Reload this Page >

dont be a pool victim..

Wikiposts

dont be a pool victim..

Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:42 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dont be a pool victim..

i will stand corrected if i have done the wrong thing..

last season i got hit with close to 500 bucks for cleaning a green pool..they put shite in for a week,the green drops to the bottom and then they vacume it out,500 big ones..

but after i let it go again to my shame,green as..i used my new method...

4 litres of acid\good bit of clorine....pump on all nite,clear as a bell this morgan...
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dont be a pool victim..

Originally Posted by aston
i will stand corrected if i have done the wrong thing..

last season i got hit with close to 500 bucks for cleaning a green pool..they put shite in for a week,the green drops to the bottom and then they vacume it out,500 big ones..

but after i let it go again to my shame,green as..i used my new method...

4 litres of acid\good bit of clorine....pump on all nite,clear as a bell this morgan...
That's one way to do it.
I use chlorine shock - you can get it for $18 for a big tub at BigW. Pour a whole load in and green is gone the next day.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:49 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you..._swimming_pool
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

$500 bucks - they saw you coming.

The way I do it is I first superchlorinate or "shock" the pool.

Then I use flocculant (to make the gunge sink to the bottom)

Then hoover it out with the pump set to go straight to the drain.

Cost?

About $30.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Cost?

About $30.
Yes, did it only yesterday. They charged Aston 500 for the same.
The cost of a really large tub of "Swimclear" is expensive though, or their shock sachets. So Zulu is the way. Use this on a weekly basis in conjunction with the salt chlorinator or sticks.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yes, did it only yesterday. They charged Aston 500 for the same.
The cost of a really large tub of "Swimclear" is expensive though, or their shock sachets. So Zulu is the way. Use this on a weekly basis in conjunction with the salt chlorinator or sticks.
Buy all your pool chems from BigW too - much cheaper than your local pool shop and you get Qantas FF points.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Buy all your pool chems from BigW too - much cheaper than your local pool shop and you get Qantas FF points.
Infact...I am about to head down there.

Originally (years ago) I was told to avoid their liquid chlorine and any cheap chlorine that might be unstabilised and not say, a TriCholor.

Now, as I am using it just for shock purposes, I am happy. I continue to use what my local place uses SmartSticks on a daily basis.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:44 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Spend 5 minutes each day and 20 minutes on the weekend, and your pool should never go green. Turn your back on it for more than a week and........

As others have suggested, shock it with a hit of chlorine , 1 litre of liquid chlorine to 10,000 litres of water will do it. 48 hours later it should be OK again, but watch that PH level and make sure you clean the filters the following week to remove the crap that's been collected.

I changed my pool to an Ioniser system, 60,000 litre pool and it's crystal clear most of the time, but I do shock it a couple of times a year after really bad weather. Also it's surrounded by gum trees, so leaves and gumnuts need to be skimmed out daily.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Spend 5 minutes each day and 20 minutes on the weekend, and your pool should never go green. Turn your back on it for more than a week and........

As others have suggested, shock it with a hit of chlorine , 1 litre of liquid chlorine to 10,000 litres of water will do it. 48 hours later it should be OK again, but watch that PH level and make sure you clean the filters the following week to remove the crap that's been collected.

I changed my pool to an Ioniser system, 60,000 litre pool and it's crystal clear most of the time, but I do shock it a couple of times a year after really bad weather. Also it's surrounded by gum trees, so leaves and gumnuts need to be skimmed out daily.
Biggest issue we've had is having the cover on, and then not using it for a week - other matters might be pressing. The cover hides the first sign of greeness...

2 weeks ago, I got the pool perfect after a green problem, only to then miss my chlorine and adjustment after a huge downpour - green again! Only myself - and busy weeks -to blame.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth

Cost?

About $30.
i went off my tits at the bloke,but he just said "dont pay it then and ill take you to court?what do you do?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Add the following to your pool for a permanent solution to green water.

Cement = 2 bags.
Sand = 4 bags.
Gravel = 6 bags.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:27 pm
ABCDiamond

i went off my tits at the bloke,but he just said "dont pay it then and ill take you to court?what do you do?
Write to the local newspaper, and ask them if they think the charge is reasonable. If they think it is a good story he will get plenty of free advertising, although not the type he might want.

Let him know before you send the letter though, just in case he realises he accidentally overcharged you.

Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

well you must have accepted his price before he did the work.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by billymacker
well you must have accepted his price before he did the work.
seriously,what makes you think that?do you honestly think i accepted the price was shocked by it,and then come here and moan about it?

the company were servicing our pool,so i thought i could trust them..

i was wrong?

but i payed the price?i know how to do it..so i came on here to tell people that dont know how to do it,how to do it?

you obviously aint been in australia long,dont you know that when someone tells you a price it mean **** all?

Last edited by aston; Feb 14th 2011 at 6:23 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

seriously,what makes you think that?do you honestly think i accepted the price was shocked by it,and then come here and moan about it?

the company were servicing our pool,so i thought i could trust them..

i was wrong?

but i payed the price?i know how to do it..so i came on here to tell people that dont know how to do it,how to do it?

you obviously aint been in australia long,dont you know that when someone tells you a price it mean **** all?
And r e l a x.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.