Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you believe in fate?

Wikiposts

Do you believe in fate?

Old May 28th 2008, 4:56 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you believe in fate?

My OH and I are at a bit of a crossroads.

Two opportunities have come up - one here in the U.K and the other in Australia.

We genuinely don't know which option is the best

We accepted an offer on our house a couple of months ago and it has been a real pain. One thing after another has delayed it. We should have been exchanging tomorrow but now there is another problem and our buyers bank want to revalue their property.
Our house sale could go either way.

OH and I have just decided we will let fate make our decision.

If our house sale falls through we will knock the whole Australia thing on the head and stay put here in Blighty with my new opportunity.
If the sale goes through we will be in Australia in January with that opportunity.

Are we mad to let fate decide?
Old May 28th 2008, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in fate?

Que sera, sera!

Dilemma for sure but only you guys know where your hearts truly lie.
Good luck
Old May 28th 2008, 5:01 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Que sera, sera!

Dilemma for sure but only you guys know where your hearts truly lie.
Good luck
That's the thing Sal - we don't!

Hence letting fate step in.

All good fun though!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:03 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't believe in letting fate decide for me I try to make my own mind up, fate is what balls things up for me but I try not to let fate be a winner
Old May 28th 2008, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
No I don't believe in letting fate decide for me I try to make my own mind up, fate is what balls things up for me but I try not to let fate be a winner
LOL, I'm the same. I force the World to adapt to me - rather than the other way round!

Having said that, fate has stepped in once or twice. I went to see my mum on Mother's day. Kissed her goodbye at the door and said I loved her. That night she died of an unexpected heart attack. That's fate - something which nobody can control.

You have a choice here Kapri. If it were me, I would see if the sale goes through. If it doesn't, the market is pretty bad at the moment, so it would be a wise choice to take the UK job but VALIDATE that visa. Then plan to move over when the house market is stable again - you have 5 years.

Good luck in whatever you decide - it's all good - but it's not fate.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:26 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Fly Away

You have a choice here Kapri. If it were me, I would see if the sale goes through. If it doesn't, the market is pretty bad at the moment, so it would be a wise choice to take the UK job but VALIDATE that visa. Then plan to move over when the house market is stable again - you have 5 years.
that's probably what we'll do.
I couldn't face putting the house on the market again
Old May 28th 2008, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
That's the thing Sal - we don't!

Hence letting fate step in.

All good fun though!
Do you think that you are perhaps stressed out with house selling & this may be colouring your judgement?
What were your reasons for wanting to move to Oz in the first place? Have those things changed?
Old May 28th 2008, 5:50 am
Happy migrant

Do you think that you are perhaps stressed out with house selling & this may be colouring your judgement?
What were your reasons for wanting to move to Oz in the first place? Have those things changed?
Yes - I definitely think I'm stressed
I'm really fed up with the whole process tbh. The house, the visa, the lot

How are your plans? Is your house on the market yet?
Old May 28th 2008, 6:01 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Are we mad to let fate decide?
Depends on your life philosophy I guess , in the future if you look back to this time what would you regret more??

If you really want to go to Oz then you have to keep going through the hurdles no matter how frustating it gets. Otherwise you'll end up being one of those nurses saying wistfully to newstarts on the ward "I had a chance to go to australia when I was your age " lol

If you arent fussed anymore one way or another then I guess it doesnt matter which way it goes as long as you are happy

*hello *
Old May 28th 2008, 6:40 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

stressed is desserts spelt backwards
Old May 28th 2008, 6:41 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by penky
Otherwise you'll end up being one of those nurses saying wistfully to newstarts on the ward "I had a chance to go to australia when I was your age " lol
Funnily enough someone said this to me recently
I don't want to regret not going but bloody hell - I really do not want time wasters traipsing round my house again

I'm just hoping this sale goes through
Old May 28th 2008, 6:42 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by asher
stressed is desserts spelt backwards
Excellent

That has cheered me up! I'm having desserts
Old May 28th 2008, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think Penky makes a good point, if we really want it, we have to keep jumping through hoops until we get there! It is a long & frustrating process but really, when you are about to make a life-changing move, it shouldn't be too easy should it!

EAs were round today & house on market next week Let's see how calm & rational I am then!!
Old May 28th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

I think Penky makes a good point, if we really want it, we have to keep jumping through hoops until we get there! It is a long & frustrating process but really, when you are about to make a life-changing move, it shouldn't be too easy should it!

EAs were round today & house on market next week Let's see how calm & rational I am then!!
Just spied this Sallyclaire, Am I a stalker
well done and best of British to you!!

As for fate, I only believe in it went something positive or good happens
Whatever you decide I wish you well and have sent kARMA to help you think a little clearer
Caroline
Old May 28th 2008, 6:49 am

Excellent

That has cheered me up! I'm having desserts
ooh which ones shall we start with? or shall we just have the whole trolley? yum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.