Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do any males get accused of not tidying the house?

Do any males get accused of not tidying the house?

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:34 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do any males get accused of not tidying the house?

I went part-time after Christmas and Mrs C reckons I don't do enough house work. I think I do and also, after applying a lot of male logic (pretty smart stuff ) that it will only get untidy again anyway.

Mrs C says it won't wash, what do you think?

Cooler
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do any males get accused of not tidying the house?

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I went part-time after Christmas and Mrs C reckons I don't do enough house work. I think I do and also, after applying a lot of male logic (pretty smart stuff ) that it will only get untidy again anyway.

Cooler
In our household, it's the other way round. The husband always clearing up after me and moaning that I'm a crap housewife!
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
In our household, it's the other way round. The husband always clearing up after me and moaning that I'm a crap housewife!
I've got one of those. However much time I spend tidying and cleaning, he comes in, grunts, moans about the mess and gets the vacuum out. Don't bust a gut anymore, if he wants to go over what's been done, he's welcome to it. BUT what does irritate is his moaning when he's tidied the kitchen and then real life happens and he finds it messy again. Apparently when HE does it, it has to remain unused. When I do it, those rules don't apply. Good job I love him.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've got one of those. However much time I spend tidying and cleaning, he comes in, grunts, moans about the mess and gets the vacuum out. Don't bust a gut anymore, if he wants to go over what's been done, he's welcome to it. BUT what does irritate is his moaning when he's tidied the kitchen and then real life happens and he finds it messy again. Apparently when HE does it, it has to remain unused. When I do it, those rules don't apply. Good job I love him.
In our household, i clean my den and office, and my girlfirend does the rest.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

I do.. All the time..
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Cooler
I actually don't mind hoovering and mopping the house. I just need to have some Radio 4 comedy, or Hamish and Andy, show playing on the phone plugged into some noise cancelling headphones (to drown out the hoover noise), and I have a good laugh whilst I'm doing it..

As for the stuff piling up on the tables and chairs, thats supposed to be Mrs JTLs job. And I think she only ever moves it when it starts to obscure the view of the television

I did insist on a skip a few weeks back to chuck all the crap out. And when she wasn't looking I did. I filled a skip in 1 day, and got it picked up the next day.

Do you know what, I could do the same stunt next month, and still fill a skip with crap we don't need,

JTL
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Ditto.. Tho i have improved lately... Under direct supervision

Leaveme to my own devices and i'm crap at it... Largely due to lack of interest
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 1:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Ditto.. Tho i have improved lately... Under direct supervision

Leaveme to my own devices and i'm crap at it... Largely due to lack of interest
It's taken me about three weeks to clear out the junk yard - spare room. Everywhere else gets tidied and if we don't know what to do with something it gets slung in there. Nearly finished but hell it's boring
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My talents lie somewhere other than house cleaning. If the old man wants a clean house he can either do it himself or hire someone.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My talents lie somewhere other than house cleaning. If the old man wants a clean house he can either do it himself or hire someone.
I like this approach.

My OH is pretty good at helping out when he's not working but as I am part-time, I do most of it.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I dunno why but I have this image in my mind of your hubby tip-toe-ing around shards of broken vases
Old Apr 4th 2011, 2:36 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Housework is for people who haven't got better things to do.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 2:53 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybee
Housework is for people who haven't got better things to do.

Or to be done when people are due to visit and the place is a tip. That gets me into action. As did the recent mega quake which had the effect of making me reorganise the junk/guest/study room as tons of stuff had fallen off shelves and clothes rails crashed into cupboards etc - worse mess than even I could have made.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:09 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Cooler
I've been a house-husband since September so, no, I don't get nagged because I tend to do all the chores around the place. I don't mind doing them either, the OH brings in the dosh and I keep everything ticking over here, fair compromise. My cooking has also improved immensely.

We have a 'family jobs' list but that is primarily to instill a work-ethic in the kid and make sure she understands pocket money should be earnt.

Why not set out a roster of jobs, agree what is reasonable and go with that?

Excuse me, the back yard needs mowing
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:10 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - my hubby and two sons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.