Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Old May 31st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

It's still so sad to see her parents in the news, but they won't get this amount of media coverage for much longer will they?

I wonder what happened?
Old May 31st 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

I like to believe in my heart that she's been taken by someone who couldn't have their own children - just so they will treat her well and love her and not abuse her.

Unfortunately 28 days have now passed and with that the opportunity to use the sniffer dogs (apparently the could detect scents for upto 28 days).

Maybe she will never be reunited with her family but lets hope and pray that she gets to live her childhood out like a normal little girl (not that it will be possible with her distinct marking on her eye).

I hope that one day she will be returned to her family.

Lynn xx
Old May 31st 2007, 10:03 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
It's still so sad to see her parents in the news, but they won't get this amount of media coverage for much longer will they?

I wonder what happened?
Its too upsetting to even think about.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:05 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Can you just imagine never seeing youre child again and not knowing what happened to them, whether they are alive or not, happy or not? I think its just horrifying to even contemplate. I look at my little one and see how small and trusting he is. Its terrible. Sadly in my job i see all sorts and its awful to see what people will do. The people who have taken her can easily change her identity, change her hair colour, cut it, fake I D's etc. Unfortunately the longer she is missing the less the population will look for her. Look at poor Ben Needham.
I too can only prey that she will be found and returned to her family ... and if not, that she is alive and well and with someone who was just desperate for a child and that she will be looked after and loved.
M J
Old May 31st 2007, 11:10 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
I like to believe in my heart that she's been taken by someone who couldn't have their own children - just so they will treat her well and love her and not abuse her.
Wasn't there a boy kidnapped in similar conditions in Greece years and years ago. Her parents are still looking I think. That could be even worse, never able to move on with your life
Old May 31st 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

lfc4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
Wasn't there a boy kidnapped in similar conditions in Greece years and years ago. Her parents are still looking I think. That could be even worse, never able to move on with your life
that was ben needham (as the previous poster said) he'd be about 18 now .
Old May 31st 2007, 11:25 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you never know , but sadly as in most of these cases she will already be dead

I hope there is a happy ending to this !
Old May 31st 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I really hope there is a happy ending but it seems to be getting more and more unlikely.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:00 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought it was unlikely she will be found now, but there was a story on the news a few months back about that girl who was abducted by a paedophile (think it was in Netherlands) and she was hidden away for years in the basement and one day she escaped. I think this girl was older than maddie when she was abducted though and was fully aware of what was going on. I suppose you just never know and should never give up hope.

Jackie x
Old May 31st 2007, 12:25 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

God help the little girl.i feel that if she was dead,they'd have found her by now and i fear she has a worse life in front of her at the hands of some dodgy east european paedo gang.
I so hope im wrong but an opportunist thief wouldnt kidnap a child.

Fingers crossed the authorities find her in one piece.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I would have thought it was unlikely she will be found now, but there was a story on the news a few months back about that girl who was abducted by a paedophile (think it was in Netherlands) and she was hidden away for years in the basement and one day she escaped. I think this girl was older than maddie when she was abducted though and was fully aware of what was going on. I suppose you just never know and should never give up hope.

Jackie x
Was it Austria? That was a seriously weird case.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:23 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about Austria, but it wasn't the Netherlands. Unfortunately hideous people live everywhere.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:41 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Not sure about Austria, but it wasn't the Netherlands. Unfortunately hideous people live everywhere.
It was Belguim.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the book at the mo, bit weird.

Over here a 13 year old boy was abducted about 4 years ago. The parents still fundraise, do events, all sorts of stuff to keep his name alive, dont know what happened to him, gave me a wake up call tho, you always think kids abducted are young girls, boys are no safer than girls.

As for maddie I think a child that pretty was taken to be sold, probably like someone else said will grow up with a family who want her, well I hope thats the case. Cant be much compensation to the real parents tho, especially teh guilt aspect.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:44 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
It was Belguim.
I think the case referred to was Austria. The girl developed a kind of parent-child relationship with the kidnapper. Stockholm syndrome i think they called it. The Belgium story was about a pedophile ring including senior figures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.