Wikiposts

DIY House Selling

Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of
Default DIY House Selling

Just wondered if anyone out there has contemplated or actually has sold there house themselves without the use of an agent. Having searched the web, there seems to be several web sites offering such a service for say £50 - £100 you can post photos, submit to several property search engines, etc etc. I just don't like the idea of giving an agent several thousand £'s to do basically the exact same thing

Cheers.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY House Selling

Originally Posted by longreach
Just wondered if anyone out there has contemplated or actually has sold there house themselves without the use of an agent. Having searched the web, there seems to be several web sites offering such a service for say £50 - £100 you can post photos, submit to several property search engines, etc etc. I just don't like the idea of giving an agent several thousand £'s to do basically the exact same thing

Cheers.
I did actually use an agent, but just wanted to recommend www.houseladder.co.uk

They offer a great service and it's not too expensive, then even supply a free for sale sign if you buy the years package. Plus it gets listed on lots of sites, such as rightmove and fish4.

Good Luck
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

We are with an agent at the mo,My hubby wanted to do it himself but i was quite worried about the viewing side of things(vetting people etc)

Anyway if you decide to go down this route ,keep us posted!Good Luck

Jo
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MJELNC
We are with an agent at the mo,My hubby wanted to do it himself but i was quite worried about the viewing side of things(vetting people etc)

Anyway if you decide to go down this route ,keep us posted!Good Luck

Jo
For info, I am sure you are able to vet people as well if not better than agents, all they ask is their name.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:29 am
Just Joined

shaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: DIY House Selling

Cheers.
We are going to try the internet first before using an estate agent. I read about it in Which? magazine and they recommended it. They say you can usually get a bit more for your house that way. We are going to get 3 agents to value it first then we will have a roundabout idea. you have to do all the work yourself though, but i think it is worth a try. some sites give free for sale boards.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:49 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

In two weeks we're dropping the price on ours by 10k and plan to use http://www.thelittlehousecompany.co.uk to get onto a few more web-sites. If the house sells via a website we don't pay our current agents a penny because we have a standard sole agency agreement not a sole selling rights agreement.