Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Electricty and Utility prices... Useful info for 2010

Wikiposts

Electricty and Utility prices... Useful info for 2010

Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electricty and Utility prices... Useful info for 2010

Just got my first bill of the year from Victoria Electricity, I pay close attention to my Kwh price, so I was very surprised to note it had gone up by 20 pct from 16.2 cents per Kwh to 20.5 cents per Kwh. I phoned them up expecting it to be a mistake, whereupon they told me they increase their prices every year on Jan 1st.

So I phoned Goswitch, which is a company that compares utility prices. I immediately got offered a price of 18.2 cents per kwh with Red Electricity, plus a cheaper supply charge plus a discount of 10pct if I pay my bill within 7 days of receiving the bill.

I actually use dual fuel and they were also 2cents per unit cheaper on the gas as well...(around 12 pct) . so check your bills especially if your on discount rates as you will possibly find that your supplier has quietly bumped up the charges. The supply charges with Red are cheaper as well.

So if anyone is interested in the above, please check your unit prices and let me know if you can get any cheaper that 18.2 cents per kwh with a 10 pct discount for paying ontime on the Electricity and 12.5 cents per Mj on the Gas. Supply charge for the electricity is 19.45 per month... and the Gas 12.50.

BTW with some companies like Victoria Electricty all one has to do is mention you have a better offer and they will match the price if they can confirm it. The above prices are non contract prices.

Definitely check your bills if you were on discounted rates... and please let me know if you can get cheaper and who your supplier is.... I want to run it past Victoria Electricity...even If I am in a different locale.

20 pct savings are not to be sneezed at !!! I' reckon I've saved myself 600 bucks on this years utility prices assuming I would have paid at least 250 bucks per month for both utilities before today.