Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

DNA.....Stored>>>>>Or Not ???

Wikiposts

DNA.....Stored>>>>>Or Not ???

Old May 8th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: DNA.....Stored>>>>>Or Not ???

agree!

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
OK so as the title says ^^^^

Whats your opinion ?? at the moment there seems to be a big hoo harr about this in England at the moment...

Some say 3 Years

Some say 6 Years

Some say 12 Years

Some say indefinitely

Some say serious crime

Some say petty crime

I personally think that we should have our DNA taken @ birth and it should be logged and stored for LIFE !!!

I do not belive this to be a issue for anyone??

This data profile could only ever be used against you if you committed a crime surly ??

They aint gonna track you down and stone you for helping a old lady across the road are they?

I say bring it on.. I have nothing to hide

Think how much this would reduce crime on all levels ?????????????????

And in turn the insurance policies etc etc

Dougie
Old May 8th 2009, 12:11 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Yeah I read it. I also read animal farm. Should I be worried about our new animal overlords?

DNA to microchip is ahuge leap and not what was suggested. Your movements are pretty much trackable as it is with the technology available
I read that too, animal farm was brilliant!

I also thought everyone read those books at school!
Old May 8th 2009, 12:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I read that too, animal farm was brilliant!

I also thought everyone read those books at school!
Some people even read them for pleasure.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:34 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Some people even read them for pleasure.
I'll bet!

Classics though.

Kes was another good book from school - and then there was Shakespeare (which i bloody hated)
Old May 8th 2009, 12:53 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't read them at school. I read 1984 just after leaving.

The one I remember from school was Cider with Rosie. What a load of crap that was!
Old May 8th 2009, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
We didn't read them at school. I read 1984 just after leaving.

The one I remember from school was Cider with Rosie. What a load of crap that was!
Never heard of that one.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of that one.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:15 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I am the cheese! That was a good book.

I say stop worrying about it and go surfing instead!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:18 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Put me off going to the Cotswolds that's for sure.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Why not microchip everyone so you can track their movements too?

You lot are bonkers Stalinists, have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell?
Renth's right . . . and anyone who doesn't agree can swivel on my fat one!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Of course he is, been trying to tell the others, but to no avail
Old May 8th 2009, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he is, been trying to tell the others, but to no avail
Terry****wits the lorra them!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:50 am

The Viz, that takes me back, used to buy it religiously!
Old May 8th 2009, 3:16 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Firstly this is not a 'book club review' thread

Lets get back OT please you bunch of

Originally Posted by renth
Didn't you have to read it at school? I thought everyone read this book at school.

I recommend you read it. It will make you realise how insane your opinions are.
How are my opinions insane exactly ? Its just a database that would be refered to for the tracking and conviction of criminals.

But make it compulsery and then the average ' Mr nice guy never been in trouble with the law before' could be traced reasonabilly quickly or at least point the fuzz in the right direction

Originally Posted by seang
Yeah I read it. I also read animal farm. Should I be worried about our new animal overlords?

DNA to microchip is ahuge leap and not what was suggested. Your movements are pretty much trackable as it is with the technology available
Yep do you carry a mobile phone ????

There you go then, theres your microchip and you pay for it too !!

He's not ....... & do you mind if i dont ?

Hardly just speaking sense thats all

The Viz, that takes me back, used to buy it religiously!
Books and comics same thing !!! please refer to the top of the thread ....worm

So have we any genuine sensible offers to this small debate ?

Dougie
Old May 8th 2009, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I think it is too intelligent for them.............oh the comebacks on this one!!!

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Firstly this is not a 'book club review' thread

Lets get back OT please you bunch of
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...07/images2.jpg

How are my opinions insane exactly ? Its just a database that would be refered to for the tracking and conviction of criminals.

But make it compulsery and then the average ' Mr nice guy never been in trouble with the law before' could be traced reasonabilly quickly or at least point the fuzz in the right direction

Yep do you carry a mobile phone ????

There you go then, theres your microchip and you pay for it too !!

He's not ....... & do you mind if i dont ?

Hardly just speaking sense thats all

Books and comics same thing !!! please refer to the top of the thread ....worm

So have we any genuine sensible offers to this small debate ?

Dougie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.