Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

DVD player in car for kids

Wikiposts

DVD player in car for kids

Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default DVD player in car for kids

What is a reasonably cheap one but that works well?

Have two toddlers so they'll each need a screen.

Am thinking of buying on ebay so then at least it will be over 1yr old and won't be problem with customs.

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD player in car for kids

Originally Posted by Luma

Am thinking of buying on ebay so then at least it will be over 1yr old and won't be problem with customs.

Thanks
I have been thinking the same. So will keep an eye on this thread!!! Hopefully we won't be bidding on the same one
Lynne x
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:19 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
No doubt, one of the greatest inventions of the modern world!!! We have 2 little ones also (both under 4) and ours is just a singe screen which sits between the front seats and it works really well for us.

Gill
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
We got ours when we got here and it cost £500 (this was not the cheapest)with fiting and 1 pair of head phones, if you get roof mount one, 2 kids can use ! screen in the middle (on roof) and you have 2 pairs of infared hedphones, we got our from jb hi-fi, and if looking on the web for ones in aus remeber that you can barter in the shops for this kind of stuff we got around 15% knocked off
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:50 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

We've got a Goodmans twin screen system. Very good but the wiring is a nightmare - seems to be alot more complicated than it needs to be!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:52 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

I wanted to get one for the kids wife did not. we ended up getting a portable player, car charger and can be played through the car speakers, came with an extra screen. Think it was Argos, very cheap. plus you can bring it into the restaurant or where ever.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

One of the best things for travelling with kids ever. We drove across the States on our way to Aus. The kids had music in the mornings and a film in the afternoons. Fantastic. Ours was just a little portable that fitted on the console between the front seats. Both could see and hear fine.

Have also used it on flights and trains.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We've got one of these, it's great...

http://www.teac.com.au/product/6/248
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:58 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
We've got one of these, it's great...

http://www.teac.com.au/product/6/248

that looks great Renth, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Did you buy it in Perth?

Thanks, Tracey
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey brien
that looks great Renth, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Did you buy it in Perth?

Thanks, Tracey
It was about $700 from Retravision.

You can use it as a standalone DVD player at home too.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

.. is it 'multi zone' - I think it's the same as the SIL has, and it's only set for zone 4 - so if the kids favourite DVD is one from the UK, be prepared
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:41 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
.. is it 'multi zone' - I think it's the same as the SIL has, and it's only set for zone 4 - so if the kids favourite DVD is one from the UK, be prepared
First thing I always do with a new DVD is get the multizone hack off the web and apply it. Did it to the TEAC no problem.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We got ours from Dick Smiths Electrical (Tandy in UK). It has two 7" screens and also a games controller with 25 games. One can play games while the other watched the DVD. The only thing is it can only play 1 DVD at a time. There are more expensive ones out there that play 2 discs but as our's was only $398 we didn't grumble. It came with a storage/carry bag and all the straps to attach the screens to the headrests etc. It also has the hack code on the Dick Smith web site to make it multi region which came in handy.

We drove from Adelaide to Brisbane with them and I can say it was definately worth the money even if I never use it again.

Take care
Marie
x
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
First thing I always do with a new DVD is get the multizone hack off the web and apply it. Did it to the TEAC no problem.

Hi
Would u be able to give me the website u use to get the codes.
Thanks in advance
Paula
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi
Would u be able to give me the website u use to get the codes.
Thanks in advance
Paula
I generally go to Google and type in the DVD brand and model and the words "multiregion hack" that usually works.

I've only ever had one DVD player I wasn't able to get a hack for on line. I rang the importer and they rang me back with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.