Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Drought/water restrictions what would you do?

Wikiposts

Drought/water restrictions what would you do?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:35 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drought/water restrictions what would you do?

In Canberra here we were told our water consumption is to high. Looking at all the front yards around the place they are all brown and dusty. Driving to work the other night I noticed all the government buildings had all their sprinklers on and half were watering the road.....

It seems to me that the general public is doing the right thing and the government is taking the piss.

And then there are the embassies here that have total exemption to water restrictions.

ZX.....
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
It seems to me that the general public is doing the right thing and the government is taking the piss.
But on the plus side, the government in Queensland is taking the piss and recycling it and in a few months we'll be drinking it.

I'm buying shares in Brita water filters!

JTL
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:04 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
But on the plus side, the government in Queensland is taking the piss and recycling it and in a few months we'll be drinking it.

I'm buying shares in Brita water filters!

JTL
What level water restrictions are you on up there?

We're on Level 3 with a storage of 35.6% - the percentage drops daily, and no rain has made a positive impact for months.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
What level water restrictions are you on up there?

We're on Level 3 with a storage of 35.6% - the percentage drops daily, and no rain has made a positive impact for months.
We are on Level 2 in the Redland Shire Council and our dams are 72% full. However our neighbour Brisbane City Council is on Level 4.

JTL
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
NSW to surrender Murray-Darling control to Commonwealth is the latest but will this be small step to late?

Also, has crossed my mind as the river starts in QLD I think, could QLD not just divert the whole river and ease the water shortage here?

Now that QLD has plenty water up above Townsville etc. instead of conservation straight away they are talking about giving more water licenses out to farmers. Could that water not be used else where instead?

What does everyone else suggest would stop the water shortages?
Share a shower with a sexy woman. Share a bath with a sexy woman. Err. No thats it. Very green of me ann. I love to do my bit.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:05 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
We are on Level 2 in the Redland Shire Council and our dams are 72% full. However our neighbour Brisbane City Council is on Level 4.

JTL
Think we are getting Sydney's left over’s tonight it is pissing it down here fairly heavy duty showers