Election

Old May 19th 2019, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I hadn't realised just how 'narrow' a group women are. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been sometime since it was pointed out to me just how much a mans world it is, outside of Coalition politics of course where women who don't know their place tend to wise up pretty quickly.
Neither did I. However an aged, indigenous, tree hugging, woman is a pretty small cross section of society. I am sure you agree with that.
Old May 19th 2019, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Neither did I. However an aged, indigenous, tree hugging, woman is a pretty small cross section of society. I am sure you agree with that.
Certainly compared with a fear mongering, envy inducing , fork tongued, smirking, pheasant bashing, member of the coalition Party granted.
Old May 19th 2019, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

It would be foolish for the LNP to ignore the public mood moving forward (like Abbott did). I think you will see some clear air for Morrison moving forward in which he may seek such items. They already have climate targets in place, targets that balance cost of dealing with environmental issues. They could look to have another crack on climate, again balancing targets with costs. They witnessed how the voters voted against a "pie in the sky" climate agenda with no economic balance such as the one the Labor party put forward.

You and Penny Wong call it fear. I call it being sensible. Most of the Labor policy was based on hopes and dreams rather than sensible rational on how to get there. And when it didn't make sense they just rolled out the "take from the top end of town" which really meant "take from the middle class and above". When you isolate and punish so many it's always going to end in tears.

Thankfully the voting public saw sense.
Well no it was not based on any detectable policy. It was purely fear. Morrison done an Abbott , remaining a small target and kept ramming home a single issue. The actual policy will be released later, just how much will be a rehash of the 2014 austerity plan we will see. Same as the direction he decides to take in allowing the right influence over policy, or a return to a more sensible centre. Time will tell.
Old May 19th 2019, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly compared with a fear mongering, envy inducing , fork tongued, smirking, pheasant bashing, member of the coalition Party granted.
You are referring to Labor right?

Especially on the topics of fest mongering (Mediscare) and envy inducing (class, age, religion warfare at its best).

What's even better, massive swings in western Sydney seats towards the Coalition. You know, those poor, brown migrant people who want to leave Sydney because they can't afford to live there. More fool you.
Old May 19th 2019, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well no it was not based on any detectable policy. It was purely fear. Morrison done an Abbott , remaining a small target and kept ramming home a single issue. The actual policy will be released later, just how much will be a rehash of the 2014 austerity plan we will see. Same as the direction he decides to take in allowing the right influence over policy, or a return to a more sensible centre. Time will tell.
Mediscare is fear mongering. So is claiming future austerity.

Slamming a backward tax plan is common sense.
Old May 19th 2019, 10:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite correct of course. Hard times coming if you are a minimum wage earner, woman, refugee, wanting an environment /energy / climate change policy, for aged care, indigenous Australia, to name but a few.
Morrison will be the one picking up the baton from Abbott to further their neo lib agenda . Prepare for a retake of 2014 .
That's quite a narrow group. We are talking a couple of 1000 people who fit that description.

Thank goodness we got a government who addresses the many and not a couple of 1000 people.
I can't decide if you're attempting to be funny or clever or are simply idiotic.
Old May 19th 2019, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I can't decide if you're attempting to be funny or clever or are simply idiotic.
Don't over think it.

Meanwhile in Tasmania

Old May 19th 2019, 1:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
I wish I could say I was surprised by this outcome, but I tend to throw an additional 5% 'hidden idiot tax' onto every poll now - if you aren't ahead by that much, the idiots will probably win the day.

The problem is that the problems are nuanced, complex, and multifaceted. And the majority of voters aren't. You can see by the marketing of the major parties - they sell simple three word slogans because they know the majority of voters will only pick up on that level of discourse. People don't vote for policies, or people, or even parties - they vote for the mental ghost they have of what they think the situation is, warped via the media. So even though the current shower have demonstrably had the economic chops of kleptomaniac 5 year old - the model they have in their head is of 'strong economic managers, and tax and spend labor'. They really are living in a fantasy world, ignoring the real one - which is how democracy ends.

We had a particular example of this at work, an intelligent individual, totally capable of critical thinking, but convinced of the superiority of the coalition. Pointing out that they had doubled the debt was met with incredulity, or that renewables were the only thing that would bring down power bills. The cognitive dissonance when you showed him the data was so palpable that you could cut it with a knife - he'd bought into the fantasy world, yet the data showed the opposite. His reaction? To throw up his hands and effectively ignore the data. And this was someone who deals with data every day and was well mentally capable of seeing the truth.

Ahh well, the only bright spot is the libs were counting on labor to win, so they could pin the upcoming sh*tshow in the economy on them. Now that excuse is unavailable - and they will have to try and spin it. On the negative side, they will need the other half of the pre-election giveaway, the bit where taxes have to rise and spending fall to not have the budget totally out of whack. People will be hurt, and the country will likely go into recession.
What you are basically saying is that us deplorables didn't follow the political elite's script

The political class live in an echo chamber - but fortunately for our country, the majority don't

The (real) people have spoken
Old May 19th 2019, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care much for Barnaby Joyce but he is correct that the GetUp people are incredibly stupid.

Zali Steggall already said she is going to support the Coalition on most things - in that Division, she pretty much has to if she keeps her seat in 2022 - I wonder how the GetUp people will feel when that starts happening and she starts begging ScoMo for photo ops in Warringah? Do they even realise Steggall is not an activist like they are?

They spent all that manpower, money and time to replace one Coalition vote in Parliament with another and she may end up being Kerryn Phelps in 2022 anyways. Should have just left Abbott alone and used him as an eternal boogeyman to fundraise off of and rally supporters, and targeted those resources at marginal seats. Could have made the difference in 2 or 3 and resulted in a hung parliament, and who knows what can happen when the deal-making kicks off like in 2010.

They have much more anger than brains, like many of the posters in TIO.
Old May 19th 2019, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't over think it.

Meanwhile in Tasmania

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulineHa...32398836518912
As you say, don't overthink it. Hanson has a lot of ill feeling from a number of quarters towards her. Jumping the gun her blaming a particular side.
Old May 20th 2019, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Rather obviously in my case none of the above just stating fact. I can't speak for the other fellow though but a suspect he's coming from a stance of expressing some light comic relief. But I agree with that poster, best not to over think it.
Old May 20th 2019, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mediscare is fear mongering. So is claiming future austerity.

Slamming a backward tax plan is common sense.
So the attacks to date on the welfare state are not good enough examples of austerity already imposed? No claim already happening with the probability of far worse in store. Tax cuts come from the reduction of spending in other areas. Thankfully The Senate prevented the harshest of the measures.
We had every reason to fear for Medicare as government contributions matched less costs. Out of pocket increases of many serious illness in Australia can and does seriously impact on the ability of people to be able to afford such a cost .
Old May 20th 2019, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What you are basically saying is that us deplorables didn't follow the political elite's script

The political class live in an echo chamber - but fortunately for our country, the majority don't

The (real) people have spoken
As stated influenced by fear and certainly following a script. I mean who would vote for a party that refused to give out a policy? A party that remained a small target and purely went into attack mode.
Old May 20th 2019, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As stated influenced by fear and certainly following a script. I mean who would vote for a party that refused to give out a policy? A party that remained a small target and purely went into attack mode.
Hold on. A government who has been in government for 6 years who has been rolling out and implementing policy for 6 years suddenly needs to roll out a new set of dramatic changes because an election is coming? Really? No. In fact a government who has been implementing policy then suddenly has to roll out a bunch of new policies looks pretty stupid and desperate.
Old May 20th 2019, 1:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

An election won by the deplorables

The trend in the West continues

The times the are a changin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.