Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dog Friendly Campsites North of Brisbane...

Dog Friendly Campsites North of Brisbane...

Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog Friendly Campsites North of Brisbane...

Anyone camped at dog friendly campsites north of Briz, about 2 -3 hours away and close to the beach?

Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance on behalf of Mrs. Alf.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Dog Friendly Campsites North of Brisbane...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Anyone camped at dog friendly campsites north of Briz, about 2 -3 hours away and close to the beach?

Suggestions please.

Perhaps a little further than what you want to venture but Harbour View Caravan park at Hervey Bay is not too bad. We've been there a few times with our dog. The park is quiet, faces the marina and is not too far from the beach (about 5-10 minutes walk). We have not been for about eighteen months and I can't remember if there were any time restrictions on the beach. I know the Palms caravan park also allows pets but since having the new dog I have not had the werewithall to face going away with two mad dogs.

Mx
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You calling Mrs Alf a dog now?????
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

In hervey bay theres one beach that is off lead all day near the marina. There are a couple that allow dogs off lead 4pm - 8am and theres another off lead the other end of the bay in point vernon. Pretty sure beaches about 10-15 mins north in craignish are offlead all the time.

I'm interested too in any between here and Brisbane.

Have heard amamoor(?) has a dog friendly area and also rainbow waters in rainbow beach
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

poppy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

We go to Rainbow beach, inskip point beach camping , plus there is a camp site in middle of rainbow which allow dogs ,
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Perhaps a little further than what you want to venture but Harbour View Caravan park at Hervey Bay is not too bad. We've been there a few times with our dog. The park is quiet, faces the marina and is not too far from the beach (about 5-10 minutes walk). We have not been for about eighteen months and I can't remember if there were any time restrictions on the beach. I know the Palms caravan park also allows pets but since having the new dog I have not had the werewithall to face going away with two mad dogs.

Mx
Originally Posted by Safin
In hervey bay theres one beach that is off lead all day near the marina. There are a couple that allow dogs off lead 4pm - 8am and theres another off lead the other end of the bay in point vernon. Pretty sure beaches about 10-15 mins north in craignish are offlead all the time.

I'm interested too in any between here and Brisbane.

Have heard amamoor(?) has a dog friendly area and also rainbow waters in rainbow beach
Originally Posted by poppy14
We go to Rainbow beach, inskip point beach camping , plus there is a camp site in middle of rainbow which allow dogs ,
Thanks for the info. We will look into those.

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
You calling Mrs Alf a dog now?????
I was waiting for someone to pipe up with that.

Don't worry Mrs. Alf will be reading this, I sent her the link.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

inskip
amamoor (not near beach)
standown park - 40 mins from rainbow beach but very nicely laid out and easy to travel around that area.
johns Landing - noosa - few too many permanents for me
Theres one on the north shore, noosa - beach camping - cant remember the name but its on the government site that also books for inskip
stradbroke island has one - thats really nice
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Dog Friendly Campsites North of Brisbane...

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Suggestions please.

Neurem Creek near Woodford not beach but nice area and dog friendly.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:01 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.holidayingwithdogs.com.au/
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by odyssey
inskip
amamoor (not near beach)
standown park - 40 mins from rainbow beach but very nicely laid out and easy to travel around that area.
johns Landing - noosa - few too many permanents for me
Theres one on the north shore, noosa - beach camping - cant remember the name but its on the government site that also books for inskip
stradbroke island has one - thats really nice
Originally Posted by pproehann
Neurem Creek near Woodford not beach but nice area and dog friendly.
Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Thank you all. Will look into these.