Wikiposts

Elsternwick

Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:28 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Elsternwick

What is Elsternwick like?

We looked at 2 rentals in Malvern today $680 and $700 per week. A friend has bought a house in Elsternwick and claims it a good area to rent in. How does this area compare? Is it also nice and leafy?

Our house requirements are slightly higher because we have to accomodate my wifes parents and I work from home alot so need a proper office (not a boxy study room).

Kiwi
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Elsternwick

Originally Posted by thebears
What is Elsternwick like?

We looked at 2 rentals in Malvern today $680 and $700 per week. A friend has bought a house in Elsternwick and claims it a good area to rent in. How does this area compare? Is it also nice and leafy?

Our house requirements are slightly higher because we have to accomodate my wifes parents and I work from home alot so need a proper office (not a boxy study room).

Kiwi
Hello

We live in Elsternwick, and really love it.
Residential roads are very leafy and pleasant.

The main shopping area is along Glen Huntly Road...where you will find everything you need - wide range of shops/library etc........including lots of great cafes. Really buzzy road.

There are buses and trams running along GH Rd through St Kilda and onto the CBD.

Rentals are not very cheap...but a damn sight cheaper than Elwood and StK - get more for your money.

If you want to know any more...then give me a shout.

Cas
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:56 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We're renting just down the road in Elwood and think Elsternwick is great for shopping and travelling into the city.
If you can find a house you like in the area and for a rent you can cope with, I would say go for it.

Sass
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:01 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hello

We live in Elsternwick, and really love it.
Residential roads are very leafy and pleasant.

The main shopping area is along Glen Huntly Road...where you will find everything you need - wide range of shops/library etc........including lots of great cafes. Really buzzy road.

There are buses and trams running along GH Rd through St Kilda and onto the CBD.

Rentals are not very cheap...but a damn sight cheaper than Elwood and StK - get more for your money.

If you want to know any more...then give me a shout.

Cas
Thanks Cas

Where off to visit Chadstone tommorrow (to tire out the 2 year old and look for a new TV

Are you guys near Prentice Street?

Shane, Elaine and Chloe (the boss)
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:13 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cas

Where off to visit Chadstone tommorrow (to tire out the 2 year old and look for a new TV

Are you guys near Prentice Street?

Shane, Elaine and Chloe (the boss)
10 blocks south in Clarence Street....a 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:40 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
10 blocks south in Clarence Street....a 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive
I was just about to say that
Old Apr 29th 2006, 10:10 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I was just about to say that
Prentice street is where my mate bought a house. We are going over to visit in a few weeks.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:41 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Prentice street is where my mate bought a house. We are going over to visit in a few weeks.
Very nice area between Glen Eira and Glenhuntley roads. You'll be near Kooyong road which takes you straight to Toorak, and the Princes Highway/Dandenong Road is only a couple of minutes away. Lots of good cafes/restaurants in the area, especially Cafe Vatza in Glenhuntley Road, Elsternwick, and a bit further up on the corner of Kooyong and Glenhuntley there is an excellent cafe/restaurant called something like Vennine....I can't remember the name but I'll find out tomorrow. And of course, the beach is a couple of minutes drive away