British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Do you let your kids see you naked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/do-you-let-your-kids-see-you-naked-476766/)

harveyhare Aug 25th 2007 12:03 pm

Do you let your kids see you naked

Well would you let your kids see you naked?
Iam not talking little kids but teenagers,
I heard a little story from a friend that her teenage son visiting a friends house went to speak with the mother who was naked and walked through the house to get her clothes:sneaky:
My two are Girl 14, Boy 17 and there's no way we would want to see each other naked:eek:

Di

BadgeIsBack Aug 25th 2007 12:06 pm

Re: Do you let your kids see you naked

Originally Posted by harveyhare (Post 5233951)
I heard a little story from a friend that her teenage son visiting a friends house went to speak with the mother who was naked and walked through the house to get her clothes:sneaky:
My two are Girl 14, Boy 17 and there's no way we would want to see each other naked:eek:

Di

We have a thing where I get to shower with the kids cos it's easy.

My mother would be topless occasionally with my school mates- sorry not with - you get the idea. Such a liberal. How we laughed. I thought it was quite cool actually.:rofl:

charb Aug 25th 2007 12:10 pm

Same sex is ok IMO, I would strip in front of my mum if I had too, & she would in front of me. (not that we make it a weekly event or anything! lol!)
But a mother in front of her teenage son - AND friends, no way !!!

My son is 5 in a couple of months, & even now I am beginning to wonder if I should be covering up more (don't get me wrong, I don't vacuum the house naked or anything like that!! lol). I can imagine him going to school & saying something like 'My mum has a moustache, but not on her face...'' lol !!!!!!!!!!!

biggy Aug 25th 2007 12:16 pm

my kids often come into the bathroom when i am in the shower..........i dont see anything wrong with families doing this if all feel comfortable about it....we are all human after all......but infront of the kids friends IMO is a defo NO NO!!!!

eddie007 Aug 25th 2007 12:26 pm

I have been known to wander around my house naked... it is my house and if I want to I will...

however, I wouldn't deliberately traumatise my children's friends by doing it when I know that they are in the house....

:curse:get off line eddie you are meant to be packing...

sammyg Aug 25th 2007 12:34 pm

not to sure about that...i don't think i'd like my daughter seeing someone elses mum naked! Mainly, for the fact that it would be embarrassing for her:eek: ...and i do find it a bit weird:unsure:

Dorothy Aug 25th 2007 12:39 pm

Me naked is something nobody needs to see

rabsody Aug 25th 2007 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare (Post 5233951)

Di

I had to laugh at this thread, my parents were hippies and used to go around naked all the time, sunbathing naked in the back garden (very embarrassing when friends used to come over!), the whole bit. They practically forced us to strip off every time we went to the beach or something "c'mon kids it's natural" etc etc :p Hence I went the other way and became quite the concious prude, never going topless or anything as I got older.

Now I have my own kids - 11 and 8 - I enjoy inflicting the pain back the other way LOL :rofl: (only in the bathroom/bedroom tho!). My girls are like "ewww mum, put some clothes on, that's disgusting!". However, I would never let anyone else's children see me naked, no way! But with your own kids I can't see the prob, if they don't like it they can leave the room!! ;)

iPom Aug 25th 2007 1:42 pm

My kids see me naked a lot. In the bath or shower, getting changed in the morning. If they're uncomfortable with it, they can always leave the room... I don't walk around the house naked for the hell of it, but will in my underwear if I need clothes from the laundry.

I think it's really important kids don't feel ashamed or embarrassed by their bodies...and we teach them that by not being ashamed about ours.

I think kids have a natural sense of modesty which hits some kids early and some later... my near 11 yr old has started really covering up even though she still looks like a baby... but she'll get over it I think... It's a tricky time with confidence and hormones.
My son's nearly 5 .. .next month in fact, and he doesn't care a jot. 5 yr old boys don't care about gender.... they care about chocolate frogs and playing silly games with their buddies and making robots out of boxes and foil...

GET YER KIT OFF!

:teeth_smile:

mark 'n' joe Aug 25th 2007 2:04 pm

Theres no way I would let other peoples kids see me naked, but my son sees me all the time. He is only 3 though, but is already asking questions:eek:

Jx

iPom Aug 25th 2007 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe (Post 5234212)
Theres no way I would let other peoples kids see me naked, but my son sees me all the time. He is only 3 though, but is already asking questions:eek:

Jx

But he's meant to ask questions... and you're just meant to answer them like it's no big deal... ;)

To them, how babies arrive is just the same as how steam trains work... explain, explain, explain and then when they're teenagers and they don't want to talk to you, they have information in there somewhere they can access.

northernbird Aug 25th 2007 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by iPom (Post 5234174)
My kids see me naked a lot. In the bath or shower, getting changed in the morning. If they're uncomfortable with it, they can always leave the room... I don't walk around the house naked for the hell of it, but will in my underwear if I need clothes from the laundry.

I think it's really important kids don't feel ashamed or embarrassed by their bodies...and we teach them that by not being ashamed about ours.

I think kids have a natural sense of modesty which hits some kids early and some later... my near 11 yr old has started really covering up even though she still looks like a baby... but she'll get over it I think... It's a tricky time with confidence and hormones.
My son's nearly 5 .. .next month in fact, and he doesn't care a jot. 5 yr old boys don't care about gender.... they care about chocolate frogs and playing silly games with their buddies and making robots out of boxes and foil...

GET YER KIT OFF!

:teeth_smile:

My 9 year old is like that. She went to a birthday party last weekend and put this really lovely top on but she has breasts (albeit small ones) and she was cold ;) (if you get my drift). We had to make her put her little bra thingy on underneath to protect her modesty. I don't mind the kids seeing me naked but Paul now doesn't walk around like he used to when they were babies.

iPom Aug 25th 2007 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5234259)
My 9 year old is like that. She went to a birthday party last weekend and put this really lovely top on but she has breasts (albeit small ones) and she was cold ;) (if you get my drift). We had to make her put her little bra thingy on underneath to protect her modesty. I don't mind the kids seeing me naked but Paul now doesn't walk around like he used to when they were babies.

I get your drift... God it's a hard time... remember it well.

:-/

weez75 Aug 25th 2007 2:36 pm

my kids seeing me naked .... yep that's ok , my husband NOOOOOO way !!!!:lol:
my eldest son is ten and is getting embarrassed to see my wobbly bits now so i always let him know when i am going to be in the buff so he can run and hide if he wants , my 7 year old is fine with it though is convinced that i have a willy( tucked away somewhere !) and asks me when my boobs are going to be big like grandmas!!! Oh and he loves to slap my bare butt just to see it wobble !! don't ya just love em !!
I think kids are pretty good at letting you know when they have had enough of seeing bare bits ....would i get my wobbly bits out in front of their friends though?........like the hubbie answer ,NOOOOOOO way :lol:

weez

moneypenny20 Aug 25th 2007 2:38 pm

Until the girls were about 10 they would get in the shower with me for hair washing. Eldest had to go to our bathroom the other week after hubby had gone to bed. She came out dead quick and said "that's revolting" - I looked in, the duvet was off him and one leg was bent - she saw far more of him than a 14 year old girl wants to see of her father :rofl:

A few years ago, hubby was in the bath about to go on nights and eldest's best friend wandered in to ask him something. She was totally unconcerned, he was as embarrassed as hell :D I was fairly horrified:ohmy: