British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Dropped The Price (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/dropped-price-524650/)

BethandAndrew Apr 1st 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Dropped The Price

Officially been on the market for 12 months now :thumbdown:
Knocked £40k off the original asking price......had a few viewers but no offers.
Can't afford to go any lower so praying it sells soon :blink:
Good luck to everyone still waiting to sell,
Beth x x :wub:

isgraham Apr 1st 2008 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Griff_500 (Post 6146115)
Morning Dave,

Thats kinda reverse gazumping.
Depends on the vendors needs as what to do about it. A game of poker and calling bluff. If the sale of the house you mention is "at the last minute" then by changing the price the buyer would need to have his mortgage offer amended and that could (right now) take a few weeks or at worse cause the lender to remove funding.
If I was the vendor I would not reduce as the longer the sale takes the more it is costing me and that kind of behavior is simply not Cricket.
Or, they could agree to a reduction that is actually paid as a cash back on completion. A simple couple of lines added to the contract. There is always more than one way round a sticky situation.

Good luck with the sale Dave.

Andy
ps. breaking news. First Direct have just effectively removed themselves from the mortgage market. :(

Buying property is a business and the only way you make money is by screwing the person you buy/sell from/to so I would happily reduce the offer in a buyers market and by the same token up the asking price in a sellers market. Cricket has nothing to do with it if you can't time your purchases and sales in time with the market or have no alternative plan then tough. I bet most people whinging about the fall in prices were more than happy with the rises over the last 10 years after they bought their property so if you enjoy the rise live with the falls.

steveandtina Apr 1st 2008 9:23 pm

You know what really pee's me off with selling this house is the estate agents! with the few viewing I have had I have to chase the agent for feedback.:curse:Whats so hard in calling me just to let me know how's it going?

The part of essex I live in my house is priced quite cheep but still no luck. Looks like we will be droping the price. :cry_smile:

Good luck everyone hope we all get sales soon.

Tina x:thumbsup:

Ozzidoc Apr 1st 2008 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by isgraham (Post 6146446)
Buying property is a business and the only way you make money is by screwing the person you buy/sell from/to so I would happily reduce the offer in a buyers market and by the same token up the asking price in a sellers market. Cricket has nothing to do with it if you can't time your purchases and sales in time with the market or have no alternative plan then tough. I bet most people whinging about the fall in prices were more than happy with the rises over the last 10 years after they bought their property so if you enjoy the rise live with the falls.

Agree.

eddie007 Apr 2nd 2008 12:12 am

same boat

dropped the price

no interst

changed agents

no interest

I am SO OVER house selling

7 months on the market, prime location, cheap price... what the hell is happening over there?

PaulandNic Apr 2nd 2008 12:30 am

We spent 7 hard years and a lot of money renovating (EVERYTHING new and all that was original was the bricks and floorboard joists!!) our old house in the UK only to have to sell for £30k under valuation as we HAD to get goin! ... :(

Wishing you the BEST of luck! ... I know how you feel!

jimmyd4006 Apr 2nd 2008 1:07 am

Originally Posted by kendalanita (Post 6115402)
We're in same boat, fly out on Saturday, having to leave house here on the market, great fun trying to find money to run two houses! What can you do? Will leave it on the market till late summer and if no joy will have to pull it off and put some tenants in as it's gonna cost more in rental out there than what I can get for my stunning house here in the lake district - no justice!

can you keep your house in UK , it sounds beautiful, and you have something to go back to if you don't like oz

TeresaG Apr 2nd 2008 2:35 am

I hope that it sells really soon. I am dreading the time when we have to sell our house. I think it is going to be a bit of a nightmare.

DEEDEE01 Apr 2nd 2008 6:24 am

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 6146394)
Officially been on the market for 12 months now :thumbdown:
Knocked £40k off the original asking price......had a few viewers but no offers.
Can't afford to go any lower so praying it sells soon :blink:
Good luck to everyone still waiting to sell,

Oh Beth, gotta luv ya !!

I would be pulling my eye lashes out if I were in your position but you seem to be holding up great. I really hope you get a buyer soon, you damn deserve it :wub: !!

Donna.

BethandAndrew Apr 2nd 2008 6:40 am

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6148920)
Oh Beth, gotta luv ya !!

I would be pulling my eye lashes out if I were in your position but you seem to be holding up great. I really hope you get a buyer soon, you damn deserve it :wub: !!

Donna.

Thanks hun.......it's certainly been a long year for us....LOL

seang Apr 2nd 2008 7:43 pm

Buyers market. Harsh reality is that no matter how "lovely" your house is all the potential buyer is looking at is getting the biggest discount. With the money saved they can make the house as "lovely" as they want. Not sure EA's can do that much. They cant force a person to buy. Think of it like this People get very aware of their cash when the market is in free fall. Its all about every pound they can save. When the market is rising they will spend anything just wanting to get on the ladder.

There was a poster on here, year ago I think they post on the NZ forum now, called wheelsofsteel see if you can find some of his posts - he knew his stuff big time about houses. You may find some info there to help

stuckinblighty Apr 2nd 2008 9:01 pm

We're still here..12 months on....

blar

blar

blar

BethandAndrew Apr 2nd 2008 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty (Post 6151737)
We're still here..12 months on....

blar

blar

blar

Ditto :thumbdown:

eddie007 Apr 3rd 2008 2:23 am

Least I'm already out here... if worse comes to worse we can forget it and rent it out.... would rather sell it, but hey ho!

egghead4 Apr 3rd 2008 9:28 am

hiya donna

we are really pi**ed off with everything that involves the house just like you. we have reduced and are thinking of reducing again in two weeks when the new EA puts the house back on the market. its so frustrating:curse:
I am sick to death of answering the same question every monday morning "any viewers, any luck over the weekend". i know that people are genuinley interested but I feel like telling them to f**k off;)
good luck
bec

DEEDEE01 Apr 4th 2008 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by egghead4 (Post 6155498)
hiya donna

we are really pi**ed off with everything that involves the house just like you. we have reduced and are thinking of reducing again in two weeks when the new EA puts the house back on the market. its so frustrating:curse:
I am sick to death of answering the same question every monday morning "any viewers, any luck over the weekend". i know that people are genuinley interested but I feel like telling them to f**k off;)
good luck
bec

Hiya Bec,

I really can understand your frustrations, I feel TOTALLY the same :curse:

I too am sick of hearing 'Since Your Property Has Been On The Market, 65 People Have Requested Details !' bla bla bla, stop quoting figures and do your job !!

Since my property has been on the market, I have had to ring the agent 4 TIMES to tell them that the details on the web are WRONG, and low and behold, our house is in the local paper this week with the new price and the details have gone back to the old ones

What the f**k do we pay these d**kh**ds for, 1.25% for the shear fun of it !! I could spend that money on getting my dog to Oz or paying my car off.

Arseholes !!

Hang in Becs, good luck to all those waiting (especially Beth !!) and those who have sold .

Donna.