Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Wikiposts

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

They might give this as a reason but ultimately I think it is more of an economic reason. Sense that their area is going to the dogs - a sense of general decay which might be brought about by a feeling that their identity is being eroded.

There is no doubt in my mind that some British migrants are literally economic migrants like the incoming migrants to the UK.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
My next question is, are Brits who migrated to Oz inherently racist and not showing it?
Are you suggesting that this might apply to all?

Depends on what you mean by racist. If migrants are taking jobs I can understand their fustration. If they hate wogs, spics etc then that's their issue.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:12 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That's an opinion?
i have no opinion that's why i'm asking

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe you.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:38 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe you.
but you do believe in sky fairies right?
or a zombie waiting to save you?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

but you do believe in sky fairies right?
or a zombie waiting to save you?

You need to cut back on the amyl nitrite
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:53 pm
Daffyd Duck

You need to cut back on the amyl nitrite
i am suspicious of your clandestine activities in dimly-lit venues
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:47 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry but I dont believe this either.

My opinon is not that immigrants are racist but are prejudiced which in the true meaning is we have an opinon not that we would do harm to others because of thier colour ie racist.

so commenwealth I would suggest altering the question to prejudiced not racist. As I am prejudiced about lots of things from bread to colours and PC behaviours but I would not deliberatly harm another just because his/her religion is different to mine nor thier colour.

One last point also is this a suitable question because it could inflame and upset others as thier are all sorts (liqurice as well ) that are on here.

By the way I am part irish part english part female part insane and wimpy
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
Sorry but I dont believe this either.

My opinon is not that immigrants are racist but are prejudiced which in the true meaning is we have an opinon not that we would do harm to others because of thier colour ie racist.

so commenwealth I would suggest altering the question to prejudiced not racist. As I am prejudiced about lots of things from bread to colours and PC behaviours but I would not deliberatly harm another just because his/her religion is different to mine nor thier colour.

One last point also is this a suitable question because it could inflame and upset others as thier are all sorts (liqurice as well ) that are on here.

By the way I am part irish part english part female part insane and wimpy
Didn't know Wimpy were still around, unless you're talking houses and not crap burger bars I had a cat called Wimpy. He was such a woos
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:20 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Yep, just too many people full stop. No matter who they are.

Are there too many migrants in the UK? Yes there are... and I can say that without a hint of irony.
Australia is vast with relatively few people. The UK isn't. Anybody who thinks that the number of migrants the UK has absorbed in the last decade has been good for the country is potty.

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I think there are too many immigrants in the UK who have no intention of integrating into British life and impose their own culture on Britain.

I also think there are too many immigrants in Australia who have no intention of integrating into Australian life and impose their own culture on Australia.

BB
Integration being the key word

yeh right

Aus welcomes all people and all religions but unlike the UK it asks everyone to respect the Aussie culture otherwise p*ss off back. Certainly made me realise I was a visitor and should feel lucky.

Shame UK didn't do same cos UK has lost all self respect
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:34 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

No, I have never considered moving to Australia because there are too many immigrants in the UK.

I am emigrating for adventure and warmer weather, no other reasons.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Didn't know Wimpy were still around, unless you're talking houses and not crap burger bars I had a cat called Wimpy. He was such a woos
They're still clinging on in South Africa
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:09 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'll maybe be shot down in flames for this but... Something that I've noticed more since I've arrived in Australia - probably because once again I too am an immigrant, is the tough time people from non-Western countries are having settling here. I've been mixing with many of them due to our shared "new migrant" circumstances and I can't help feeling sorry for them because of their at least perceived discrimination when it comes to looking for jobs, rentals, etc. It can be quite heartbreaking: I've seen some at their wits end over this and have come to understand why so many end up retreating into the arms of their own communities and then apparently choosing not to assimilate. It's made me realise that if we Westerners are to continue encouraging large numbers of non-Western migrants to our shores then we should either do more once they've arrived to help them fit in and assimilate or significantly reduce the numbers arriving. Else we are maybe just as responsible as they are (or perhaps more?) if they go radical and turn against us.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:20 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I'll maybe be shot down in flames for this but... Something that I've noticed more since I've arrived in Australia - probably because once again I too am an immigrant, is the tough time people from non-Western countries are having settling here. I've been mixing with many of them due to our shared "new migrant" circumstances and I can't help feeling sorry for them because of their at least perceived discrimination when it comes to looking for jobs, rentals, etc. It can be quite heartbreaking: I've seen some at their wits end over this and have come to understand why so many end up retreating into the arms of their own communities and then apparently choosing not to assimilate. It's made me realise that if we Westerners are to continue encouraging large numbers of non-Western migrants to our shores then we should either do more once they've arrived to help them fit in and assimilate or significantly reduce the numbers arriving. Else we are maybe just as responsible as they are (or perhaps more?) if they go radical and turn against us.
why is this any different from western speaking migrants mate

Many new migrants tell how difficult it was to rent without having to pay 6 months up front and how hard it was to get a job and break into the job market without Aussie skills. its not exclusive to non westerners....
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
why is this any different from western speaking migrants mate

Many new migrants tell how difficult it was to rent without having to pay 6 months up front and how hard it was to get a job and break into the job market without Aussie skills. its not exclusive to non westerners....
Yes, a very good point but I think it cuts more deeply and more personally for non-Westerners. I find myself asking if it's an issue that should be addressed in some way?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by paulry
Yes, a very good point but I think it cuts more deeply and more personally for non-Westerners. I find myself asking if it's an issue that should be addressed in some way?
not sure what you mean mate? why would this cut more deeply and more personally for non westerners than westerners?

Any new migrants whatever their background require housing and jobs and not being able to get these is distressing and equally as hard for everyone concerned so not sure what you mean mate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.