Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Drug traffickers passport blunder

Drug traffickers passport blunder

Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:27 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Drug traffickers passport blunder

Almost 150 convicted drug traffickers are free to travel abroad because of a criminal justice system blunder, the BBC has learned. It has emerged that the Identity and Passport Service has failed to enforce the courts' overseas travel bans.

The mistake is a further embarrassment for the Home Office, said BBC political correspondent Robin Brant.

The government said the vast majority of the criminals handed such bans are still in jail. However the Home Office is trying to trace 15 who were released and may have gone abroad.
Beeb.

I can honestly say that this UK government is the most embarrassing, incompetent, self-serving, high-handed, corrupt and pathetic administration that I have experienced since the infamous days of Premier Brian Burke and WA Inc (see here and here).

Let's review the most prominent accomplishments of the UK Home Office during the past 12 months:

And those are only the ones we know about!

Can it possibly get any worse?
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:33 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drug traffickers passport blunder

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
[indent]

I can honestly say that this UK government is the most embarrassing, incompetent, self-serving, high-handed, corrupt and pathetic administration that I have experienced And those are only the ones we know about!
There is a line used fairly frequently on this board... its something like..

If you don't like it you know where the f%@*ing exit is.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

[indent]

Successive Australian governments have demonstrated that it can.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:50 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

He does, and like many of us on here, has no intention of staying in Britain.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Cheeky sod

You haven't met Helen Clarke then........lucky you
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Almost 150 convicted drug traffickers are free to travel abroad because of a criminal justice system blunder, the BBC has learned. It has emerged that the Identity and Passport Service has failed to enforce the courts' overseas travel bans.

The mistake is a further embarrassment for the Home Office, said BBC political correspondent Robin Brant.

The government said the vast majority of the criminals handed such bans are still in jail. However the Home Office is trying to trace 15 who were released and may have gone abroad.
Beeb.

I can honestly say that this UK government is the most embarrassing, incompetent, self-serving, high-handed, corrupt and pathetic administration that I have experienced since the infamous days of Premier Brian Burke and WA Inc (see here and here).

Let's review the most prominent accomplishments of the UK Home Office during the past 12 months:

And those are only the ones we know about!

Ignoring the usual pissing competition crap, i totally agree with you Vash, this is bloody atrocious, i cant believe that it keeps going!

One of my clients is a risk assessor for TB and he is frantic at the moment because as he says "worse case" hasnt happened yet but they are expecting more shocks!

This was always going to come out, he pissed so many people off when he rode into the HO (John Reid that is) that some people set out to try and teach him a lesson.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:00 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

With Gordon Brown zipping up and checking his tie in the wings I would have to say - "You ain't seen nuffin' yet!"

(With apologies to R Reagan)
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately so do the criminals, and they may have gone (with their passports!) to any place in the world!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Drug traffickers passport blunder

But I do like it. I just don't like the government. Which puts me in a very large majority of UK citizens.

And I'm leaving anyway, so sucks to you.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jan 27th 2007 at 11:06 am.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:04 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

good onya creature tell it like it is ,get out if you dont like it .
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:06 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

But I do like it. I just don't like the government.

Which puts me in a very large majority of UK citizens.

yea right ,any kind of factual claptrap you can drag up from googling is always used as a put down on the UK .The sooner you are out of there the better .
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:09 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Grayling
  • Name five

• List all their failings (with weblinks to specific cases, as I have done)

• Prove that they were worse than the Blair government

Oh, and you're not allowed to use the Burke administration, because I've already mentioned it.

Run along now, there's work to be done.

Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ignoring the usual pissing competition crap, i totally agree with you Vash, this is bloody atrocious, i cant believe that it keeps going!

One of my clients is a risk assessor for TB and he is frantic at the moment because as he says "worse case" hasnt happened yet but they are expecting more shocks!

This was always going to come out, he pissed so many people off when he rode into the HO (John Reid that is) that some people set out to try and teach him a lesson.
this is all just politics and shows how bloody useless the brit government is ,but the aussie government is as bad ,as is the yank .Its a world wide thing .This is just dragged out to drag the uk in general through the mud just to help all the wannabees come to the decision that none of this rubbish goes on in aussie etc.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:12 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by sassenach
yea right ,any kind of factual claptrap you can drag up from googling is always used as a put down on the UK .The sooner you are out of there the better .
"Factual claptrap" is an oxymoron.

But at least you admit that it's factual, which is more than I can say for some of the stuff posted about Australia by certain people.

Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:14 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by sassenach
this is all just politics and shows how bloody useless the brit government is ,but the aussie government is as bad ,as is the yank .Its a world wide thing .This is just dragged out to drag the uk in general through the mud just to help all the wannabees come to the decision that none of this rubbish goes on in aussie etc.
Bollocks! I specifically referred to WA Inc to show that it does go in in Australia! I've never claimed that it doesn't; I would never pretend that Australia doesn't have similar problems.

Now you're turning this into a UK vs Aus thing, which is ironically just what you claim to hate.

You really do have issues, don't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.