Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ebay problems - any ideasfolks ?

Wikiposts

Ebay problems - any ideasfolks ?

Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ebay problems - any ideasfolks ?

I was selling 4 items this afternoon on Ebay. One sold well but the other 3 were affected by technical issues that ebay experienced. As such it was impossible for anyone to bid on these 3 items. I'm therefore stuck with winning bids that are very low - e.g. we had over 60 people watching one of the items, but no bids in the last 45 mins.

Ebay are absolutely useless - 30 mins to get onto online Chat, who then terminated the conversation.

The next guy was ok but can only say that Management will contact me in 3 days.

Neither knew that ebay has an Outage Policy.

The problem is that the winning bidders have already been in touch wanting to collect the items. Has anyone had a similar problem ? Any ideas as to what I can do ?

Cheers
Haggis
Old Jun 6th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Default Re: Ebay problems - any ideasfolks ?

yeh had a few problems like this you will just have to bare with them i no there not that great and they do take ages but you also need to inform the buyers of what is happening so they dont get mad and report you or leave bad feedback if you explain im sure they will understand good luck
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by haggis supper
but no bids in the last 45 mins.
Any ideas as to what I can do ?
Possibly very little...
When outages occur that are at least one hour in duration, eBay offers this Outage Policy to compensate for member inconvenience.

Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:03 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Tell the buyers that you "dropped it" and its bust and you are willing to send the bust one if they want it.