Doing "That" trip

Old Dec 1st 2015, 11:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing "That" trip

Have a safe trip. Deepest condolences for your loss.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Didn't you have a Britannic Majesties passport? Border Control should be very quick for us subjects. Maybe they heard your accent and decided that the americans deserved to be pissed off even further - fancy having a holiday to give thanks you weren't Queenies subjects. As for not knowing bus etiquette, americans avoid buses like the plague, and they don't really queue either.

Travelling on my Aus passport... but I've got a lapsed british passport, which I showed them and they basically let me through, but I did have tell them I was staying 7 weeks..... I couldn't even remember my Parents address, because it's all in bleeding welsh.

Maes emlyn or something.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Me and my daughters attended the mother's funeral wearing jeans. We didn't own UK winter clothes, let alone UK winter dark 'funeral' clothes. I'd have no problem with someone wearing a pink shirt but then I'm of the mind set that attendance shows the respect, the clothes are irrelevant.

Saying that back in the 80s the MiL gave me an ear bashing for allowing my husband to rock up to a funeral in brown shoes. Wtf it was my fault I never understood

I think I may be amongst ~ Presbyterian's ~
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Good luck, lots of them up that way
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:25 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Prestatynians, surely ....

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Prestatynians, surely ....

like it
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you.Been there.Done that.Give your Mum a good send off.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Thinking of you.Been there.Done that.Give your Mum a good send off.
Thanks IB and everyone else.

I'm working on my speech, which I always do Poem style as I hate speaking but love singing.... So that gets me through....as it's a half way thing. Gets received really well, to the point that I enjoy getting up in front of people now.

Getting a great deal of comfort and life detail in, going to do my best to make it my finest.

Hope the locals can handle a small amount of irreverence in their church.... I'm going to do it no matter what.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks IB and everyone else.

I'm working on my speech, which I always do Poem style as I hate speaking but love singing.... So that gets me through....as it's a half way thing. Gets received really well, to the point that I enjoy getting up in front of people now.

Getting a great deal of comfort and life detail in, going to do my best to make it my finest.

Hope the locals can handle a small amount of irreverence in their church.... I'm going to do it no matter what.
Give them your best my friend, so they'll be talking about it for years afterwards
Old Dec 6th 2015, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Arrangements all finalised now and a post mortem done, because of the sudden demise.

Turned out she died of unrecognised Bronchial Pneumonia.... 3 weeks after having a jab for it... Not sure how that works ? This is in a facility where there was supposed to be care on site with a warden etc. My brother and I are in two minds about this. On one hand .... well to be blunt, she died unexpectedly and with very little pain and from her point of view, we both know, she would have been in too much grief and from clear past history would have suffered greatly if my dad had gone first. She had well treated and contained mental health issues you see.

But.... It shouldn't have happened.. there are dead set major medical errors here IMO.

Not sure what to do about this.... as in the long term (3 years or less...maybe more because my dad is a real fighter) she is better off this way.

Not sure how they can call this place a care facility.... They don't even have a warden anymore. Just red bits of pull cords in their houses that they call in an emergency.... oh and a meeting center with a committee.... Whoopy bloody doo. Takes over 24 hours to see a always different GP..... minimum...... or it's AandE.... not the best eh ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 6th 2015 at 12:47 am.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 8:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrangements all finalised now and a post mortem done, because of the sudden demise.

Turned out she died of unrecognised Bronchial Pneumonia.... 3 weeks after having a jab for it... Not sure how that works ? This is in a facility where there was supposed to be care on site with a warden etc. My brother and I are in two minds about this. On one hand .... well to be blunt, she died unexpectedly and with very little pain and from her point of view, we both know, she would have been in too much grief and from clear past history would have suffered greatly if my dad had gone first. She had well treated and contained mental health issues you see.

But.... It shouldn't have happened.. there are dead set major medical errors here IMO.

Not sure what to do about this.... as in the long term (3 years or less...maybe more because my dad is a real fighter) she is better off this way.

Not sure how they can call this place a care facility.... They don't even have a warden anymore. Just red bits of pull cords in their houses that they call in an emergency.... oh and a meeting center with a committee.... Whoopy bloody doo. Takes over 24 hours to see a always different GP..... minimum...... or it's AandE.... not the best eh ?
Had she been complaining of feeling ill since the jab? If she hadn't and hadn't appeared ill to outsiders then surely it's 'one of those things' unfortunately. If she had looked ill and mentioned it then yes I can see a problem but even then, complain and what? I have no idea. Certainly doesn't sound like a care facility but maybe a red cord is all they need???

Had she been happy there?
Old Dec 6th 2015, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Had she been complaining of feeling ill since the jab? If she hadn't and hadn't appeared ill to outsiders then surely it's 'one of those things' unfortunately. If she had looked ill and mentioned it then yes I can see a problem but even then, complain and what? I have no idea. Certainly doesn't sound like a care facility but maybe a red cord is all they need???

Had she been happy there?

She had been very happy here, and had complained about feeling ill but only to those around her. Like my Dad etc. The red cord thing you can do anywhere, it's the same as one of those alert buttons that people with care needs wear in their own houses in Aus, just a summons alert.

All in all I think we'll leave it, after chatting with my brother in depth.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

She had been very happy here, and had complained about feeling ill but only to those around her. Like my Dad etc. The red cord thing you can do anywhere, it's the same as one of those alert buttons that people with care needs wear in their own houses in Aus, just a summons alert.

My Mum had been complaining that she was ill.She had been for several tests and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her.A few weeks before she passed away they found out it was cancer.We were already on our way home because my Dad was very sick with cancer.He had been sick for a year with it.In the end Mum went first,Dad four days later.We could have made some noise to the hospital but decided that there was no point.It was probably best that Mum didn't know how ill she was .Complaining wouldn't have brought her back.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie..So sorry to hear of your loss mate. While we all know that these events are what we all have to go through, it's always a crushing moment and we are never truly prepared when it does come. Deepest condolences to you and hope the trip is not too traumatic.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You're a wise eagle.

Sad days then but hope you are keeping your chin up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.