British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Ebola at the Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/ebola-gold-coast-842888/)

moneypenny20 Sep 11th 2014 9:33 am

Re: Ebola at the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 11400745)
Are they headlining The Big Day Out?

Wasn't that cancelled?

DeadVim Sep 11th 2014 10:56 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11400810)
Wasn't that cancelled?

If you're in Africa particularly so.

Beoz Sep 12th 2014 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 11400363)

Can't post a link from iPad.

Yeah but Apple are the worlds greatest marketers.

Pollyana Oct 28th 2014 7:25 pm

Sierra Leone has condemned Australia's decision to suspend entry visas for people from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa as "counterproductive" and "discriminatory".

The move has also been criticised by Amnesty International.

The Australian government announced on Monday that it was cancelling non-permanent or temporary visas held by people from the affected countries who were not yet travelling, and that new visa applications would not be processed.

Permanent visa holders yet to arrive in Australia must undergo a 21-day quarantine process before departure.

Immigration Minister Scott Morrison told parliament: "The government's systems and processes are working to protect Australians."

But Sierra Leone's Information Minister Alpha Kanu described the move as "too draconian", insisting that measures put in place at Sierra Leone's Freetown airport had successfully prevented anyone flying out of the country with Ebola.

"It is discriminatory in that... it is not [going] after Ebola but rather it is... [going] against the 24 million citizens of Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. Certainly, it is not the right way to go," he told Reuters news agency. "This measure by the Australian government is absolutely counterproductive."

=================================

Sensible idea or a knee-jerk panic reaction?:eek:

quoll Oct 28th 2014 7:45 pm

Sensible! Who gives a toss what Sierra Leone's minister has to say. No doubt he will be standing there with his little paws outstretched wanting Aussie aid.

Beoz Oct 28th 2014 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 11454107)
Sensible! Who gives a toss what Sierra Leone's minister has to say. No doubt he will be standing there with his little paws outstretched wanting Aussie aid.

Exactly. Is foreign fruit offended it can't enter Australia?

Molly Coddle Oct 28th 2014 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 11454107)

We'll said!

Common sense must be used in such circumstances and sod those who don't like it!

Tr1boy Oct 29th 2014 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 11400363)
...a patient has been admitted to the Gold Coast hospital suspected to be suffering from Ebola....he has just returned from the Congo.

Diseases can travel quickly in this day and age

Can't post a link from iPad.

Hijack alert: why can't you post a link from your iPad? I have an iPad Mini and post links all the time, are they different?

Grayling Oct 29th 2014 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 11454700)
Hijack alert: why can't you post a link from your iPad? I have an iPad Mini and post links all the time, are they different?

Because I don't know how to do it and can't be arsed to learn:lol:

Tr1boy Oct 29th 2014 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 11454705)
Because I don't know how to do it and can't be arsed to learn:lol:

PM sent :p

Grayling Oct 29th 2014 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 11454710)
PM sent :p

Thanks for that

I will give it a go:thumbup: