Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Wikiposts

Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

I am addicted to cigs, coffee and now BE. The joy is I can give in to all of my addictions at once. I know i will be using BE in Perth to find out about meet ups etc and hope to help others who are moving to OZ. Watching the posters become heated over a variety of subjects is my most guilty pleasure
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
not sure
there seem to be more and more whining baskets on here and far too many are far too quick to start a slanging match

maybe its time to take a back seat
It's no better or worse in that respect than it's ever been (as far as I see it anyway). The only change would be that you are no longer using it for information and are more involved in reading the padding around the info. The whining, moaning and bitching is just the same. Just like real life

I don't need BE but I do enjoy it, even the crap stuff. I ignore some people, I ignore some threads and use it only to meet up with friends and offer advice. I would also say I HAVE to be here now because of being a Mod

If everyone who moved over then stopped posting, the forum would die because there would be no exchange of information. It would also be very selfish as everyone who found BE before they moved, definitely had the transition made easier with the help. To not give back once here is unfair to the new UK members.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well today I have been tying fishing flies and baking bread and have been out for a walk.

I pop in ow and again, when I am in the house, to keep track of what's happening, offer advice if I can and, occasionally add a little fuel to the fire, if it is needed.

Remember though, it is not real life.....it is more like a TV soap opera or the Archers.

G
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

If everyone who moved over then stopped posting, the forum would die because there would be no exchange of information. It would also be very selfish as everyone who found BE before they moved, definitely had the transition made easier with the help. To not give back once here is unfair to the new UK members.
well said Pen.

i love BE, might sound daft but i do.
some of the posters on here really make me laugh.
i dont use it as much as i used to but i check it at least once a day.

i prefer to use it for meets now. i think new people arriving will settle a lot better if they get their arse to a meet.

its get on my tits when i see posters with 5000 posts before they get here then you never hear of them again.
even an update on how they coped trying to settle every six months would be nice.

off to pick up the drunks
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Do you think there will be a point, once you're fimly placed in Oz, that you won't want to or need to use BE anymore?
One day hopefully I will kick the habit- I don't need it. Thing is, occasionally something useful does come up, or something is discussed which is worth reading about. .
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:17 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's no better or worse in that respect than it's ever been (as far as I see it anyway). The only change would be that you are no longer using it for information and are more involved in reading the padding around the info. The whining, moaning and bitching is just the same. Just like real life

I don't need BE but I do enjoy it, even the crap stuff. I ignore some people, I ignore some threads and use it only to meet up with friends and offer advice. I would also say I HAVE to be here now because of being a Mod

I find the barbie getting too pc.... the oz forum is where everyone hung out until the barbie was created for general crap where you could continue on with what paul & sue decided was becoming off topic for the general oz forum. It was a place where you could have a bit of a scrap to some extent, mainly a strong difference of opinions. Then came TIO, which is too impersonnal.

Its becoming a place now where things we used to say we can no longer say, yet it's not meant for newbies as such, allthough all are welcome.

We are moderated by the views of the moderator and the moderator is chosen for their contribution and the admins idea on who would do it well.
If we arent allowed to speak freely due to a given moderators views or interpretation of the rules, we are buggered and the whole forum experience is dampened.

For me, Im not a cold hearted person or deliberately callous, yet I am sillenced all too often, when I believe you have to have a wide variety of characters on any forum to make in lively and interesting.
You have to have idiots, angry people, sad people, happy people etc, and accept them for what they are, not shut them up because someone whinges to a mod about a post or a mod decides to remind a poster of forum rules.

For what its worth, I actually do try to keep life on the forum when I am around, if you dont like what I say, I shall respect that and put up with crap as well, but remember I am an individual so Im not going to be YOU

Thanks for reading, now piss off, Im busy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with all that. Except for the busy bit Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:51 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Im not busy either now, I had me bath and put the cats out.

Must have a nose at the "birds" thread though. From the title it looks like I may have an opinion
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
well said Pen.

i love BE, might sound daft but i do.
some of the posters on here really make me laugh.
i dont use it as much as i used to but i check it at least once a day.

i prefer to use it for meets now. i think new people arriving will settle a lot better if they get their arse to a meet.

its get on my tits when i see posters with 5000 posts before they get here then you never hear of them again.
even an update on how they coped trying to settle every six months would be nice.

off to pick up the drunks

i do try to reassure and give infor to the peeps with teens..................................honest i totally agree with you soaps , some are selfish, but some have genuine reasons, to be honest when am not feeling great about oz , i try to steer clear of the forums,dont want to moan too much
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well today I have been tying fishing flies and baking bread and have been out for a walk.

I pop in ow and again, when I am in the house, to keep track of what's happening, offer advice if I can and, occasionally add a little fuel to the fire, if it is needed.

Remember though, it is not real life.....it is more like a TV soap opera or the Archers.

G

now you tell me aftere ave emigrated

but i disagree to some extent, if it wasnt real life i wouldn't have met the lovely peeps i ave, me and OH are even going to be godparents to friends we met through BE..........i cant wait, get to hold and coe at he baby then give it back
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Margaret3
now you tell me aftere ave emigrated

but i disagree to some extent, if it wasnt real life i wouldn't have met the lovely peeps i ave, me and OH are even going to be godparents to friends we met through BE..........i cant wait, get to hold and coe at he baby then give it back
Yes, you can meet (in person) some lovely people, but you have to understand that the majority on a forum are here for entertainment purposes, and as such, are telling porky pies when posting that may envoke emotions thinking the poster is truthful.

People delight in attention and will tailor their posts to suit their own needs.

Just be wary, thats all, and take from the forum what you want, leave the rest.................
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Margaret3;5837283 if it wasnt real life i wouldn't have met the lovely peeps i ave, me and OH are even going to be godparents to friends we met through BE..........i cant wait, get to hold and coe at he baby then give it back[/QUOTE]

Ive met some lovely people including Margaret, Herrchook, Sorchar, Grayling, Emmals, Issie, Gobbyjock, Worzel and Sam, JonahsMummy, Sam, Dollydaydream to name but a few.

The funniest was Grayling, listening to him swear and lose his patience when driving round Manchester. He looks so innocent as well.

I gave up trying to prove stuff that I had written, because I can prove it. Now I am of the opinion that if someone thinks I am making it up, the problem lies with them and not me.

God Margaret, do you remember when we went out that night, we had such a laugh.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
not sure
there seem to be more and more whining baskets on here and far too many are far too quick to start a slanging match

maybe its time to take a back seat

It's a sign that you're maturing Steve.

Or maybe I meant to say fermenting
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

The funniest was Grayling, listening to him swear and lose his patience when driving round Manchester. He looks so innocent as well.

I am innocent

It was a good evening though wasn't it?

G x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I might start my own forum called BE.....BixEepats.

Only for cats you understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.