Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Eccentricity vs Just Plain Nuts

Wikiposts

Eccentricity vs Just Plain Nuts

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:40 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eccentricity vs Just Plain Nuts

Are British born people more eccentric than most? The term "mad pom" springs to mind. And anyway, where do you draw the line between eccentric and just plain nuts?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eccentricity vs Just Plain Nuts

Originally Posted by brissybee
...and just plain nuts?
What about dry roasted?

This woman is clearly nuts...

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:43 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG poor cat!

Up here there are plenty of mildly excentric people and some highly excentric people and it's nothing to do with their place of birth imo. I think they're up here because it's more accepting here of 'oddities'.
I have come across 'crazy' up here too and at first it passes for sane until you really get to know the person. Crazy people can't hide it for long.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What about the Danish?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/co...-1225909270286
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:31 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
What about dry roasted?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iGdrn2YTPpU
Evil fat ugly bitch, shame she didnt get in there herself.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:32 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Evil fat ugly bitch, shame she didnt get in there herself.
She's on Facebook and Youtube and it hit local news stories. It's turning into a massive witch hunt! I bet she's gone to ground!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:45 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
She's on Facebook and Youtube and it hit local news stories. It's turning into a massive witch hunt! I bet she's gone to ground!
Some of the replies in the Herald Sun for Australia say 'who cares, its only a cat'

Now whilst I can understand anyone not liking animals, I think it is totally abnormal to hurt them. I watched the RSPCA program last night about the sick bastards that taped up a cat with duct tape and set it alight.

I am wondering if their parents knew (if they were teens) and if their parents would stand by them and not tell the police. There is a definite link between animal cruelty and human cruelty and if I had a kid that did that to a cat, I would have him sectioned under the mental health act so fast his arse would be on fire.

I simply could not put up with ANYONE I knew who could do that to an animal.

I like the way the sun described her as 'tubby' and now the comments of 'old grey haired fat lady' are flying in - I am sure someone will know her.

We have a few guys at work that hate cats and I could imagine from their comments, would readily hurt one.

But what kind of person purposely does that? I know, a sick one.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:52 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the replies in the Herald Sun for Australia say 'who cares, its only a cat'

Now whilst I can understand anyone not liking animals, I think it is totally abnormal to hurt them. I watched the RSPCA program last night about the sick bastards that taped up a cat with duct tape and set it alight.

I am wondering if their parents knew (if they were teens) and if their parents would stand by them and not tell the police. There is a definite link between animal cruelty and human cruelty and if I had a kid that did that to a cat, I would have him sectioned under the mental health act so fast his arse would be on fire.

I simply could not put up with ANYONE I knew who could do that to an animal.

I like the way the sun described her as 'tubby' and now the comments of 'old grey haired fat lady' are flying in - I am sure someone will know her.

We have a few guys at work that hate cats and I could imagine from their comments, would readily hurt one.

But what kind of person purposely does that? I know, a sick one.
My hatred of cats is entirely irrational (now why didn't I think of that for the other thread???) but I would never hurt one, or any other animal. To make up for it we think our dog is actually a cat/dog cross....but that's another story.

Early day cruelty to animals is often where cruelty to humans begins.

Eccentric or nuts? Nutters seldom look guilty; an eccentric will normally give the game away at some point.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:04 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

What about dry roasted?

Oh my God, this is so evil. How did someone capture this on video? If it's not some sick joke, I hope she gets her come uppance. Yes, this one is nuts. If she had stopped and shared fish and chips with the cat she would have been eccentric.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:13 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Calm down, calm down - the cat is fine, fifteen hours of confinement misery - no worse than a flight home for me.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Oh my God, this is so evil. How did someone capture this on video? If it's not some sick joke, I hope she gets her come uppance. Yes, this one is nuts. If she had stopped and shared fish and chips with the cat she would have been eccentric.
But you've got to admit, you did wonder if the kids would fit in there too.

Or is that just me

JTL
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:20 pm
Not actually a squirrel

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Or is that just me

JTL
Nooooooooooooooo
I think it's you
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Or is that just me

JTL
You have just reminded me of something, when I worked as a vet nurse in London, we would often have parties and outside the surgery we had one of those giant wheely bins - you know the big ones that can fit about 5 people in them.

Well we all got pissed, climbed in the bin - it was empty and our friends pushed us down the road, my god it was funny.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:36 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

What about dry roasted?

Renth, where did you dig that up from? is it legit? did the cat get out?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

You have just reminded me of something, when I worked as a vet nurse in London, we would often have parties and outside the surgery we had one of those giant wheely bins - you know the big ones that can fit about 5 people in them.

Well we all got pissed, climbed in the bin - it was empty and our friends pushed us down the road, my god it was funny.

Most people just photocopy their arse when their pissed at work.

Now if you'd had a photocopier in the bin....

JTL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.