation
Don't you just go into "My Profile" & change it.

Down the side it will say "Edit Profile"
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't you just go into "My Profile" & change it.

Down the side it will say "Edit Profile"

oops sorry - i found it - guess i was looking to make it more difficult than it is Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:02 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

oops sorry - i found it - guess i was looking to make it more difficult than it is Thanks
Well done.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:03 am
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

Bordy beat me to the reply as I was elsewhere
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:04 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
Bordy beat me to the reply as I was elsewhere
My Mrs is always saying I'm far to quick.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok and whilst i have the attention of clever people - I want to add my googlemail account to outlook so that it downloads mail from google into outlook (does that make sense??) How do i find out what the POP settings etc are that Out look asks me to fill in the boxes??
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Holy moses - i done it!!!!!!!!!!! the gals a genius
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:28 am
The Godfather

Good onya. I bow to your superior knowledge.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:28 am
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

so, are you going to pass on the information?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
so, are you going to pass on the information?

someone asking me for IT advice - now THAT is a first
Ok i went to Gmail homepage, click on HELP (seemed most logical place to start)
Then in the help search box i typed in POP settings which took me to a page where you select your outlook version etc etc
Hang on prob just easier to write settings down LOL

Incominng server is pop.gmail.com
outgoing is smtp.gmail.com

On outgoing server tab:
enable the 'my smtp requires authentication
enable the 'use same settings as incoming mail server

On advance tab:
incoming server(POP3) set to 995
SSL - enabled
smtp set to 465 or 25 (mne was already at 25)
enable requires SSL
server time out - change ot 5 mins
leave message on server - disabled

DOes any of that make sense??
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

someone asking me for IT advice - now THAT is a first
Ok i went to Gmail homepage, click on HELP (seemed most logical place to start)
Then in the help search box i typed in POP settings which took me to a page where you select your outlook version etc etc
Hang on prob just easier to write settings down LOL

Incominng server is pop.gmail.com
outgoing is smtp.gmail.com

On outgoing server tab:
enable the 'my smtp requires authentication
enable the 'use same settings as incoming mail server

On advance tab:
incoming server(POP3) set to 995
SSL - enabled
smtp set to 465 or 25 (mne was already at 25)
enable requires SSL
server time out - change ot 5 mins
leave message on server - disabled

DOes any of that make sense??
and you struggled resetting BE email ?? pmsl
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
and you struggled resetting BE email ?? pmsl
defies the laws of logic hey
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

defies the laws of logic hey
LOL i for one am impressed !!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
LOL i for one am impressed !!!
Pah! it was nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.