Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you believe in Psychics?

Do you believe in Psychics?

Old May 10th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you believe in Psychics?

Mumbo jumbo preying on the vulnerable, or valid part of our society?

Have you ever been to see one and did they ever tell you anything truly 'remarkable'.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Psychics?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

Have you ever been to see one and did they ever tell you anything truly 'remarkable'.

Yeh I believe in them was told to drink all my booze last night so the burglars who broke into my house today would not get their thieving hands on it lol.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:47 pm
Don't Panic.

phobia is an unknown quantity at this point

Psychics, hypnotists and that lot... _all_ rubbish if you ask me.

Just my point of view but, you have to be pretty weak minded to fall for it.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=The Jones Family;4761780]Re: Do you believe in Psychics?[QUOTE]No, but I believe in physics.
Old May 10th 2007, 3:01 pm
AlexandNeil

themavia will become famous soon enough

wouldnt they be the first to know where maddie is? I pray that they would be able to anyway....
Old May 11th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

I believe there are some who prey on the vulnerable but i also believe they have their place and hold some truth.
I have seen a psychic on two separate occassions on a one to one basis. One was rubbish and could relate to anyone. Second one was spot on. Knew stuff that noone else knew and i had only answered with yes or no or made no comment.
I have also been to a spiritualist church service on a few occassions. Again some of it mumbo jumbo but some of it may be not.
Amongst other stuff, one evening i went with a group of girls from work ( about a month before i went on my reccie trip) This psychic picked me straight out from the audience and told me that I would be travelling overseas in the near future, it was a long journey by air but i wasnt to go to far over land He kept stressing dont go too far by land. Said he could see a big wave like a tsunami, and made a joke about how i should cancel any holiday plans. Couple of days after i landed on the west coast of Australia a tsunami hit the east coast
I think like most things there are arguements for and against BUT i have seen it offer lots of support to some very vulnerable people and if that is the case that has got to be a postive thing hey? HOWEVR i would never pay more than a fiver to see one
Old May 11th 2007, 6:38 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

A good friend of mine went to see one about 10 years ago.
She won't tell me what was said but she hasn't been the same since.
She has suffered with depression and I believe this was a contributing factor.
I think there are a lot of fraudsters out there who do a lot of damage.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
A good friend of mine went to see one about 10 years ago.
She won't tell me what was said but she hasn't been the same since.
She has suffered with depression and I believe this was a contributing factor.
I think there are a lot of fraudsters out there who do a lot of damage.

I agree that for some people it can have a detrimental effect
Old May 11th 2007, 6:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

what am I thinking........right now?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
whether to go and get another beer out or not
Old May 11th 2007, 6:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
whether to go and get another beer out or not
you are terrifyingly close!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:53 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm

I see overseas travel featuring quite heavily in your life.
Also you know someone called Dave
I see ..... Rugby
You take great pleasure in piss taking
You have eyes
you frequent internet chat forums
One of your neighbours or relatives drives a Ford car

That'll be £15 please
Old May 11th 2007, 6:54 pm
Straw Man.

Hmm

I see overseas travel featuring quite heavily in your life.
Also you know someone called Dave
I see ..... Rugby
You take great pleasure in piss taking
You have eyes
you frequent internet chat forums
One of your neighbours or relatives drives a Ford car

That'll be £15 please
thats where you will be wrong!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:23 pm
Happy migrant

thats where you will be wrong!
Err not Ford.
I meant Renault
Old May 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
Straw Man.

Err not Ford.
I meant Renault
Cheeky!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.