Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you find Australia boring/dull?

agreed neil52

and if i ever won the lotto i would. beach house here six months a year. old castle/manor house in rural england for four and a bit of world travel on top.

as a single twenty something i did find it rather dull and a years backpacking was enough
now im older it floats my boat in more ways than a life in the uk
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oz miller man
agreed neil52

and if i ever won the lotto i would. beach house here six months a year. old castle/manor house in rural england for four and a bit of world travel on top.

as a single twenty something i did find it rather dull and a years backpacking was enough
now im older it floats my boat in more ways than a life in the uk
I'm OK with where I live now, at my stage in life, though it did take me a couple of years to get used to 'it' .... but if I was here and 20 then I would need to be on suicide watch.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oz is not boring but unfortunately the people are dull uneducated racist and worst of all they cant handle their drink (In Queensland anyway)
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Sorry, only boring people would get bored in Australia.

maybe you should move to Afghanistan or the projects of LA?
I'd say that only boring people get bored anywhere
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I'd say that only boring people get bored anywhere
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I think that most of the sensible replies are getting the same point across and that is that the 2 countries are the other side of the world from each other, they both hold different qualities and different problems and its wrong to try to compare them.

I personally love it here and am a big fan of Australia, I live in South East Queensland and there is so much to do here I never get bored. Having said that its tipping it down right now.

I do however miss loads of things from the UK. The pubs, cold crisp mornings with blue skies, countryside, culture and the football to name but a few.

I have read a few replies about Perth and without offending all the WA residents the place was beautiful, beaches are awesome but after 3 trips I did start to think I needed more. Being on the east coast its easier to access other cities and more places reasonably close to travel to.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:09 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neil52
I agree...I got bored in perth and I am not a boring person...
Would you hve been bored in a different part of the country such as Melboune or Sydney?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Boring, probably not, in the sense that I am not really bored wherever I am as I can find interesting things to do.

Dull - most definitely yes. Perth, Adelaide and Canberra are the most dull places I've ever spent time in in this world! Melbourne less so, although the 'burbs are pretty drab.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Great smilie!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mono
I do.

Do you?

By the way, do try and think of something more intelligent than ''piss off back to the UK then''. You know who you are.
You only have to look at ex poms who spend half thier life on facebook to find your answer!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oz is not boring but unfortunately the people are dull uneducated racist and worst of all they cant handle their drink (In Queensland anyway)
"the people" who are these people? A huge number of the people that you encounter in Australia are not even Australians, most of them are recent arrivals or the children of recent arrivals.

"dull uneducated racist: I lived in Bradford a few years back, talk about racist!!! The people of Bradford could teach the Queenslanders a thing or two about racism. How many city centers in Queensland have been torched during race riots?

"and worst of all they cant handle their drink" So you obviously have never experienced the joys of a typical British town center on a Friday night watching lager louts kicking each others heads in and vomiting in the gutter and young drunk females urinating on the footpath.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Devlin
Boring, probably not, in the sense that I am not really bored wherever I am as I can find interesting things to do.

Dull - most definitely yes. Perth, Adelaide and Canberra are the most dull places I've ever spent time in in this world! Melbourne less so, although the 'burbs are pretty drab.
I agree with your point about dull and boring are different. I've been to some dull places, have somehow managed to entertain myself while there, then moved on.

Last edited by Deutschmaster; Feb 7th 2010 at 12:01 am. Reason: correction
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:12 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

I do.

Do you?

By the way, do try and think of something more intelligent than ''piss off back to the UK then''. You know who you are.
No I don't.

If you do then you must be a boring person ... yawn
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:15 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

So if you like football, museums, galleries, country walks, history and culture you'll find all of the above in equal measure/quality in Australia, will you?

Idiot.
Whats your problem mate ? This just shows you up as being an uneducated fool.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UncleKev
"the people" who are these people? A huge number of the people that you encounter in Australia are not even Australians, most of them are recent arrivals or the children of recent arrivals.

"dull uneducated racist: I lived in Bradford a few years back, talk about racist!!! The people of Bradford could teach the Queenslanders a thing or two about racism. How many city centers in Queensland have been torched during race riots?

"and worst of all they cant handle their drink" So you obviously have never experienced the joys of a typical British town center on a Friday night watching lager louts kicking each others heads in and vomiting in the gutter and young drunk females urinating on the footpath.
Queenslanders and brits are the one and same as far as im concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.