Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Wikiposts

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

I was unfortunate enough to work in Slough for a few months before heading over here. As Mrs said, "the 'ethnic goods' isle in tesco is where you find the English food".

Yes, the UK has taken far to many migrants, PC or not that's my opinion and I wouldn't want Australia to do the same (including English ones).
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by freebo
I was unfortunate enough to work in Slough for a few months before heading over here. As Mrs said, "the 'ethnic goods' isle in tesco is where you find the English food".

Yes, the UK has taken far to many migrants, PC or not that's my opinion and I wouldn't want Australia to do the same (including English ones).
Not now you're here anyway
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not now you're here anyway
I get the irony I'm saying I'm happy enough with the current level but wouldn't want Aus to open the floodgates as the UK did

As an example in Slough Mrs was taken ill when we were there, none of the local doctors would see her for about 2 weeks as they were overwhelmed with new arrivals, which seemed ironic too, given the fact we'd both been paying NI for most of our lives, BTW we have private health cover here.

Last edited by freebo; Feb 1st 2011 at 10:41 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:40 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

I think there are too many immigrants in the UK who have no intention of integrating into British life and impose their own culture on Britain.

I also think there are too many immigrants in Australia who have no intention of integrating into Australian life and impose their own culture on Australia.

BB
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:43 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I also think there are too many immigrants in Australia who have no intention of integrating into Australian life and impose their own culture on Australia.

BB
Exactly... now where's me Carling Black Label and what times the Permiership repeats on the box?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I think there are too many immigrants in the UK who have no intention of integrating into British life and impose their own culture on Britain.

BB
Totally agree.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Are there too many migrants in the UK? Yes there are... and I can say that without a hint of irony.
Australia is vast with relatively few people. The UK isn't. Anybody who thinks that the number of migrants the UK has absorbed in the last decade has been good for the country is potty.
Indeed, but the refusal of many migrants into the UK to assimilate and integrate is more of a worry. Also worrying is that they have been encouraged not to do so by government/council/PC wanker policies. Years ago I never would have believed that there would be UK-born islamic suicide bombers, but there you go.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:33 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

If 1 million Brits weren't leaving the UK perminently every year then 1 million migrants wouldn't be needed to replace them.

And yes many Brits migrate to Australia or Canada becoz engerland has too many immigrants brah.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
I get the irony I'm saying I'm happy enough with the current level but wouldn't want Aus to open the floodgates as the UK did
When I left Australia and returned to the UK, the area where I grew up (in Melbourne) was virtually 100% anglo. On returning seven years later it is now a case of spot the Aussie.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:45 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

My next question is, are Brits who migrated to Oz inherently racist and not showing it?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
My next question is, are Brits who migrated to Oz inherently racist and not showing it?
Is this a reference to your keep britain white tattoo?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

Given that your contribution to the thread was zero, my question is "why should we give a **** about answering your questions?"

Try giving an opinion yourself.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:02 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Given that your contribution to the thread was zero, my question is "why should we give a **** about answering your questions?"

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:56 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

That's an opinion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.