Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

does your boss have a sense of humour?

Wikiposts

does your boss have a sense of humour?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does your boss have a sense of humour?

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
There's definately not enough weegies in Australia!!
im working on that
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Are you goin back for the commonwealth games??
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:11 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by soapy
na you speak english
but i can talk pish
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

It's the accent that makes his pish funny
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:18 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
It's the accent that makes his pish funny
it's alright, i've got thick skin
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm sorry! Maybe you can get some early Billy Connelly and practice??
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

So what was it he wanted to know about Apples then????
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:08 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
he didn't say anything but i'm well on my way to getting a full set of steak knives
In a case or back

If he can't take a joke you might as well browse.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:15 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

My last boss definitely didn't have a sense of humour.

Convinced an employee had made an error on the computer, he bullied her over a period of months until she had a nervous breakdown and spent months off work.
I got employed and was told about this and realised none of them really knew anything about computers, and after looking at various logs, it was clear it was the software company who'd been in that day to upgrade had caused the problem.

I explained this to the boss and it was with great pleasure I saw him become ashen...

He had the good grace to actually apologise to the employee.

OTher than that he was a twot with no humour.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I had a boss who had a sense of humour.

I used to run a Local Government Dept. I had two weeks off work and had allocated some of my work around the Department. Left written instructions, spoken to everyone, updated people on the status of projects, etc, etc.

On my first day back at work, I was first into the office, walked into my office and seriously couldn't see my desk for files, leaning tower of pisa type piles............... Not one thing had been done while I was away. I was so angry I picked up a file and threw it on the floor with a bit of a swear. As I did it, I heard a giggle behind me, turned to see the Chief Exec! He was an older, rather straight laced kind of guy.

Expecting a bollocking I held my breath and instead he walked in and started pushing the piles over and told me to join in as it would make me feel better........... We had a ball and laughed until we cried. He even sat on the floor in his suit and helped me pick them all up. Our staff thought we'd gone mad, but I must say it was effective management because after that I always saw him as a human being rather than just my boss. It also stopped me giving my staff a bollocking and possibly causing bad feeling.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

My first boss had a great dry, larrikan, sense of humour. We spent all our time finishing each other's one-liners and crap jokes.

He just thought like I did!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:37 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a boss who was the nastiest man with absolutely no sense of humour i have ever come across.One day he arrived on a building site we were working on and proceeded to tear a strip off everybody over some trivial matter.A Welsh guy we had with us copped a real volley,complete with racist remarks. As he was leaving he ducked in to the porta-loo.This welsh guy stuck a bolt through the latch and turned the whole thing over with a fork-lift! When he got out he was covered from head to toe with all the stuff you would expect to find in a porta-loo. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.