Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Wikiposts

Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Do you think there will be a point, once you're fimly placed in Oz, that you won't want to or need to use BE anymore?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think you'll always use/need BE?

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Do you think there will be a point, once you're fimly placed in Oz, that you won't want to or need to use BE anymore?
I bloody hope I don't need it! But as long as I want it I will continue to indulge. I go through phases anyway, depending on how much free time I have and how bored I am.

(Although isn't denial the first sign of addiction? And I do use BE in the morning, and use BE alone.... perhaps I should get help?! )
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
I bloody hope I don't need it! But as long as I want it I will continue to indulge. I go through phases anyway, depending on how much free time I have and how bored I am.

(Although isn't denial the first sign of addiction? And I do use BE in the morning, and use BE alone.... perhaps I should get help?! )
Well I didn't discover BE until I was settled here anyhow - and I don't need to use it - it is like checking emails for me - I come on during the day whilst at work - if anything interesting catches my eye - I usually comment. I sometimes post my problems/concerns etc.

But as long as my job allows me to 'surf' when quiet I will always use BE - unless of course someone p****es me off
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:24 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I did think I wouldn't go on BE at all once I got to Oz but the TV's rubbish and you can find friends through it, also its nice to give help to others when you have received so much yourself and some of it is fun - I am now too busy to spend so much time on Barbie type threads such as the 3 word story and the od change a letter game that really helped while I was waiting for the Visa to come through.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i will, i dont feel i need it but most of the time i like to use it (sounds like an addiction , or what!!), i get bored with it sometimes , but i always come back, also am a nosey get and like to see what your all up to
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I think if you found out where the most frequent posters are on this forum, many if not most will be living in Australia. Without them, the wealth of fantastic (and useless) information would dry up... so yes, i reckon a lot of successful migrants use the site, some more often than perhaps is healthy
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:59 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need BE any more than I need alcohol

It is useful on the Lab to get some input on IT stuff but there is little I learn about Aus these days. In fact, if it wasn't for needing something to do all day at work I would probably walk away.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Think it depends, I use it now 2 years down the line, to keep in touch with the people who don't live near It's a great social club love the banter too.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I don't need BE any more than I need alcohol

Exactly! ...or food... or oxygen....
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:24 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rebnatoli;5831486] I am now too busy to spend so much time on Barbie type threads QUOTE]

Hence why you responded to this one about 10mins after it was posted
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I never used BE until we actually got to Perth. I only joined to complain about Crown Relocations, the rest is history.

I don't need it, but it cures my boredom at times
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I used BE and various other forums while we were organising our move and when we first arrived. After a while I stopped looking in as much as I was busy with life. I call in now to try to help other people who are making the move becuase if other people hadn't done that for me I would have struggled at times. These places only work if there is a balance between those that are here and settled and those at the various different stages of the process.
I also like to check whether there are people that are looking to move in our direction rather than just to one of the main cities as the information for country areas is usually harder to find and I know that I have plenty of contacts that I have made over time that could help people.
Nicky
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

not sure
there seem to be more and more whining baskets on here and far too many are far too quick to start a slanging match

maybe its time to take a back seat
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

i've been a member on here now for nearly 4 years and in the beginning i mostly stayed in the immigration forum to learn as much about the visa process as i could. Now i usually just pop into the barbie from time time, like Mags, im a nosey git and i like to see how everyone is getting on. Ive also made some good friends through this site as well
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:28 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I will always pop on this site cos I am a nosey git,

also made some mates on here who don't live near me so its a good way to keep up to date with them.
Also just like to chat to people i wouldn't normally get a chance to meet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.