Wikiposts

The Didge

Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:30 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Didge

A recent post got me thinking about this!

Anyone here able to play the didge?

Personally, I bought one a year or so ago (only a crappy bamboo one), and have gotten quite good (if I do say so) on it.......(the dog loves it)

Just wondered if anyone else out there liked to 'didge'?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:35 am

Default Re: The Didge

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Personally, I bought one a year or so ago (only a crappy bamboo one), and have gotten quite good (if I do say so) on it.......(the dog loves it)

An' I'm not bad on the ol' wobble board neither!!

Can remember as a kid............"Two little boys had two little toys, each had a wooden horse"

Me an my twin brother had a real genuwine 'Rolf' wobble board.....bladdy loved it we did!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Can remember as a kid............"Two little boys had two little toys, each had a wooden horse"

Me an my twin brother had a real genuwine 'Rolf' wobble board.....bladdy loved it we did!
Wot no stylophone?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:57 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Not me personally, but dh got bitten by the didge bug earlier in the year and is now going to classes in Fremantle. He's come on quite a lot in the last fortnight as well....

Saw a post on my homeopathy conference the other day regarding a study recently conducted which concluded that men who played the didge were less likely to snore. Apparently it's all due to the circular breathing technique used to make the different sounds. It has not helped dh in this department to date....

Our dog hates it. He howls....and looks like he's going to bolt....

Sue
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polyphemus
Wot no stylophone?

I had one of them, used to play it all the time until my Mum threw it away.

Can't imagine why???
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:13 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

he he, I brought one back from OZ in 93 and wouldn't dare put it antwhere near my mouth - too many drunken peepes have dribbled into it for me

OH is quite good on it but I never got a note out of it.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not me personally, but dh got bitten by the didge bug earlier in the year and is now going to classes in Fremantle. He's come on quite a lot in the last fortnight as well....

Saw a post on my homeopathy conference the other day regarding a study recently conducted which concluded that men who played the didge were less likely to snore. Apparently it's all due to the circular breathing technique used to make the different sounds. It has not helped dh in this department to date....

Our dog hates it. He howls....and looks like he's going to bolt....

Sue
Our ol' dad had a stylophone when we were kiddies......wouldnt let us near it and used to lock it away!! So never got into that!

Good to hear I'm not alone on the didge, I am dyeing to get hold of a decent one, but they command prices well into £000,s over here! Shall have to make do with me ol' fog horn for now!

Really want to attend classes aswell......the old circular breathing aint easy when you are trying to teach yourself! Can do it without the didge, but as soon as I put it to my mouth.........no hope! Bizarre!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:16 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Our ol' dad had a stylophone when we were kiddies......wouldnt let us near it and used to lock it away!! So never got into that!

Good to hear I'm not alone on the didge, I am dyeing to get hold of a decent one, but they command prices well into £000,s over here! Shall have to make do with me ol' fog horn for now!

Really want to attend classes aswell......the old circular breathing aint easy when you are trying to teach yourself! Can do it without the didge, but as soon as I put it to my mouth.........no hope! Bizarre!
Barry is going to a place in Fremantle. It's organised by the folk that own the didge shop in Fremantle - they have a unit in the E-sheds as well, which is how we met them. There are 13 in his class, mostly men, some mums with kids, and he paid $100 for a four-week course. I think they're rolling courses - just carry on for those interested. He's actually doing very well, teasing aside, and is already producing some.....interesting, shall we say....sounds. Whether it works for the snoring, we shall see. If it does, I shall be wildly happy.

Sue
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Traditionally only Men should play the Didgeridoo.....
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Traditionally only Men should play the Didgeridoo.....

Conversely, I was thinking it's probably a very useful thing for a woman to learn. What with Circular breathing and all.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Conversely, I was thinking it's probably a very useful thing for a woman to learn. What with Circular breathing and all.

PMSL

Was waiting for that!
Couldn't agree more though!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Why is that then?

Ohhhhhhhhhh I get it!! So we can drink our wine through a straw without having to stop for a breath??

Yeah thats a GREAT idea, huh girls???
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:38 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

AAaaaaah Rolf. We've got a CD of classic kids songs going in the car at the mo (Ernie, he drove the fastest milk cart in the west, etc etc) plus Rolf doing Jake the Peg (what a corker) and Tie me Kangaroo Down. There's a very unPC verse in the middle that goes "Let the Abbos go loose........ They're of no further use" ...... wonder if he still sings that verse in his live shows? Man's a bladdy genius. Wobble board, stylophone and extra leg. Shame about the Queen's portrait tho'.