Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you let your kids see you naked

Do you let your kids see you naked

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:23 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you let your kids see you naked

we let our kids see us naked ... they wander into the bathroom while we are in the shower, see us getting dressed etc, no problem.
but lately the boys (now 6 and a half) have discovered page 3 - they giggle and point to bare boobs daring each other to say 'boobies' ... we just chuckle and tell them off playfully ... what else can you do??

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charb

'My mum has a moustache, but not on her face...'' lol !!!!!!!!!!!

Made me laugh!
Johnnyyt
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:18 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

OH has never let the kids see him naked, but walks about in his boxers. I have never hid my nakedness from them, but as they are older I now lock my bathroom door, although I still go to the toilet with the door wide open...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
OH has never let the kids see him naked, but walks about in his boxers. I have never hid my nakedness from them, but as they are older I now lock my bathroom door, although I still go to the toilet with the door wide open...
The door on my loo doesn't shut and I can guarantee one of them will wander in and start talking to me.

I remember taking my daughter and her Japanese friend swimming when they were about 6 - we all got in the shower together (naked) afterwards but when we'd finished the friend put on her knickers and said "Ooh no don't look!!"
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:29 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

When they are small, then it's ok. But as they get older, no way.

Up until 10 days ago when had foster kids in the house, so walking around naked was not even on the agenda.

I always wear pj bottoms in bed, not for being comfy but to ensure no allagations arise years later.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:43 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
The door on my loo doesn't shut and I can guarantee one of them will wander in and start talking to me.

I remember taking my daughter and her Japanese friend swimming when they were about 6 - we all got in the shower together (naked) afterwards but when we'd finished the friend put on her knickers and said "Ooh no don't look!!"
Mine see my bits and have done since young, but there is no way they would change and get naked in front of me, they stopped all that during puberty..
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

At one time I was the only female in a household of men. I had 5 males wander around the house naked. I was the only one who would wear a pair of undies. Never found the boys to become self conscious when they reached puberty. In fact I was called to one in their 20s when they were in the shower to be asked about something pertaining to a very personal part of their anatomy! Asked why he would call me and not his father as I wouldn't have a clue! Father was duly dispatched!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
Mine see my bits and have done since young, but there is no way they would change and get naked in front of me, they stopped all that during puberty..
Oh yes, it only works one way!!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:50 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Loved reading all the posts! This is a question we have been wondering about recently. We have a 9 year old and a 6 year old, both boys. I was brought up in a prudish family, and at first I was very protective of our bits and prudish myself. However, recently I have lightened up a bit and realised that If adults see nakedness as a big deal, the kids too will make a big deal of it. That could possibly lead to hang ups later in life. So I've relaxed....but is it too late? We got a note home this week from the 6 year olds teacher saying he had lost a point for asking "to see someones bum" in class! Hmmmm! He would have just been being 6 years old..and silly.......but it does pose the question of have we made things seem taboo? Have we been too oppressed and now the idea of being more relaxed has become a silly novelty?
We watch a film every Friday night and this week I said why don't we have a P.J party. My 6 year old said "no let's have a naked one" I said "trust me son, you wouldn't want to see me and Dad naked. To which he said " I've seen Dad's thingy before....(look of horror on his face)....it's sooooo big!"
We laughed and laughed.....(I told hubby.......he looked so proud!) lol!
But he also said he remembered seeing his Dad's as a child and how it seemed huge to him too! I think if you make a big deal out of these things....it will be a big deal to them!
Still ....Grandma's visiting in a few weeks and I would HATE them not to show her that I have brought them up with modesty. So I have been picking them up on their use of words like Bum, Fart, Boobs etc...... I really must decide which way to go soon or they will have real scars of misdirection!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Ha! Loved reading all the posts! This is a question we have been wondering about recently. We have a 9 year old and a 6 year old, both boys. I was brought up in a prudish family, and at first I was very protective of our bits and prudish myself. However, recently I have lightened up a bit and realised that If adults see nakedness as a big deal, the kids too will make a big deal of it. That could possibly lead to hang ups later in life. So I've relaxed....but is it too late? We got a note home this week from the 6 year olds teacher saying he had lost a point for asking "to see someones bum" in class! Hmmmm! He would have just been being 6 years old..and silly.......but it does pose the question of have we made things seem taboo? Have we been too oppressed and now the idea of being more relaxed has become a silly novelty?
We watch a film every Friday night and this week I said why don't we have a P.J party. My 6 year old said "no let's have a naked one" I said "trust me son, you wouldn't want to see me and Dad naked. To which he said " I've seen Dad's thingy before....(look of horror on his face)....it's sooooo big!"
We laughed and laughed.....(I told hubby.......he looked so proud!) lol!
But he also said he remembered seeing his Dad's as a child and how it seemed huge to him too! I think if you make a big deal out of these things....it will be a big deal to them!
Still ....Grandma's visiting in a few weeks and I would HATE them not to show her that I have brought them up with modesty. So I have been picking them up on their use of words like Bum, Fart, Boobs etc...... I really must decide which way to go soon or they will have real scars of misdirection!
Kids (and boys more so in my view) of a certain age will be fascinated by boobs and bums (some never grow out of it ) My 5 year old is obsessed at the moment with farting and the more I mention for her not to say the word fart the more she looks at me with a glint in her eye shouting fart fart fart. The more it becomes an issue for you the less chance you have of it going away.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:46 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I walked with my yougest (7) and his class to the library on Friday. We all took water bottles and he decided to attach his to his shorts. It kept swinging as he walked and he pipes up "Mum, my bottle keeps hitting me in my nuts" really loud I didn't know where to put my face
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I walked with my yougest (7) and his class to the library on Friday. We all took water bottles and he decided to attach his to his shorts. It kept swinging as he walked and he pipes up "Mum, my bottle keeps hitting me in my nuts" really loud I didn't know where to put my face
bless him.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:57 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Silly old moo that I am.....I taught my kids to call their "bits" your Chookie and Chuckies - so that if they call out things like that in public no one else will have a clue what they are talking about!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:15 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
But he's meant to ask questions... and you're just meant to answer them like it's no big deal...

To them, how babies arrive is just the same as how steam trains work... explain, explain, explain and then when they're teenagers and they don't want to talk to you, they have information in there somewhere they can access.
it is not the asking that's a problem, it is her replies that the OH did not like - 2yo "asks what is that?" he answers "Daddy", she replies "It's a pickle" She had little pickled gerkins the previous day, so OH was not too impressed with the comparision
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Mines caught me unaware and thought there was a horse in the room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.