Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you have a better quality of life in oz?

Do you have a better quality of life in oz?

Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:35 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have a better quality of life in oz?

Originally Posted by NickyP
Yep that is Omo our rescue cat. He is currently slobbing about outside as he won't lower himself to share the house with the dogs lol. He isn't scared of them but they try to be far too friendly for his liking. Our other cat is thinner and a blue/grey tabby (very cute but very blonde).
How is you kelpie going? Is he keeping you busy?
Nicky
That is the most gorgeous cat.

The kelpie is so funny Nicky, I cant believe how entertaining he is.

The other day he was playing with a Doberman/coffee table, a sharpei dog, a staffy and a red cloud Kelpie in the park.

Rocky and the other kelpie started to herd the other dogs and round them up and then they started on me and the other two owners, literally rounding us up.

My god it was funny, the kelpies were nipping the backs of our heels - dogs as well and didnt stop until we were all grouped together in a tight circle. Rocky was standing crouched down with one front paw off the ground ready to move if he had to and the other kelpie mirrored his actions.

He has started to herd Mr PP, myself and the cat up in the house - he spent ten minutes 'bringing us in' this morning.

Later after Mr PP had gone I heard Gordon crying, I found Rocky had pinned him to the wall using his hind quarters, the dog was looking at me as if to say 'Ive brought him in' and the cat looked at me as if to say 'Jesus, must we do this?'

He is such a bright little dog, now responding to hand signals in obedience. As soon as we can afford a car I am taking him training.

He has chewed 2 council rego disks and is known by the council as 'super Kelp'.

We are very pleased with him, I would like another cat so Gordon would have someone more suited to him to play with but Mr PP said no. Besides the cat and dog do enjoy each other, Rocky spends a good ten minutes pinning the cat down and grooming him.

Have you any piccies of your dogs?
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;7100956]That is the most gorgeous cat.

Rocky and the other kelpie started to herd the other dogs and round them up and then they started on me and the other two owners, literally rounding us up.

I have put a few photos onto photbucket on the other place but will try to add a couple here. It will be so much fun when the dogs can go with the kids to the swimming hole but Fish has to stay away from water for a bit longer after his op.
Fish isn't very keen on the horse opposit so he has to check the fences for signs of incursions every time he goes outside lol. They both keep well away from the chooks and the cats as they are far too frightening, the chooks in particular charge the dogs and scare the crap out of them. Fish does like to keep us all together but his herding skills (or rather lack of them) are probably what landed him in the pound.
Sorry for hijacking the thread .
Nicky
Attached Thumbnails Do you have a better quality of life in oz?-dscf1401.jpg   Do you have a better quality of life in oz?-dscf1403.jpg   Do you have a better quality of life in oz?-dscf1398.jpg   Do you have a better quality of life in oz?-dscf1411.jpg  

Last edited by NickyP; Dec 27th 2008 at 5:02 am.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=NickyP;7100992]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
That is the most gorgeous cat.

I have put a few photos onto photbucket on the other place but will try to add a couple here. It will be so much fun when the dogs can go with the kids to the swimming hole but Fish has to stay away from water for a bit longer after his op.
Fish isn't very keen on the horse opposit so he has to check the fences for signs of incursions every time he goes outside lol. They both keep well away from the chooks and the cats as they are far too frightening, the chooks in particular charge the dogs and scare the crap out of them. Fish does like to keep us all together but his herding skills (or rather lack of them) are probably what landed him in the pound.
Sorry for hijacking the thread .
Nicky

They are lovely

What made you get two dogs? Are they both pound dogs?
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;7101001]
Originally Posted by NickyP

They are lovely

What made you get two dogs? Are they both pound dogs?
We went to the foster home to see Mr Fisher (the blue heeler) and he was there with loads of jack Russells and was quite happy with his friends (I think that he thought that he was a Jack Russell). They also had another foster dog, which was Bandit ,so we adopted Fish and are trialling bandit as a companion (just incase his terrier nature leads him to be too much of an escape artist). They are both very happy and have settled very well so we will keep both. Now that we have taken fish's collar off they are lying together and are being very cute (although Fish tends to squish bandit by sleeping with his head ontop of him lol). The idea was that they will keep each other company while I am at work as they were already best buddies in their foster home.
Nicky