British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Did you ever think it wouldn't happen? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/did-you-ever-think-wouldnt-happen-581056/)

lerato Dec 31st 2008 10:32 am

Did you ever think it wouldn't happen?

I think I'm just panicking b/c it's the holidays so I'm not hearing anything about my visa, and start in Sydney work 2nd Feb... It's an occupational trainee visa so they only take a couple of weeks to process. DIAC rec'd it from my sponsoring company on 9th December...so they'd have had it just less than 2 wks by Christmas. So it's not like it's been ongoing for months and months... Just starting to get this feeling in my stomach like maybe something will go wrong with it. :unsure: At the same time, logically, I know there's no reason why it would go wrong. Even if I fly out a bit later - my job even said it's fine for me to start as late as I need to, so that's not going to be a problem for them...

2009 is going to be my good year after a few difficult years, so I have to stay positive...it will be fine..!!

Did anyone else ever doubt it was going to happen for them?

lerato

annqldau Dec 31st 2008 10:22 pm

Re: Did you ever think it wouldn't happen?

I was on a different visa years ago so of no help but here's a bump up the threads...

Originally Posted by lerato (Post 7114260)
I think I'm just panicking b/c it's the holidays so I'm not hearing anything about my visa, and start in Sydney work 2nd Feb... It's an occupational trainee visa so they only take a couple of weeks to process. DIAC rec'd it from my sponsoring company on 9th December...so they'd have had it just less than 2 wks by Christmas. So it's not like it's been ongoing for months and months... Just starting to get this feeling in my stomach like maybe something will go wrong with it. :unsure: At the same time, logically, I know there's no reason why it would go wrong. Even if I fly out a bit later - my job even said it's fine for me to start as late as I need to, so that's not going to be a problem for them...

2009 is going to be my good year after a few difficult years, so I have to stay positive...it will be fine..!!

lerato

medwaymark Jan 1st 2009 4:33 am

I think everyone feels a bit like that.....Ours was a spouse visa so only took a couple of weeks.....don't think I could of handled the stress that some people have here where they have to wait months to get a CO.

Good luck & happy new year :thumbsup:

lerato Jan 5th 2009 7:24 am

Originally Posted by medwaymark (Post 7116618)
I think everyone feels a bit like that.....Ours was a spouse visa so only took a couple of weeks.....don't think I could of handled the stress that some people have here where they have to wait months to get a CO.

Good luck & happy new year :thumbsup:

Thanks, yes I guess whenever you're waiting for a visa it just seems like it could all fall through. Fingers crossed though!

lerato

marvinc Jan 5th 2009 9:56 am

Originally Posted by lerato (Post 7114260)

lerato

Yep, doubted it waiting for the visa......... got that! then the biggest doubt of all and twenty times worse than that trying to sell the damn house........... but did that.

Flight all booked now and still doesn't feel like it's actually 'real' feels more like planning a holiday.