Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dress sense and how important is it?

Dress sense and how important is it?

Old May 1st 2012, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dress sense and how important is it?

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Take a look at some of the people on here then.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/
I know, I've seen tham before, but when I went to the UK last November, the people of Tesco's (Trowbrige) gave them a pretty good run for their money.

There was one woman with badly dyed black hair and grey tramline, who was spherical, dressed in a top which covered nothing- her boobs were literally hanging out of the bottom, and she had pink leggings that were so tight, they were transparent and showed her minge. Teamed with ugg boots. She had her daughter with her, and she was dressed in a similar fashion.
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
They still haven't sent me my cheque for allowing them use my photo

That's not you in the flesh-coloured leggings on page 5? Snarf...

Seriously though, why oh why do some women wear flesh-coloured leggings and nothing over them? Do they think that looking naked from the waist down is good fashion sense?
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:01 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
The young girls up here where the belts as i call them and low cut tops too. My 14 year old son actually said to me mam that is not nice i dont want to see their bits while im eating my maccas. As they seem to congregate around the shopping center food court.
At work i always wear smart office gear, usually trousers or cropped trousers with a short or decorative vest top. If im not visiting clients or out at meetings then i wear cropped trousers and smart cool tops. If im at meetings ot at clients then i wear smarter clothes even if i am sweating loads.
I try not to judge people by their clothes but it annoys me when my office manger often turns us in a scruffy tshirt and jeans. My other collegues have commented on how smart i look in comparison to them. To me i just think im representing my company so despite the heat its got to be smart. Out of work its vest tops and shorts as its just too hot in Darwin for anything else. If i go out for drinks then i will put a dress or skirt and nice top.
I think i must be like you Sam i wont compromise on what i wear and feel certain occasions demand certain looks.
Mandy

And you're worried about what the girls are wearing!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is human nature to look at what people wear, I always study people on the bus/train etc and inwardly giggle at certain things - saw a man last year wearing orange hotpants and Doc Mart. boots, couldnt take my eyes off him.

I think also there is a time and place to wear what you want and you cant just wear exactly what you want in the workplace where a dress code is in place. Someone mentioned working in a mental hospital where a girl wore provocative clothes to work - is it her right or the right of her boss to tell her not to?

My workplace dress code is a suit - end of, we dont have casual Fridays, I just fit in with the dress code, where does it begin and end - is it a case of you can wear what you like - sexy/shabby or otherwise as long as you are comfortable or should your manager be able to state a basic smart dress code?

As for whatever people want to wear outside in their own personal life - up to them but as I said, it is human nature to comment. I saw someone at Farringdon station in London once, this guy in a lacey white bra and black leggings, knee high boots and nothing else - his right, his choice and my right to giggle. And no, I would not wear leggings with a lacey bra and bugger all else, he wanted to it was up to him.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:28 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

All of this does raise an issue in my mind.

I am typing this on an iPad, poolside at the Royal Beach hotel, Seminyak in Bali.

lots of young girls in very very brief bikinis. So my question is this:

Where does body end and sexual bits start. Some girls here are showing 90% of the boobs, others showing 90% of their arse. Nipples and assholes are covered, and so it is acceptable?

Same at the front, where some bikini bottoms are postage stamp sized.

So do we have some unwritten law on where breasts and genitalia stop and start?

Ps some girls here may as well be topless, as they are so flat chested. It's like two tin tacks on a wall.....

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 2nd 2012 at 5:25 am.
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I'm sure you're really suffering, doing your "research" there!
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:24 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
LOL I'm sure you're really suffering, doing your "research" there!
It's hell!

I am sure there is a PhD here somewhere.
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:28 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
It's hell!

I am sure there is a PhD here somewhere.
Maybe you can even get a cash grant for your studies
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I am typing this on an iPad, poolside at the Royal Beach hotel, Seminyak in Bali.

Where does body end and sexual bits start. Some girls here are showing 90% of the boobs, others showing 90% of their arse. Nipples and assholes are covered, and so it is acceptable?

Ps some girls here may as well be topless, as they are so flat chested. It's like two tin tacks on a wall.....
Just keep observing the evidence, but you may need to wear a special hat, flasher mac and leather gloves to go under cover.
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:40 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Just keep observing the evidence, but you may need to wear a special hat, flasher mac and leather gloves to go under cover.
I am trying to avert my eyes.

The flasher Mac sounds good. Is it the replacement for the iPerve?
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:54 am

I am trying to avert my eyes.

The flasher Mac sounds good. Is it the replacement for the iPerve?
You must do your bit for your Queen and Country, the men folk of BE are relying on you for quality control, so please stand erect and do your job Sir.

You should have yourself a camera and a score chart and then report to the perverts in the Lounge on the 'Daily Meat' thread that Uncle Eb has organised a while ago, that died a death and may need bringing back to life.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:43 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Heck, I start in plain clothes (for a few months) on Monday. Having been in uniform for 4 years I'm going to have to make decisions on what to wear every day! What a pain in the arse. Give me my uniform (including shorts) any day.

(I'm looking forward to it apart from the clothes though!)
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

A bikini that covers 10% of its wearers arse isnt THAT revealing... Not with bumfloss bikini bottoms and topless being an option... Obviously the girls are very modest .... I would be feeling hard done by if I were you mate....
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Heck, I start in plain clothes (for a few months) on Monday. Having been in uniform for 4 years I'm going to have to make decisions on what to wear every day! What a pain in the arse. Give me my uniform (including shorts) any day.

(I'm looking forward to it apart from the clothes though!)
Wish I had a uniform provided, one good thing about being a vet nurse was we had a uniform and it had to be cleaned, ironed and smart at the start of each day and oiur hair had to be tied up. Of course by the end of the day we were somewhat ruffled or pissed/shat upon by the animals but there was always a clean tunic/pants to change in to if we got that dirty - nowt like dog pee on your pants.

My friend is cabin crew for an airline and their hair must always be pinned up and they have to look smart for every shift.
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Wish I had a uniform provided, one good thing about being a vet nurse was we had a uniform and it had to be cleaned, ironed and smart at the start of each day and oiur hair had to be tied up. Of course by the end of the day we were somewhat ruffled or pissed/shat upon by the animals but there was always a clean tunic/pants to change in to if we got that dirty - nowt like dog pee on your pants.

My friend is cabin crew for an airline and their hair must always be pinned up and they have to look smart for every shift.
As a nurse I can tell you, you wouldnt give a flying **** whether my uniform has been ironed or not if you were wanting a 14 guage inserted during a resuss... Just whether i coukd do it or not... As for the hair... Tends to get a little out of place whilst doing Compressions...

Nurses aren't for show nowadays, we are there to do a job of work... I'm afraid that sister inspecting your fingernails at the start of a shift also went out with florence... Vet nurses? I dunno... But a "smart" "ironed" uniform is way down the list of important things about the nurse looking after you... Or your dog for that matter..

The reason I have crumpled scrubs on is probably because the pt before you just bled out all over me and they dont iron for theatres...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.