Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do people not care anymore?

Do people not care anymore?

Old Mar 7th 2014, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do people not care anymore?

calling 000 would have been useful... but videoing the assault could also be useful as evidence in a court of law against the thugs involved .....

no denying what happened... and who was involved
Old Mar 7th 2014, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie007
calling 000 would have been useful... but videoing the assault could also be useful as evidence in a court of law against the thugs involved .....

no denying what happened... and who was involved
yep no denying it, if it wasn't plastered all over the interweb, slapped wrist and sent on their way. They most certainly wouldn't feel ashamed of themselves.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

One other point on this, just in case. My Youngest was accosted by a very elderly Greek bloke on a tram when she was around 17 years old. (about 2 years ago) Now he has ended up in court and there were 5 other different cases. I personally reckon she would have been well in her rights to physically retalite in an agressive manner to him. My second daughter Nyz would have flattened him.

Not say this is the case, but it's not always what it seems.

BTW It's taken over 2 years to get to court and at the commital hearing my daughter was throuroughly cross examined by the defence and totally blew them away... I mentioned it at the time on here about 4 or 5 weeks ago, re her stoush with the defence lawyer. Hers was the only case that didnt have video from the tram as back up.

On the day it happened she was back at our house within 3 mins of getting of the tram, the old bloke turns out he is in his early 70's had started following her. I went out looking for him... I'm really glad now I didnt find him, God knows what I would have done... but it would have been far far worse than that video for sure.

We still have a court case to go through yet. Not sure whether I should go to be honest. My wife will be there all the way for sure.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 7th 2014 at 11:31 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
One other point on this, just in case. My Youngest was accosted by a very elderly Greek bloke on a tram when she was around 17 years old. (about 2 years ago) Now he has ended up in court and there were 5 other different cases. I personally reckon she would have been well in her rights to physically retalite in an agressive manner to him. My second daughter Nyz would have flattened him.

Not say this is the case, but it's not always what it seems.

BTW It's taken over 2 years to get to court and at the commital hearing my daughter was throuroughly cross examined by the defence and totally blew them away... I mentioned it at the time on here about 4 or 5 weeks ago, re her stoush with the defence lawyer. Hers was the only case that didnt have video from the tram as back up.

On the day it happened she was back at our house within 3 mins of getting of the tram, the old bloke turns out he is in his early 70's had started following her. I went out looking for him... I'm really glad now I didnt find him, God knows what I would have done... but it would have been far far worse than that video for sure.

We still have a court case to go through yet. Not sure whether I should go to be honest. My wife will be there all the way for sure.
We had a similar event many years ago in the U.K. I went to court & it was very difficult to sit through even the opening with my daughter being referred to several times as being 17 when in fact she was only 15 when the events occurred. Luckily for us at that point her attacker changed his plea to guilty & saved us a lot of traumatic memories.
I'd say go & be there for your daughter sit either side of her & try not to shout liar to often it upsets the judge
Old Mar 8th 2014, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I assume everyone is well aware of the cowardly despicable attack on a 77 near blind man by 2 young girls on a bus near Brisbane. Disregarding the fact that these 2 oxygen theives attacked an old man the disturbing part is that nobody intervened until the schoolgirl filming it basically said 'someone stop this'. Apparently the bus driver did nothing at all and didnt even ask if the victim was OK.
My question is why are people so disinclined to help someone in this sort of situation? I can fully understand not being too keen if it was a gang of men or even teenage boys but this was 2 young girls attacking an OAP. The father of one of the girls was more upset about the fact that his daughter was in hancuffs.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/que...-1226840203524
*I should add before the inevitable this issue isnt country specific but this incident made me think about this subject so can we keep the personal stuff where it belongs, in the schoolyard *
A lady who was on the bus was interviewed and she said she was stood in the aisle with a pushchair, thus blocking anyone getting to the front - her words not mine. It was reported that the elderly man merely told them to stop swearing. The blonde, who was the worst of the two, was let out as her dear daddy is a cop!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:42 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
A lady who was on the bus was interviewed and she said she was stood in the aisle with a pushchair, thus blocking anyone getting to the front - her words not mine. It was reported that the elderly man merely told them to stop swearing. The blonde, who was the worst of the two, was let out as her dear daddy is a cop!
Is he really a cop? I heard something about it on FB but assumed it was just gossip.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Is he really a cop? I heard something about it on FB but assumed it was just gossip.
Even if he is, what does that have to do with his daughter's actions? Kids don't always follow in their parents' footsteps and parents are not responsible for their teenagers' decisions. Lord knows I copped enough grief for my kid's stupidity when his choices had absolutely nothing to do with me. How about if people leave these girls' parents out of this incident unless the parents somehow insinuate themselves into it?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I read she got bail as a matter of course. The other didn't because of the previous armed robbery. Whilst it was a serious offence it wasn't a refusing bail scenario surely? There's not enough room in jails as it is.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Even if he is, what does that have to do with his daughter's actions? Kids don't always follow in their parents' footsteps and parents are not responsible for their teenagers' decisions. Lord knows I copped enough grief for my kid's stupidity when his choices had absolutely nothing to do with me. How about if people leave these girls' parents out of this incident unless the parents somehow insinuate themselves into it?
Yep I appreciate all that & agree with you. I asked the question because when she was in the dock awaiting a bail hearing he was quite agitated that she was in handcuffs. A serving or retired police officer would know that cuffs were the norm in that type of case.
Sure being a cop doesn't detract from the angst he'd feel seeing his daughter in cuffs but he'd know the reason.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:32 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Yes by all accounts the old bloke wasnt in the wrong in any way, the 2 girls had been abusing other passengers as well. I would support my kids through anything but I wouldnt be trying to excuse their actions as we are seeing in this case.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:59 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes by all accounts the old bloke wasnt in the wrong in any way, the 2 girls had been abusing other passengers as well. I would support my kids through anything but I wouldnt be trying to excuse their actions as we are seeing in this case.
I agree - you can support your kids without condoning or excusing their actions.