Reload this Page >

Do you ever feel lonely ...

Do you ever feel lonely ...

Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:12 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you ever feel lonely ...

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't feel lonely over here but when I feel a bit down about anything, I just take a look at Coffee Bean and Jock. One of them is bound to make me laugh.

Mrs JTL
LOL - that's true. I need another dog.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:15 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
Cool..
Yes, I get real moments of lonliness.. which is surreal thing when you're married but lonely... Like two things I never thought would go together.

Of course I miss my friends in the uk and am trying to make more here, which is hard breaking into other people's established social circles, but it's going ok....

Anyway, just wondering if other people felt the same ... I need to join some clubs or something, get my dancing shoes on and go salsa with someone.
You can be in a crowded room and still feel lonely - people interpret loneliness in different way. But equally you can feel close to someone when they are nowhere near.

Its a huge step to try and break in to established social circles but the benfits far outweigh awkwardness of doing it.

Go for it - you have nothing to lose.

SC x-x-x
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes I do get lonely. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. Although I am hardly ever alone, I miss having someone to drop in on for a quick cuppa or someone to ring up and complain about my husband to. You know? The ordinary everyday things that used to happen before we moved around the world.
Ok, I've admitted it. Who's next?

Thanks Dorothy, that's exacty how I feel. I don't mind being alone, but lonely sucks.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the quick cuppa or ringing someone up etc.
I am married too but feel lonely in that... which sucks too. My hub's going on yesterday to his mate about how we're re-discovering our lives a bit more now our kids are older and I'm just standing there with my mouth hanging open and wondering if we're in the same marriage or on the same planet.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sassycat
You can be in a crowded room and still feel lonely - people interpret loneliness in different way. But equally you can feel close to someone when they are nowhere near.

Its a huge step to try and break in to established social circles but the benfits far outweigh awkwardness of doing it.

Go for it - you have nothing to lose.

SC x-x-x
It's going ok, sassy... got a really good friend I'm going to be near when I move, and another girl who's great fun ... It just takes time I think..
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:23 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

My hub's going on yesterday to his mate about how we're re-discovering our lives a bit more now our kids are older and I'm just standing there with my mouth hanging open and wondering if we're in the same marriage or on the same planet.
Thats it you see. Us men are more relaxed, easy going, come what may kinda thing but you women fret over the smallest things and worry about....Worrying. You need to learn to chill, maybe smoke some weed and it will all be fine.
And NO, I am not taking the piss.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:23 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had any friends
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Thats it you see. Us men are more relaxed, easy going, come what may kinda thing but you women fret over the smallest things and worry about....Worrying. You need to learn to chill, maybe smoke some weed and it will all be fine.
And NO, I am not taking the piss.

But I am chilled WB, but I'm lonely too. It's maybe something you guys don't get. I am quite happy to get off my arse and go do something, and I will.... and I'm not worried about anything actually, I'm just feeling the need for some company... You chicks know what I'm on about, right?

Breaking open a bottle of nice white and sitting having a girly chuckle about something ... moaning about the fellas without expecting someone to 'fix' it... just stuff, right?
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

I'll be your friend, stuck... you look like a nice bloke.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:31 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

But I am chilled WB, but I'm lonely too. It's maybe something you guys don't get. I am quite happy to get off my arse and go do something, and I will.... and I'm not worried about anything actually, I'm just feeling the need for some company... You chicks know what I'm on about, right?

Breaking open a bottle of nice white and sitting having a girly chuckle about something ... moaning about the fellas without expecting someone to 'fix' it... just stuff, right?
Ah well, you lost me now but I promised not to take the piss.

Enjoy the rest of your thread.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Ah well, you lost me now but I promised not to take the piss.

Enjoy the rest of your thread.
Appreciate it WB... It's a 'girl thing' hon...

Enjoy the rest of your night.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Thats cos you are always

But I love you all the same xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:40 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

... over here in Aus? What do you do to keep it at bay?
Loneliness is a state of mind

Can be overcrowded in the wilderness and yet lonely in London
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I said to a couple of girls at work yesterday that I disliked my hub less than usual. They looked at me like I had 6 heads!! It would be nice to have someone who I could say those things to who would understand that I really don't dislike him, it's just that after 12 years of marriage it's not all sunshine and lollipops anymore.
I had a friend I worked with and we could say just one word and crack up. We would go to the driving range to his golf balls about twice a month and she would draw faces of people on the balls before she hit them. Our boss, her boyfriend, my husband. I would love to have someone nearby that I could do that with. I guess that will come with time.
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears
Loneliness is a state of mind

Can be overcrowded in the wilderness and yet lonely in London

Couldn't agree more
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:45 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be your friend, stuck... you look like a nice bloke.
Thanks Ipom

You come across as an intellegent/clued up woman...i would love to be your friend.

regards,Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.