Wikiposts

Dog ownership

Old Jun 5th 2006, 1:25 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog ownership

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Thats a Shetland Collie right? As a kid I always hankered after a classic Lassie Collie, but my folks first talked me down to a Shetland Collie, and then gave me lots of articles about Shetland Collies saying the were a nervous yappie excitable breed, and eventually talked me out of the idea altogether .

We ended up getting a Tibetan terrier who was the most excictable yappie nervous aggressive bitey snarly bad tempered ball of fluff I've ever owned. Should have got the Collie
Yep, a Shetland Sheepdog, I had one years ago, lovely dog not nervous or yappy but it was a bit stircrazy cos it was kept in a small suburban backyard & it was before I did competitive obedience with my dogs.

The breed standard says reserved with strangers, but nervousness is not a good trait! There's a difference between reserved & nervous!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Rhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to this forum so will introduce myself when I find the right place to do so. Is there an introduction area?
I saw the most beautiful beagle puppy link on here and wondered if any member here knows more about her.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rhonda

Welcome.

Are you in Australia? If so, where are you?

Rudi

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 10:53 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Hi Rudi - I am living in western Sydney.
I am interested in one of the chihuahua puppies . I was told that the little beagle is being placed in a special needs program to be adopted by a family with a deaf child.
Rhonda

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:33 am
Just Joined

From my understanding Honey will be donated to this family. I think the family has more than one deaf member. I was very impressed with the compassion these people have for both the special needs dog and the special family. I can find out more when I visit my puppy. I would love to take all the chihuahua puppies, but I can't.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 10:56 pm. Reason: removal of original quote
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:16 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Hi Rudi - I am living in western Sydney.
I am interested in one of the chihuahua puppies on the same website as Honey.
Are you Rhonda?

Can you show me where the Chihuahua puppies on the same website as Honey are then?
I've looked through that site and there doesn't seem to be one anywhere! Can you give me the link you're looking at? I might consider a Chihuahua instead .... they're so small though....

Last edited by iPom; Jun 7th 2006 at 1:34 am.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iPom
Are you Rhonda?

Can you show me where the Chihuahua puppies on the same website as Honey are then?
I've looked through that site and there doesn't seem to be one anywhere! Can you give me the link you're looking at? I might consider a Chihuahua instead .... they're so small.
Ipom, The chihuahua puppies are divine and I like the little white one. She is so tiny and weighs 400 grams. They are chihuahua cross fox terrier.
http://www.nar.org.au/Lucy.htm
Rhonda
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Ipom, The chihuahua puppies are divine and I like the little white one. She is so tiny and weighs 400 grams. They are chihuahua cross fox terrier.
http://www.nar.org.au/Lucy.htm
Rhonda
Oh my goodness, yes there they are. How ever did a chihuahua reach all the way up to mate with that dog... Canny little beast.

I'm not a fan of dogs that tiny to be honest... I like something a little more chunky,

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 11:01 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth
Here's a good link, it's to do with dog breeding:

Link removed

:scared:

ROFLMAO! LOL! I bet he didn't do that again for a long time! Oh dear, that's so funny! Thanks Renth... cheered me up no end.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 8th 2006 at 2:12 am.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

iPom, I hope you find the right dog for your family soon. That was awful for you to find out that way .
I have 2 cockers (due out of quarantine next Friday ), Molly and Brodie

Just wanted to show them off really

Cockers are quite challenging dogs as they have very strong characters. Molly chewed her way through the house, whereas Brodie didn't touch a thing. They're brother and sister so you can't blame their breeding lol! For those of you having cocker problems, I belong to a cocker forum which has been a brilliant help to us. pm me if you'd like the url (don't want to post it in case it's not allowed ).
Attached Thumbnails Dog ownership-molly-brodie.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 10:59 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:45 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Here's a good link, it's to do with dog breeding:

link removed

:scared:

PMSL!!! Is that how they do it in Oz then??!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 8th 2006 at 2:13 am.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
Bailey was a bit of a pain as a pup. she used to steal socks and knickers and chew on them... didn't matter where they were she'd find them and chew them (even managed to nudge a washer door open to get some!). Now she just takes the odd tshirt to lay on if she get's left and she's in a bad mood (bl00dy dogs!)
Lol, our Bailey (a he) does that too!! I've never known a dog to only chew on socks an undies!! Or sometimes he just moves them around the house (it's teaching me to not leave clothes on the floor though, even for 5 minutes while having a shower!!) He's actually only bit through a sock once... And once he was biting on a pair of jeans, and we realised there was still dog biscuits in the pocket!

Anyway, if anyone from WA has got this far into this thread without doing a google search for rescue places in Perth, here is a post I did with links to nearly all the dog pound/rescue places in Perth, and how and where we got Bailey:
http://www.enjoyperth.net/2006/02/26/52/

He's a Terrier cross (everyone I speak to has different idea's to what he is...!), and we're very happy with him. The only thing is that we can't let him off the lead, as he runs away(in a very cheeky way), and crosses roads without looking (including a 4 lane highway on the weekend, 2 km's from my parents house.... Of all the directions he could have gone, he chose to cross the highway :scared: )
Other than that he doesn't really chew anything, and hardly barks.
He's about 2 years old, but he's still quite puppy like, likes to play(I've never had a dog that would pull on a rope or chase a ball before!).
We walk him 3 times a day (which to us doesn't seem much, we'd walk him 4 times if possible, but by Aussie standards it seems heaps!), and during the day he can go in the garden. I usually give him a bone when I leave, and hide some treats in a kong.
It was really hard at the pound place not to get a second one, but we though we'd try one first. Will get a second eventually though, as it still can't be fun for him during the day...
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:19 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen any other dogs you like,

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 11:09 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Simone
Have you seen any other dogs you like,

Hi Simone

I am looking, really and truly. <sigh>

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 11:10 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

we would like a beagle one day too! But for now we really can't get a puppy, with us both working. Mmm, I should actually just keep my eye out on all the rescue places.... Though in the mean time I'll probably fall in love with another one, ha ha! I love spaniels too, we had a Springer Spaniel when I was young.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 13th 2006 at 11:11 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.