dog or not

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:53 am
Just Joined

che1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question dog or not

just on the hubbys user browsing thru this is great. just stating process to move to cairns.we have a rather large dogue de bordeaux (only a baby) only unsure of whether to take him with us.has anyone shipped over their dogs? do they cope with the heat,chasing snakes etc. Any info greatly welcomed in backing my case to take him with us
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:41 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog or not

Originally Posted by che1
just on the hubbys user browsing thru this is great. just stating process to move to cairns.we have a rather large dogue de bordeaux (only a baby) only unsure of whether to take him with us.has anyone shipped over their dogs? do they cope with the heat,chasing snakes etc. Any info greatly welcomed in backing my case to take him with us
I would say definitely take him.We were very worried about bringing our dog over but decided we just couldn't leave her there.We used golden arrow and they were brilliant.We know a few people who have brought their dogs over and all have coped really well.As for snakes,in six years i have seen three snakes and the dog hasn't seen any! Good luck with your move.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Call me AL
I would say definitely take him.We were very worried about bringing our dog over but decided we just couldn't leave her there.We used golden arrow and they were brilliant.We know a few people who have brought their dogs over and all have coped really well.As for snakes,in six years i have seen three snakes and the dog hasn't seen any! Good luck with your move.
thanks what breed is your dog. just a bit worried about shipping as 60kilo dogs not the best travellers...
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:53 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

thanks what breed is your dog. just a bit worried about shipping as 60kilo dogs not the best travellers...

We have a staffie but friends of ours brought their Alaskan Malamute over.The
shipping company had to make a special crate for him as they didn't have one large enough! He made the trip fine and loves the warm weather.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:54 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Prob a lot easier than transporting a 60kg teenager
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:08 am
saoirse

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Prob a lot easier than transporting a 60kg teenager
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:10 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Mmmm 24 hours on a plane with a dog,your back would be sore picking up all that dog poo in your little bag
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Mmmm 24 hours on a plane with a dog,your back would be sore picking up all that dog poo in your little bag
believe me from my baby a bin liner is in order
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:19 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

This was one of the hardest decisions we had to make. And we were banging are heads against the wall - literally, leaving it all to the 11th hour.

But the 2,000.00 was worth every penny. I'm so glad he's here now, and most importantly, it's helped the kids settle.

If you don't have kids, or don't think settling will be a problem, weigh up how many years the dog has left. I'm not saying all mutts should be shipped over.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:19 am
FREE TIBET

believe me from my baby a bin liner is in order
Thers is nothing i enjoy more than watching very posh and jewellery laden ladies walking their dogs in regents park carrying bags of dog shit
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
This was one of the hardest decisions we had to make. And we were banging are heads against the wall - literally, leaving it all to the 11th hour.

But the 2,000.00 was worth every penny. I'm so glad he's here now, and most importantly, it's helped the kids settle.

If you don't have kids, or don't think settling will be a problem, weigh up how many years the dog has left. I'm not saying all mutts should be shipped over.
thank you he is only just one so has a fair few years also kids are 4 and 3 and they love him to pieces.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

thank you he is only just one so has a fair few years also kids are 4 and 3 and they love him to pieces.
Definately bring him........I brought over a lurcher and a labrador x. 3 years later they are still going strong...the lab has just had her 20th birthday.

I used Golde Arrow shippers in Shropshire...very very impressed.

Sharon
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We also brought our Dog over...no way could I leave her

Cost us 2 grand with Golden Arrow, worth every penny

Been here a year now and had no issues with snakes, spiders or ticks!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

After much heartbreak we decided to leave our dog. This is not something thats easy to do and you feel a complete git. I was heartbroken when he had to go to his new home.

However I was not sure of our long term plans and as we would be renting for a while. Having a dog might be difficult, some places do not like dogs in rentals.

I have kids and wanted good housing for them, and after much distress we decided he would be better off with a new owner.

If I was coming on PR and knew more about Australia and long term plans I probably would have brought him.

But for us the best decision was to leave him. Ive seen pictures of him and he is happy in his new home so it worked out well. But it still hurts knowing that I let him go.

Good Luck
GEMS
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Jo

Your dog has destroyed your home you were planning on renting, if you take him you will be better of buying a place its hard to find rented with dogs and i wouldn't like to take the chance with him eating the house