Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dont try this at home !

Dont try this at home !

Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:57 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont try this at home !

Mowing grass yesterday arvo, and a stone flicked up...

Needless to say, happened at 2pm.
Ins Company, got O'Briens to sort it..

They arrived 11pm !
Cost to us : $150 ( excess )

Cost to Ins: $984.00
Attached Thumbnails Dont try this at home !-broken_glass_ste.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont try this at home !

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

They arrived 11pm !

Look at the bloomin size of your backyard Timber! And you had to flick a stone up right by the window Sorry but it's sooo unlucky
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:06 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Wife was not impressed !!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:09 pm
Banned

Yep Glasgae Girl !!!
Attached Thumbnails Dont try this at home !-front_of_house_2.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:19 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Yep Glasgae Girl !!!
Oh my god, what a lovely house you have
how long does it take you to cut all that bloody grass?
bec
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:21 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Ouch!!!

Welcome to the club!!

I did that years ago.

Scary to think how fast "projectiles" come flying out.Good job no one was about.

We have now paved around the house
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

They arrived 11pm !

Thats bloody expensive.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by egghead4
Oh my god, what a lovely house you have
how long does it take you to cut all that bloody grass?
bec
With my TORO , about 4 days !!!
With Steve the Slasher Man about 7 hrs , but 300 bucks

Mowers been off the turf since boxing day, when i snapped the mower engagement cable thingymajig

So grass on back paddocks is about 3ft long.

Time to call Steve the Slasher man, but with all the rain, no point cos my grass grows 6 inches a day during this inclement weather

Ste
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tyke
Ouch!!!

Welcome to the club!!

I did that years ago.

Scary to think how fast "projectiles" come flying out.Good job no one was about.

Lot of sense in that !! Trouble is, im selling so dont wanna start paving.

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Thats bloody expensive.
Would be $500 bucks private, but cos its insurance it was $880

But cos they came out of 9am-5pm hours, they charge late call out fee pmsl.

Even though we foned them at 2:30pm
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:32 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tyke
Ouch!!!

Welcome to the club!!

I did that years ago.

I have not done it with a stone but when I lived in Bermuda I ran over a toad with the lawnmowe. It made one heck of a mess of our pink bungalow
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

devan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I have not done it with a stone but when I lived in Bermuda I ran over a toad with the lawnmowe. It made one heck of a mess of our pink bungalow
Hey only an idea but buy a goat
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Glasgae Girl !!!
you have the most beautiful view - gorgeous
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:43 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Glasgae Girl !!!
Shame about the window - but love the look of where you're living.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Streaks
you have the most beautiful view - gorgeous
Thanks

From my dunny in the en-suite i can look at the mountains.

Debs calls it a Room with a Phewwww

LOLOL

Speaking of Canetoads.

Was out playing Canetoad golf few yrs back, and whacked one with a 5 iron, hit a car over the rd, and set his alarm off

Me and 2 mates all in our late 30's then, ran like KIDS from the scene !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.