Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you believe in fate?

Wikiposts

Do you believe in fate?

Old May 28th 2008, 5:04 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in fate?

Our hosue sale was a total nightmare. First sale fell through a few days before exchange of contracts. Getting another buyer took weeks. And don't get me started on the time wasters traipsing through the house! (For example: There was the one asking where the downstairs bathroom was as he was clutching the estate agent's brochure with the house layout - clearly indicating we didn't have a downstaris bathroom.)

And second sale nearly fell through as well, because someone lower down the chain had a leasehold property and an idiot solicitor who'd forgotten to apply for a particular document.

We wondered whether all the stress was worth it.

Now that we've been in beautiful Perth all that has become a hazy memory. And if someone asked me: it was all well worth it.

I'd definitely not let fate decide what I should do.

Gina
Old May 28th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
My OH and I are at a bit of a crossroads.

Two opportunities have come up - one here in the U.K and the other in Australia.

We genuinely don't know which option is the best

We accepted an offer on our house a couple of months ago and it has been a real pain. One thing after another has delayed it. We should have been exchanging tomorrow but now there is another problem and our buyers bank want to revalue their property.
Our house sale could go either way.

OH and I have just decided we will let fate make our decision.

If our house sale falls through we will knock the whole Australia thing on the head and stay put here in Blighty with my new opportunity.
If the sale goes through we will be in Australia in January with that opportunity.

Are we mad to let fate decide?
I believe in fate although also believe that we can influence it! As Sal said what will be will be!

Wishing you the very best for the future wherever that future may take you.

Lau x
Old May 28th 2008, 10:24 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Gee Kathy first it was Melbourne then Brisbane then Melbourne again then Perth and now its stay in the UK!!!

Hmmm note that you chose Melbourne twice in the above sequence....

Must be fate

Buzzy
Old May 28th 2008, 10:29 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Gee Kathy first it was Melbourne then Brisbane then Melbourne again then Perth and now its stay in the UK!!!

Hmmm note that you chose Melbourne twice in the above sequence....

Must be fate

Buzzy
Melbourne was my first choice - still is.
The Brisbane thing was just a wobble that only lasted a week
Perth is the only place that offers the course for T. I have searched every TAFE in Australia!!
I don't want to stay in the U.K - I might have to though if the house doesn't sell

So when you look at it like that I'm not as flakey as I first appear
Old May 28th 2008, 10:31 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Do you believe in fate?

Melbourne was my first choice - still is.
The Brisbane thing was just a wobble that only lasted a week
Perth is the only place that offers the course for T. I have searched every TAFE in Australia!!
I don't want to stay in the U.K - I might have to though if the house doesn't sell

So when you look at it like that I'm not as flakey as I first appear

Oh I don't think you're any flakier than anyone else including us, I just want you to come to Melbourne!

Buzzy
Old May 28th 2008, 10:32 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I don't think you're any flakier than anyone else including us, I just want you to come to Melbourne!

Buzzy
I want to come to Melbourne!!!
Old May 28th 2008, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy
Well Kath, if that doesn't help you make your mind up, I'm not sure what will!
Old May 28th 2008, 10:36 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well Kath, if that doesn't help you make your mind up, I'm not sure what will!
I want to live in the house next door to Buzzy so his luck rubs off
Old May 28th 2008, 10:46 pm
Victorian Evangelist

You make your own luck in this life guys, if you're in the right place at the right time it's because you put yourself there.

Oh and the house next door is a mirror image of ours so you might get a mirror image of our luck

Buzzy
Old May 28th 2008, 10:47 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Actually thinking about it, the luckiest thing that happened to us was choosing Melbourne. That was pretty lucky.

Buzzy
Old May 28th 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You make your own luck in this life guys, if you're in the right place at the right time it's because you put yourself there.

Oh and the house next door is a mirror image of ours so you might get a mirror image of our luck

Buzzy
Right that's it!
Sod Cairns, I'm off to Melbourne to fight with Kath over the house 'cos I have never managed to be in the right place at the right time in my entire life! Do you give lessons BB?
Old May 28th 2008, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Gooseberry fool all round
Something sweet and sickly sounds good to me....

Lau x
Old May 28th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Funnily enough someone said this to me recently
I don't want to regret not going but bloody hell - I really do not want time wasters traipsing round my house again

I'm just hoping this sale goes through
Hello - I haven't read through the rest of your thread! but if you hope the sale goes through then you should still go for it !
Old May 28th 2008, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually thinking about it, the luckiest thing that happened to us was choosing Melbourne. That was pretty lucky.

Buzzy
I'm a Melbourne fan too - don't mind having some of my mates over here with me

Lau x