Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dog attack in Baldivis - Destroy those dogs!

Dog attack in Baldivis - Destroy those dogs!

Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:30 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Dog attack in Baldivis - Destroy those dogs!

This story is bad enough - that poor little girl being attacked by 6 dogs - 3 of which were bull arabs.

But the face that after the investigation is finished 'the dogs may be returned to their owner' - beggers belief.

The dogs are used for pig dogging and as usual the 'no such thing as a bad dog only a bad owner' comments were posted in the comments section of the online paper, but I wonder if they would post them had it been their child?

I hope they destroy the dogs involved I really do.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226382774222
Old Jun 5th 2012, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all
Default Re: Dog attack in Baldivis - Destroy those dogs!

100% agree that the dogs should be destroyed.

Regardless of their breed they have attacked and that's that.

I grew up with a rottweiler and a german shepherd cross but quite a small dog, we had both since pups, when I was 9 the german shepherd cross attacked me, unprovoked, I was lying on the sofa, bit my face, nearly lost an eye. The dog didn't live to see the end of the day....the hardest part was stopping my dad doing it with his bare hands as I remember!! Family pet/working dog.....whatever, if they attack they must be put down, end of.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Once they attack, they will attack again. Destroy them.

And no one should have 6 dogs unless they are a registered breeder or own kennels.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:27 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Once they attack, they will attack again. Destroy them.

And no one should have 6 dogs unless they are a registered breeder or own kennels.
Im surprised the little girl even survived the attack to be honest and I will be shocked if Rockingham council and police decide the dogs can go back home to their owner.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
This story is bad enough - that poor little girl being attacked by 6 dogs - 3 of which were bull arabs.

But the face that after the investigation is finished 'the dogs may be returned to their owner' - beggers belief.

The dogs are used for pig dogging and as usual the 'no such thing as a bad dog only a bad owner' comments were posted in the comments section of the online paper, but I wonder if they would post them had it been their child?

Yes, destroyed. If they return them and they do it again then there's a good argument that the authorities are liable for putting them back in the public.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:10 am

3 of the other dogs have escaped - or have they?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

3 of the other dogs have escaped - or have they?
How I read the story it seems that the other three dogs were not involved so therefore only the three bull arabs were handed in?

What on earth were a pack of 6 dogs doing outside?Last week I just went out of my house with my 8 year old daughter and two rotties came running down the street we got back in and waited for them to go.I then had to take my golf umbrella with me for protection on the walk to school!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:34 am

I await with interest to see if Rockingham council release these animals because the only ending for these dogs should be a trip to heaven and I dont give a monkeys chufter if it isnt the dogs fault, it certainly isnt the childs fault.

I also think these dogs would do this again without question.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

The owner should be prosecuted for letting them out.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If that had been in the UK, the dogs would already be dead, and the owners prosecuted.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs
If that had been in the UK, the dogs would already be dead, and the owners prosecuted.
I dont understand what the delay is, I mean really - imagine they go back to their owner who incidentally surrendered them to the pound which I am assuming for destruction.

So if they go home and next time they attack, the council should be held to blame, although I am surprised the owner hasnt insisted on their destruction himself.

I wonder how far the owner has to drive out to take his dogs pig hunting?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:37 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many stories of dogs, usually pit bulls, maiming or frequently killing children in the US. The owners always say the dog was the sweetest thing. I have loved dogs my entire life however, some breeds are not to be mixed with children or other pets. What to do with them.. I don't know. And yes there are far more problem pet owners who make problem pets.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

The dogs should be put down, without question. And owners charged.

I once blocked (and bodychecked) a large dog off lead in the oval running for my two year old. The owner got all snarky about it, "Why did you do that? He just loves kids," (while the kid in question was screaming in fear and trying to climb back into the pram). Sorry, but my responsibility is my kid first. I'm not going to wait until the dog is on top of my toddler to find out if he's friendly.

I feel for that poor little girl. She'll never look at a dog the same way, her whole life, never mind the physical scars.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
There are so many stories of dogs, usually pit bulls, maiming or frequently killing children in the US. The owners always say the dog was the sweetest thing. I have loved dogs my entire life however, some breeds are not to be mixed with children or other pets. What to do with them.. I don't know. And yes there are far more problem pet owners who make problem pets.
This one of the reasons the UK made pit bulls, andsome other bull breeds like American staffies, illegal in the UK, together with a law that states ALL dogs must be fully controlled and on a leash in a public place, and that certain breeds must be muzzled in public. It was a bit of a knee jeerk reaction to an incident as reported by the OP, but seems to have orked. There are still, however, many pit bulls bred, and owned, illegally but at least the authorities do have teeth if there are problems.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:22 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn`t assume that just because the dogs might get returned that they would not still be put down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.