View Poll Results: Do you smoke? (anonymous poll)
Yes
10.96%
No, I've quit
42.47%
No, never
46.58%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Smoke?

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:09 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do You Smoke?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Never.

Too many memories of long, long Sunday afternoons spent at my Gran's house, with my Mam, Dad, Gran, Great Aunt and Great Uncle all puffing away, trying to watch the telly through a yellow fog.

My brother's never smoked either, I can only assume he has the same memories.

Strangely, all of the above (apart from my Great Uncle) stopped smoking in the late 70s.
So actually, you have smoked.. passively. Far worse than smoking cigarettes as you don't get the added filter.

My LM's parents both smoked. In the car, in the house. They both died of cancer, not surprisingly. It's a freaking miracle he's so healthy.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
So actually, you have smoked.. passively. Far worse than smoking cigarettes as you don't get the added filter.My LM's parents both smoked. In the car, in the house. They both died of cancer, not surprisingly. It's a freaking miracle he's so healthy.
Cobblers.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Cobblers.
Educate yourself.

http://www.stopsmokingtoday.com/dync...e_Smoking.html

' Nearly four-fifths of the smoke that builds up in a room containing a smoker is of the more harmful "sidestream" type.'
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

I don't care what it says.. it's still cobblers. There's a mountain of crap spouted about passive smoking as part of the general anti-smoking propaganda. It defies logic to believe that passive smoking is somehow worse than actually smoking.

What do they think smokers do in between taking a drag anyway? Do they think they stop breathing... or perhaps they indulge in a bit of passive smoking as well?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:20 pm

LOL. Are you a smoker, creature?

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

LOL. Are you a smoker, creature?

Nope. Used to be, but haven't smoked for about 15 years.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:26 pm

Nope. Used to be, but haven't smoked for about 15 years.
It's funny how you can still say it's bollocks then.
You gave up for your health, or pocket? Or the stink?

You're missing the point. It's not the smokers which are being studied, it's the effect of passive smoking on non smokers.

We already know what smoking does to smokers.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

It's funny how you can still say it's bollocks then.
You gave up for your health, or pocket? Or the stink?

You're missing the point. It's not the smokers which are being studied, it's the effect of passive smoking on non smokers.

We already know what smoking does to smokers.
I quote "Far worse than smoking cigarettes" Make your mind up woman.

I still say, that the arguments put forward, for the supposed damage done by 'passive smoking' are, for the most part, utter nonsense. They have been fabricated, to drive home the message, that smoking is not only bad for you, but bad for those around you as well.

Unless you plan to spend 16hrs a day in a phone box, with a couple of smokers, then 'passive smoking' isn't going to be a problem.

I gave up for the same reason everybody does... health and price.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Stopped smoking March 1999 xx
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:29 am

I quote "Far worse than smoking cigarettes" Make your mind up woman.
I was referring to your statement... 'What do they think smokers do in between taking a drag anyway? Do they think they stop breathing... or perhaps they indulge in a bit of passive smoking as well?'.

I still say, that the arguments put forward, for the supposed damage done by 'passive smoking' are, for the most part, utter nonsense. They have been fabricated, to drive home the message, that smoking is not only bad for you, but bad for those around you as well.
Ok, well that flies in the face of all the studies they've done but I guess you must be right, randomguyontheinternetwhousedtosmoke.

Unless you plan to spend 16hrs a day in a phone box, with a couple of smokers, then 'passive smoking' isn't going to be a problem.
Thanks doctor! Next time I have doubt on proven medical and clinical trials, I'll come and ask you. Screw all those babies who die of SIDS and little kids who have asthma because of passive smoking and those adults who died of it. What do they know?

I gave up for the same reason everybody does... health and price.
Health? So it was harmful to you but not to anyone else? I like your logic.

You could be a real doctor!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:44 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

No.I've never had a cigarette.I stumbled across this site a while ago.http://www.theladysmokes.com/ It's very clever marketing.It makes cigs look very appealing.If you have given them up don't look!!!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Health? So it was harmful to you but not to anyone else? I like your logic.
Smoking was harmful to my health. I don't doubt that for one second, but I don't believe that passive smoking, as most people interact with 'it' is. For God's sake, we have people now saying that just walking past people in the street, who are smoking is 'bad for their heath'. It's just rubbish.

'Passive smoking' causing SIDS is another, frankly rubbish, statistic. If it were true, there should be a direct correlation between the percentage of the population who smoke and the numbers of SIDS. There isn't.
Latest figure I found was 32 SIDS deaths a YEAR in the UK and 103 in Australia. Doesn't really stack up does it?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:51 am
Account Closed

...and little kids who have asthma because of passive smoking
There IS actually a very clear correlation between the number of smokers and the numbers of kids with asthma. As smoking has declined, asthma in kids has rocketed. Odd that, isn't it?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:52 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be a heavy smoker but gave up, cold turkey, ten years ago. One of the best things I've ever done... and wish I'd never started.

I believe Government's who continue to permit cigarette sales and accept tax revenue from cigarettes are morally corrupt. They can ban dangerous "drugs" yet they continue to allow people to pop to the shop for a pack of highly addictive and dangerous cigarettes.

I gave up smoking with the understanding that nicotine was as addictive as heroin. Not easy to overcome, but possible - and a really good idea.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:54 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

'Dabbled' as a teen, but saw what it does and decided it was a stupid idea. It killed both my Mum and Dad

Jan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.