Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are the drunken Irish really a nuisance ?

Are the drunken Irish really a nuisance ?

Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:43 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are the drunken Irish really a nuisance ?

Originally Posted by Zambia
Every time you post something its says a little bit about you. What do you think this tells me about you champ?
well let me see... champ

who the **** cares... champ

Sunshine if you're going to live in australia you better get used to jokes that poke, often very cruel, fun at minorities or those that are simply the butt of everyones need to stick it up em...

You're not irish are ya

Last edited by furbacchione; Aug 11th 2012 at 1:49 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
I asked him to clarify something which he did in the first 4 words there. Thats what spoke volumes to me.

You need to examine the whole exchange of posts
I don't need to do anything thanks. I've read the thread.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:47 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cresta57
I agree, In Australia we have those "fresh off the plane" type twats that go out & buy Aussie hats & sunnies & try & fit straight in:
Na... you look sober, a sure give away you're not from around here.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
A number of stories have appeared in the Irish media about the drunken antics of Irish youths who have moved in large numbers to Australia since the Celtic Tiger crashed.
<snip>
Are these isolated incidents or are the Irish a more significant nuisance than other immigrants ?
I can't think of many other Olympic medal winners whose relatives would be barred en masse from celebrating in local pubs, can you ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...y-3196651.html
Did you actually read it ?

Nevin was Ireland's first medal winner at the Olympics yet his relatives - who are all from Traveller/Gypsy stock were barred from watching the fight in his home town.
Confusing name but I doubt those who still strongly identify as a Traveller are generally the one's who travel to Australia

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 11th 2012 at 2:48 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:30 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

...so...?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Did you actually read it ?

Nevin was Ireland's first medal winner at the Olympics yet his relatives - who are all from Traveller/Gypsy stock were barred from watching the fight in his home town.
Yes, wny were they not served? It doesnt say in the article, hence its up to you to use your imagination. Until the facts are found, its just a sad story about an olympians family not getting served in a pub. What's your views on it? I'm guessing you have a view as you went to the bother of posting it.

Originally Posted by chris955
I was on your side until you came out with that nonsense
What part do you disagree with?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:40 am
Recession Surfing 2006 -&amp;gt;

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
well let me see... champ

who the **** cares... champ

Sunshine if you're going to live in australia you better get used to jokes that poke, often very cruel, fun at minorities or those that are simply the butt of everyones need to stick it up em...

You're not irish are ya
There was no joke there.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Three of them proposed marriage to my friend and I last night, they were definitely a nuisance!
And most definitely drunk
Old Aug 12th 2012, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
And most definitely drunk
As anyone who has ever met me will testify! People have to be drunk to come near me, never mind propose to me
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
...so...?

you asking me?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:37 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Is there? Never witnessed behaviour like that in decades of office jobs...
I was told by someone in the state office of a VERY large Australian company that I shouldn't have Australia Day off since I'm not an Australian. When I pointed out I was a citizen I was told "a piece of paper doesn't make you one".

To be fair I did laugh it off but someone got wind of it and before I knew it HR, everyone and their dog wanted me to put a written complaint in. I declined snce it would just make it worse and I was only a sub-contractor who would have been onto another project a month later.

What really surprised me this wasn't some building site and the bloke involved had never said boo to me before.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I was told by someone in the state office of a VERY large Australian company that I shouldn't have Australia Day off since I'm not an Australian. When I pointed out I was a citizen I was told "a piece of paper doesn't make you one".

To be fair I did laugh it off but someone got wind of it and before I knew it HR, everyone and their dog wanted me to put a written complaint in. I declined snce it would just make it worse and I was only a sub-contractor who would have been onto another project a month later.

What really surprised me this wasn't some building site and the bloke involved had never said boo to me before.
Sure, to clarify though I was responding to "There's a pretty high tolerance of that rubbish in oz." rather than "there are no knobs to be found in australia"

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 12th 2012 at 2:19 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Yes.
Quoting, and some context, does make conversation easier

I'm trying to decipher the OP's connection between their original post about Irish trouble in Australia and their next post about trouble for a family in Ireland. Stuff that could happen anywhere, and the connection with one random event and trouble in Australia and point of it all is a bit lost on me but maybe I'm dim.

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 12th 2012 at 2:21 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 2:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Sure, to clarify though I was responding to "There's a pretty high tolerance of that rubbish in oz." rather than "there are no knobs to be found in australia" .
There certainly is. We have one person in our office whose nasty racist comments (towards poms, Irish, Kiwis and Philippinos) have been reported more than once yet the bosses don't want to rock the boat by doing more than having "a quick word".
I also got my first taste of it fairly recently, being singled out for racist abuse via a widespread email from senior management. The excuse - from my similarly horrified manager? "that staff member is under a bit of pressure in his personal life" Bully for him, that describes most of us. That was in May, still waiting for the apology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.